VCTF-[Id]-TorlanSpace

Maps made by peeps other than CTC members.

Moderators: Admins, Map moderators

-Id- iot
Dominating

VCTF-[Id]-TorlanSpace

Post by -Id- iot »

Torlan, my favorite ONS map, finally, hopefully, converted into a playable VCTF map. There have been a few versions of Torlan converted to VCTF, but they have all turned out to be stalemate maps. The reason so many versions all played out as stalemate maps is because none of the versions changed the main problem--the flag needed to be removed from the base.

In this version, the flag is located where the first node would have been if it were still ONS. The flag being located out in the open field now allows Mantas easier access to grab it. It also means all the defensive vehicles now have to locate themselves out in the open to cover the flag, which makes them easier to destroy. With the map setup like this, capping will not be as hard as it was in previous Torlan verions.

Other changes: Scorpian added to the base, Hellbender removed from base. HellBender and Scorpian added to the second node, Goliath removed from the second node. Goliath added to the first node, Scorpian removed from the first node. Redeemer and Toilet Car (thank Kronx for that) located on top of the base tower. Ion Painter added to the top of the large tower in the middle of the map. Rockets added to lockers and Grenades removed from the base. Spider mines moved from the first node to the second node. AVRiL relocated to a point between the first and second nodes with no extra ammo (you will have to throw your AVRiL to get more ammo, this should cut down on AVRiL whoring to some degree). Double Damaged moved to the middle level of the large tower. Adrenaline and vials added. Skybox changed to make it a night time version (Kronx chose the skybox). A bit of terrain editing to make both sides of the map more balanced. There are probably more things I am forgetting, but oh well.

Thanks to Sal who helped me figure out issues with people dying when walking over certain areas of the map. Had he not helped me figure this issue out, this map would not have gotten completed. Also thanks to Sal for helping me with some of the terrain editing. Thanks to Kronx and Badasp for running around in the map with me and collaborating with me and what changes should be made.

Screenshots:

CTC-Salchicha
Cock-docker

Re: VCTF-[Id]-TorlanSpace

Post by CTC-Salchicha »

No problem on the help man. Always glad to get new content out.

Looks good-

All hail the Beef!

x-GAMBIT-x
Cock-docker

Post by x-GAMBIT-x »

this map is on the server's now.
D/L Maps for CTC Server+More-> http://ctc-map-downloads.synthasite.com
Gambit Just Dealt You The Card of Death!!!!!

bradly-james

Post by bradly-james »

Nice changes ID... I also really liked Torlan in ONS but the VCTF version was never playable.. Unless you played against Shrek.. Then it was easy.. (just kidding shreky!)

Great job!