VCTF-[Id]-Face3 Conversion

Maps made by peeps other than CTC members.

Moderators: Admins, Map moderators

-Id- iot
Dominating

VCTF-[Id]-Face3 Conversion

Post by -Id- iot »

Here is another conversion I'm working on, Face3. It is still very much in beta form. I think it needs to be played before I can iron out any further problems there may be with the conversion that I couldn't already foresee.

I added a Paladin, a Hellbender, two Scorpions, a Raptor and a Manta.

Manta running on this map will not be a fluid process, the structure of the base does not allow for such. Manta running in this map will be much like it is on maps where a player grabs on foot and then hops on a hiding Manta to escape. The Manta can scale the outer walls of each tower and wait for a flag carrier on one of the upper levels of the tower. When a player grabs the flag, he can go either left or right and enter a teleporter, which will take him to one of the upper levels, and hop on the Manta from there.

Foot running is also a viable option. It is rather difficult to get vehicles into the base, so you can expect a lot of battles on foot in your attempt to escape with the flag. Once a player grabs the flag, he has many options for escape. The teleporters will send you to an upper level. On the upper levels, there are more teleporters that will take you back down to ground level. From the ground level, a player has the option to take one of a few jump pads that will shoot you across the chasm, closer to your own base.

I would like opinions of how the map could improve after it gets played, so please post up and let me hear them.

This map will be on the public, as well as updated versions of Utopia, HedgeMaze and Cake-vs-Pie, as soon as I can get in contact with Jim.

Some screenshots:

As you'll realize once you play the map, my computer, for some reason, does not render certain static meshes in the base (and probably some that I haven't noticed yet all around the map). There is a statue on that empty block between the bird heads and a sun design on the floor of the base that aren't rendered in this screenshot. I can see them fine in the editor, but not in game.

Fear
Shock jockey

Re: VCTF-[Id]-Face3 Conversion

Post by Fear »

Wow that looks like a great map.

Mr Bean
Cock-docker

Post by Mr Bean »

Fear wrote:Wow that looks like a great map.
Ditto. Great work Id. A thought... A get-a-way vehicle may fit in well. I'm anxious to play this, and the other updates.

-Id- iot
Dominating

Post by -Id- iot »

I do not know how to make a get-away vehicle haha. The Manta can climb the tower, so Mantas can be waiting up top as a get-away vehicle.

This map is more foot run friendly than it appears. Once you grab the flag, there are teleporters you can take that are not very far from the flag. These teleporters take you to a higher level on the tower. On each of these higher levels, there are more teleporters that will take you back to ground level. At ground level there are jump pads that will take you close to the pyramid in the middle--halfway home. You can also bypass the second teleporter and just jump from the top of the tower down onto a jump pad.

I am not entirely sure this map will be successful. It seems to me that it might be a stalemate map, but before I can tell, I need to see it played. It only just now got placed on the public. Thank you Gambit. After playing the map, please post up some opinions on how it plays and how to improve it. Malicious insults will be ignored.