VCTF-(BA)-Amped-b9

Maps made by peeps other than CTC members.

Moderators: Admins, Map moderators

badasp
Holy sh*t!

VCTF-(BA)-Amped-b9

Post by badasp »

Download link:

http://www.filefront.com/14520199/VCTF- ... ped-b9.zip

Thanks to Prism for his help with the map; without it the map surely wouldn't be here. This map was originally an iCTF map made Khera~Kos~ and I thought it had a nice layout, one suitable for VCTF. The issue with the map, however, was that all the structures were static meshes and they did not block vehicles. In other words, vehicles would drive right through them. After asking around and doing some research I could not solve the issue so I put the map to the side and moved on. Prism then did the laborious task of literally tracing the entire map with three dimensional blocking volumes and this solved the issue, with the exception of the curved stairs. This was still an issue and his work rekindled my interest in the map, so much so that I spent a couple hours researching and finally found a solution to the problem. It turns out that only a couple parameters have to be turned from false to true and vehicles collide with the structures. Pretty simple to do and only takes a couple minutes. I guess that's how the editor works sometimes; sometimes it takes a few hours of research to discover how to do something that takes a couple minutes at most. Frustrating indeed, though worth it since we have another fun map to play on. :D Thanks also to Bean with his help in solving some remaining issues.

As far as the map goes, here’s some information on it:

Vehicles: Manta, Hellbender, Scorpion.

Style of game play: Mixed. Manta runs are definitely a viable option, so long as your teammates work together in taking down the enemy defense. Foot runs are equally viable; the map has a plethora of adrenaline, health, and shield pickups so players can be stacked for flag runs. Players who like to sit back and DM are equally at home in this map; they can try to control the all the pickups in the middle (DD, super shields, vials, adren, etc.) or the side corridors in order to block manta runs.

Theme: Fast-paced arena style VCTF. Some of my favorite maps are the small and hectic ones like Bloodbath, Veniis, DPunch, and Doughnut. Amped certainly fits into this category, perhaps a bit to a lesser extent since there are more structures blocking one’s view from base to base. Nonetheless the action will be fast paced and intense, which, in my opinion, is how it always should be.

All in all, I hope the map is enjoyable for everyone though I understand there will be those who don’t like it. If you have any suggestions for improving the map then please let me know. I will do my best to make things right. Converting this map to VCTF was a very valuable and enjoyable experience; hopefully everyone will have the same positive experience while playing the map.

P.S., we played the map in the PUG yesterday and it played very well. Here’s a screenshot:

-Id- iot
Dominating

Re: VCTF-(BA)-Amped-b9

Post by -Id- iot »

Map plays very well. Badasp and I were discussing removing the Manta and decided to keep it in and see how it played before he removed it. I think it fit nicely in the map. Without the Manta, the map more likely would have been a 3-2 or a 2-1, but with the Manta, it was a 5-4 with some really intense Manta runs. The Manta run is quick but not easy, especially when you have smart defenders like X-Cannon who watch the hallway. A lot of fun this map was.

Even without the Manta I think the map would be fun. As Asp mentioned, a lot of stacking and a lot of adrenaline allow for frequent foot runs, and I believe both teams pulled off at least one.

CTC-PapaSmurf
Holy sh*t!

Post by CTC-PapaSmurf »

Looks cool... uploaded to the public. Then Badasp left.. Guess Id is rubbing off on him.. :D
You just got knocked the smurf out!

CTC-Salchicha
Cock-docker

Post by CTC-Salchicha »

Nice looking map. Glad you found a fix for it.

More maps=more fun.

Great job guys.

All hail the Beef!

Ghosted
Cock-docker

Post by Ghosted »

CTC-PapaSmurf wrote:Guess Id is rubbing off on him.. :D
Ew...
Friend + Friend + Friend - Titanfall = -1

Mr Bean
Cock-docker

Post by Mr Bean »

Great job badasp :mrgreen: I love the layout on this. I'm glad you were able to get that issue taken care of. It's the hurdles we overcome that make us wiser. Thanks for your time and creativity bro. Can't wait to play it on the pub.

tape`
Dominating

Post by tape` »

played it tonight, what a great map...
only time will tell

ru_exp
Cock-docker

Post by ru_exp »

INDEED!!!

badasp
Holy sh*t!

Post by badasp »

CTC-PapaSmurf wrote:Looks cool... uploaded to the public. Then Badasp left.. Guess Id is rubbing off on him.. :D
Thanks for uploading it and sorry for leaving early. I stepped out a bit and when I attempted to rejoin the server was full. I have had a couple chances to play it on the PUB and I believe it plays well; the matches tend to be even and the action is nonstop. Thanks to everyone for the kind words and gl hf when playing the map! :D

Ghosted
Cock-docker

Post by Ghosted »

badasp wrote:I stepped out a bit and when I attempted to rejoin the server was full.
IMO someone who's logged 2000+ hours on CTC servers deserves an expando slot ;) I'd be happy to offer mine if that's OK with Jim.
Friend + Friend + Friend - Titanfall = -1