VCTF-[Id]-Darkside Conversion

Maps made by peeps other than CTC members.

Moderators: Admins, Map moderators

-Id- iot
Dominating

VCTF-[Id]-Darkside Conversion

Post by -Id- iot »

My new map conversion, VCTF-[Id]-Darkside. This was originally a CTF map. Total time spent in the editor would be just over three hours.

No structural changes except to open a space for the teleporter behind the flag. Added adrenaline pills and vials. Changed the pickups in the middle so now there is a double damage and 100 shield on the ramp-up tunnel and a keg and 100 shield on the ramp-down tunnel. Added one Hellbender and two Scorpians to each base.

This map should probably play similarly to Veniis: a lot of foot fragging, optional Scorpian and Hellbender vehicle DM, the need for your team to assist you in foot runs, etc.. I do believe foot capping will be easier on this map than in Veniis though. The teleporter behind the flag takes you up to the top tunnel where you stack adrenaline and health. That alone should allow easier flag caps as long as your team controls the tunnel.

Thanks to Kronx and Badasp for helping me come up with the layout of everything and to Badasp for suggesting the map be converted.

This map is currently on the private server and will hopefully be on the public server once Jim or Gambit get around to it. Here is the download link: http://www.filefront.com/14195561/VCTF- ... Beta1b.rar.

Check out that awesome teleporter emitter. Kind of hard to see it though from this far away. Thanks to Mr. Bean for the emitter. That is a classic sniper rifle pickup right there, though it is hard to tell.

!nfo.
Goo sniper

Re: VCTF-[Id]-Darkside Conversion

Post by !nfo. »

Makes me want to play CTF again. :D Nice map id.
Masterbation is like procrastination, you only end up screwing yourself.

Mr Bean
Cock-docker

Post by Mr Bean »

Looks really nice Id. Looking forward to playing it on the pub.

-Id- iot
Dominating

Post by -Id- iot »

I completely retextured Darkside. I actually did not know that it could be retextured since the whole map was one big static mesh, but I found out I could by accident while adding a BSP. Anyway, map looks much better now.

Badasp pointed out to me that the doors to the spawn and tunnel had a lip that blocked you from walking in depending on the angle you approached it from. Being that the door frame was part of one giant static mesh, I could not just delete it. Instead, I added a small BSP ramp that I placed on the wall next to the door to make you slide across the wall instead of getting caught on the frame. Although I still get caught when I approach from a certain angle, but it does fixes the issue most of the time.

I also added 50 shields in each base.

Map is ready for private and public:
http://unrealplayground.com/forums/down ... le&id=7573.

badasp
Holy sh*t!

Post by badasp »

New textures make me want to vomit. Terrible. Horrible. Terribly horrible.

lil Sin
Holy sh*t!

Post by lil Sin »

i like it :D

CTC-Salchicha
Cock-docker

Post by CTC-Salchicha »

This is a fun little map. Nice conversion Id.

All hail the Beef!

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

badasp wrote:New textures make me want to vomit. Terrible. Horrible. Terribly horrible.
LOL I actually agree. The first version was muted and didn't distract from the gameplay.

Yet still a fun map and a good conversion.

If that entire thing is a mesh, you could rebuild it pretty easily with brushes. Modify it a little as you see fit... I dunno, just an idea.
"The abyss gazes also into you"

-Id- iot
Dominating

Post by -Id- iot »

Did a bit more retexturing, but now I am done:
http://unrealplayground.com/forums/down ... le&id=7573.