VCTF-(BA)-CDDSpace-b1

Maps made by peeps other than CTC members.

Moderators: Admins, Map moderators

badasp
Holy sh*t!

VCTF-(BA)-CDDSpace-b1

Post by badasp »

Download link:

http://www.filefront.com/14419065/VCTF- ... ace-b1.zip

Special thanks to Bean, Prism, and Sal with constructing the map; without their help it simply would have not been possible. They probably did just as much work on the map than I did, which makes this map more of a community effort than my own. Thanks also to those who helped test the map out on the CTC private server. This testing enabled me to see what worked and what didn’t and such was quite helpful. Thanks especially to Jeremy's2hnt, whose UT2k4 port of CTF-CDDSpace from Quake 3 Revolution served as the basis and inspiration for this map.

Here is some information about the map:

Vehicles: Hellbender, Manta, & Raptor.

Style of game play: Mixed. Manta runs, foot runs, and even hellbender runs are all possible. Players may also choose to sit back and DM; those with good hitscan skills will love shooting people into space and such will serve as good defense and map control. These hitscan skills, however, will certainly be put to the test since all the jump pads make flag running a very quick affair. Using certain jump pads together can get you from the enemy flag and back to your base within a few seconds, so those playing defense will only have a few shots to thwart a flag run. There are dozens of combinations and different routes with the jump pads, so make sure to take a look at them and discover these paths as this will greatly facilitate all aspects of game play.

Theme: Space battle. There seems to be a dearth of VCTF maps that fit in this category; most have space in their name but are little more than a standard map with a space skybox. With this map you are actually fighting in space rather than just looking at it above you, so this is something that is unique and hopefully enjoyable to play.

All in all, I hope the map is enjoyable for everyone though I understand there will be those who don’t like it. If you have any suggestions for improving the map then please let me know. I will do my best to make things right. This is my first attempt at mapmaking and it certainly was a very valuable and enjoyable experience; hopefully everyone will have the same positive experience while playing the map.

Thanks,

badasp

ru_exp
Cock-docker

Re: VCTF-(BA)-CDDSpace-b1

Post by ru_exp »

Played this last night...unique, well balanced, and balls of fun.

I thought before I found out you made it and I am very proud of you for giving it a hell of a try. I like it badasp.

x-GAMBIT-x
Cock-docker

Post by x-GAMBIT-x »

It's on the Public server Now.

Yeah great looking map looking forward to playing it rather than testing it
and maybe getting into a game of Goop Volleyball again with ID.... :mrgreen:

And Now maybe after this you can create it over also to a DM map would be alot of fun... :D
D/L Maps for CTC Server+More-> http://ctc-map-downloads.synthasite.com
Gambit Just Dealt You The Card of Death!!!!!

Mr Bean
Cock-docker

Post by Mr Bean »

Awesome job badasp. I never really touched the map... just did some talking over vent. This is exciting to witness badasp taking on a new craft. I think that developing a great map layout requires the insight of a well rounded veteran. Someone that understands all aspects of the game, who can create something that is balanced and fun for everyone. I'm looking forward to some gg's on this new playground... and hopefully more to come.

-Id- iot
Dominating

Post by -Id- iot »

Looks like it was made for puppies . . .

Gambit, it is called Bio Basketball. Get it right.

Anyway, this map is very unique and a lot of fun. Played very well in the PUG tonight. The jump pad, flag running routes are incredibly varied and make the map great for flag runners of all skill levels. There is also a means of frequently getting full adrenaline quickly, which allows for adrenaline flag runs to occur often. There are a lot of last second save opportunities, so defenses have to be sharp and offenses have to work together. Considering there are so many last second saves, this gives defensive minded players a chance to capture a few flags when a teammate drops it right before they capture it.

CTC-Salchicha
Cock-docker

Post by CTC-Salchicha »

I like the map as well. It was cool to collaborate on the map and hopefully enough was learned so that the creative fire in Badasp can be kept stoked. I'm always willing to help, as I'm sure Prism and Bean are, get new and different content out for the game we all dig so much.

Great job Badasp in seeing the potential in this hidden gem.

Wow...yup.

All hail the Beef!

-Id- iot
Dominating

Post by -Id- iot »

Not that it really matters, but if you ever want to take screenshots of your maps without your HUD on the screen, type togglescreenshotmode in your console.

Mr Bean
Cock-docker

Post by Mr Bean »

-Id- wrote:Not that it really matters, but if you ever want to take screenshots of your maps without your HUD on the screen, type togglescreenshotmode in your console.
I can't remember where I found it, but I used to have a keybind that would toggle off the weapon and hud, take a screenshot, then toggle the stuff back on. It was really useful. Still trying to track it back down...

-Id- iot
Dominating

Post by -Id- iot »

You are an official member of Meh now, Bean, with that avatar and all.

That signature is HORRIBLE though.

killer
Shock jockey

Post by killer »

Looks sweeeeet badasp! great job!!! I haven't had time to check it out, but I will definitely play it next week :D