VCTF-[Id]-Velvet

Maps made by peeps other than CTC members.

Moderators: Admins, Map moderators

-Id- iot
Dominating

Re: VCTF-[Id]-Velvet

Post by -Id- iot »

No, he was not being facetious. We were joking about this stuff the other day.

True racism is never a laughing matter, I agree, but jokes about racial stereotypes can be funny when it is understood they are meant as jokes. Ru knows I joke and he knows the difference; we have discussed as much. No one here can say they would never laugh at a stand-up comedians racial jokes regardless of what race he/she may be.

Anyway, enough of that. I still need to work on the lighting in the map. I have so many lights that it drives down FPS significantly. If I can figure out why the zoning is not working as it needs to, then I can add zone lighting, and that should raise FPS quite a bit.

-Id- iot
Dominating

Post by -Id- iot »

I have spent a ton of time trying to figure out why the zoning is not working correctly. I think it needs a different pair of eyes to figure it out. Any chance one of you other map makers could take a look at the map and figure out why the zoning is not working correctly? The red flag zone and the middle cylinder zone seem to be merging into one zone, even though the red flag zone portals are setup exactly like the zone portals that separate the blue flag zone from the middle cylinder zone that work correctly.

If I can get it all zoned correctly, then I can raise the FPS significantly by using zone lighting.

-Id- iot
Dominating

Post by -Id- iot »

I noticed that in the editor, when you hover above the red flag in the cylinder, you can see a hole appear in the wall to the side of the flag. While I jump in and play it, I do not see that hole, but I see a different one located inside the base to on the wall to the right side of the flag when you hover at a certain height in the Raptor. Maybe this information could help.

lil Sin
Holy sh*t!

Post by lil Sin »

all you mappers work over time and your hard work will not be forgotten :D

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

I'd look at it and see what's up but it crashes my editor. I tried it on three different machines and they all crash. And, that mmTrialPack is not the reason the server doesn't like it. There's something else wrong with it.
"The abyss gazes also into you"

-Id- iot
Dominating

Post by -Id- iot »

The map just loaded and is playing fine on the CTC server. I am not sure why it is that you cannot open it, but others seem to be able to.

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

-Id- wrote:The map just loaded and is playing fine on the CTC server.
Good deal. My work here is done. :lol:

-Id- iot
Dominating

Post by -Id- iot »

Except I still need help with zoning. I suppose you cannot help if it will not open in your editor, but maybe Bean or Sal could take a look and figure out what the problem is.

-Id- iot
Dominating

Post by -Id- iot »

-Id- wrote:Images deleted due to that CTC does not tolerate racial slurs, jokes, etc;. Please keep in mind that the forum is public.
Fucking ridiculous. Those images were hardly racist. Too bad I am not Void or Vapor, I would get to post all the racist shit I wanted to then.

Ghosted
Cock-docker

Post by Ghosted »

-Id- wrote:
-Id- wrote:Images deleted due to that CTC does not tolerate racial slurs, jokes, etc;. Please keep in mind that the forum is public.
Fucking ridiculous. Those images were hardly racist. Too bad I am not Void or Vapor, I would get to post all the racist shit I wanted to then.
I suggest you stop being a racist.
Friend + Friend + Friend - Titanfall = -1

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

-Id- wrote:Too bad I am not Void or Vapor, I would get to post all the racist shit I wanted to then.
That's a pretty weak argument given that Void was asked to leave for the same type of offenses.
Does someone need a time-out?

Mr Bean
Cock-docker

Post by Mr Bean »

CTC-JimRimya wrote:
-Id- wrote:Too bad I am not Void or Vapor, I would get to post all the racist shit I wanted to then.
That's a pretty weak argument given that Void was asked to leave for the same type of offenses.
Does someone need a time-out?

-Id- iot
Dominating

Post by -Id- iot »

No, according to you guys, Void literally asked to be banned. Apparently nothing Void did was worthy of a ban until he wanted it himself.

Nevermind that, it does not matter. It just upsets me that some people cannot understand a joke when they see one, and therefore try to turn something that is a mild joke into something that is racist.

Mr Bean
Cock-docker

Post by Mr Bean »

For the record, I deleted the images. Don't feel ill towards the Jim or Sal. Possibly some found humor in the posted images (everyone's entitled to laugh at what they want)... but potentially it could offend someone. That was the issue. This forum is public. It was not a personal attack against Id... however the kid in the corner was :wink:

vapor
Holy sh*t!

Post by vapor »

I have only been racist to bug shrek, papa, or killer. All very noble causes