VCTF-[Id]-Velvet

Maps made by peeps other than CTC members.

Moderators: Admins, Map moderators

-Id- iot
Dominating

VCTF-[Id]-Velvet

Post by -Id- iot »

I present Velvet. This will likely be my last map. I seem to be unable to get my maps on the CTC community servers, so I do not see the reason to spend the time and hard work it takes to provide this new content anymore.

Velvet is primarily a foot run map, but the vehicles include one Hellbender, two Scorpians and a Raptor. I am still open to changing the vehicle layout a bit; I am not sure if the Raptor will prove to be too much for flag carriers or if adding a Manta would ruin the map. I think it will work best as is (that is why it is the way it is).

The lighting and design is a bit unique, but the overall gameplay is very common. The map is loosely circular in shape, so the hallways on the sides will prove to be heavy traffic areas that you must push through in order to reach the enemy base. The middle area provides a few methods of reaching the enemy base or escaping with a flag. You can walk along the spiral immediately to the left of the flags as a means of escape, or you could try jumping across the platforms in the middle, which is the quickest but most dangerous way to cap. There is also a full health, green health cross on the middle platform to provide incentive to go there.

They are ready, if someone is willing or able to get them on the CTC servers (and hopefully all the other updated versions of maps that I have provided).

Beta 1 is on the Meh server already, I will be adding this Beta 2 to the Meh server as well (minor changes), but it will not be on redirect immediately. Since the master server has been down for a week, here is the Meh server IP so you can join it with the Open IP function: 72.203.57.55:7777

http://unrealplayground.com/forums/down ... le&id=7632

Screenshots:

Last edited by -Id- iot on Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.

lil Sin
Holy sh*t!

Re: VCTF-[Id]-Velvet

Post by lil Sin »

lets play

-Id- iot
Dominating

Post by -Id- iot »

After flying around the map a bit in the Raptor, I will likely remove it because it is all but invisible in the middle, darkened area. Either that or I will add more lights floating in the air in the middle section. You should not be able to see the lights except when they reflect off of the Raptor.

ru_exp
Cock-docker

Post by ru_exp »

-Id- wrote:I present Velvet. This will likely be my last map. I seem to be unable to get my maps on the CTC community servers, so I do not see the reason to spend the time and hard work it takes to provide this new content anymore.
Whaaaaaaaaat? I always seem to be playing your maps on the CTC server. Did these morons diss you by not putting your maps at the top of the list? Forget them man, they are a bunch of asstards. Worthless punks, especially that Salchicha guy. And Jimrimya is a Nad Nibbler! Keep making your maps -Id-...we both know they are the shiznit.

Hey you should place that picture you were showing to linkon on Vent the other night on one of your maps. You know the one, photo featuring the Mac laptop a the naked "Black" Botocudo tribe. ROFL
Dude you make racism hilarious. F'em if they can't take a joke.

Wait a minute...did I just type all of that out loud?

Holy shi... :!:

lil Sin
Holy sh*t!

Post by lil Sin »

ru_exp wrote:
-Id- wrote:I present Velvet. This will likely be my last map. I seem to be unable to get my maps on the CTC community servers, so I do not see the reason to spend the time and hard work it takes to provide this new content anymore.
Whaaaaaaaaat? I always seem to be playing your maps on the CTC server. Did these morons diss you by not putting your maps at the top of the list? Forget them man, they are a bunch of asstards. Worthless punks, especially that Salchicha guy. And Jimrimya is a Nad Nibbler! Keep making your maps -Id-...we both know they are the shiznit.

Hey you should place that picture you were showing to linkon on Vent the other night on one of your maps. You know the one, photo featuring the Mac laptop a the naked "Black" Botocudo tribe. ROFL

Wait a minute...did I just type all of that out loud?

Holy shi... :!:

Ian you sexy mofo you :D

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

-Id- wrote:This will likely be my last map. I seem to be unable to get my maps on the CTC community servers, so I do not see the reason to spend the time and hard work it takes to provide this new content anymore.
Ah, quit yer cryin'! :lol:

The server doesn't like this map. Here is the error log, which doesn't tell much, unfortunately:

Code: Select all

Warning: Failed to load 'VCTF-[Id]-Velvet-Beta2': Can't find file for package 'VCTF-[Id]-Velvet-Beta2'
Warning: Failed to load 'LevelSummary VCTF-[Id]-Velvet-Beta2.LevelSummary': Can't find file for package 'VCTF-[Id]-Velvet-Beta2'
Warning: Error loading VCTF-[Id]-Velvet-Beta2 !
I tired to open it in the editor and it crashed.
"The abyss gazes also into you"

-Id- iot
Dominating

Post by -Id- iot »

It works for me and is on the Meh server. The only changes I made from the original beta were lengthening the platforms in the middle, raising the height of teleport locations and moving some lights.

Maybe try a server restart?

Also, I noticed the map list has been updated finally, but one of the more popular maps is still not up there. Cake-vs-Pie. It should be easy to fix, just add it back to the vote list please.

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

I tried a little harder and found out that it is missing 'mm45TrialsPack'.
"The abyss gazes also into you"

-Id- iot
Dominating

Post by -Id- iot »

CTC-JimRimya wrote:I tried a little harder and found out that it is missing 'mm45TrialsPack'.
Your server should have that file, it comes with the map HitscanZone. I will go upload it real quick and give you a download link for it. It is a system folder file.

-Id- iot
Dominating

Post by -Id- iot »

Mr Bean
Cock-docker

Post by Mr Bean »

nice map

-Id- iot
Dominating

Post by -Id- iot »

ru exp wrote:Hey you should place that picture you were showing to linkon on Vent the other night on one of your maps. You know the one, photo featuring the Mac laptop a the naked "Black" Botocudo tribe. ROFL
Could not find that one, but maybe you will enjoy these:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Images deleted due to that CTC does not tolerate racial slurs, jokes, etc;. Please keep in mind that the forum is public.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=637

CTC thanks you for your understanding and future cooperation.
Last edited by Mr Bean on Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Degrading racial images

bradly-james

Post by bradly-james »

Looks good. I would hate to see you stop making maps.. Most of yours are pretty good. That CakeVS.Pie is stupid. Sorry.

Bradly-James

CTC-Salchicha
Cock-docker

Post by CTC-Salchicha »

Hmm.

I think ru was being facetious.

Racism is never a laughing matter, sorry.

All hail the Beef!

badasp
Holy sh*t!

Post by badasp »

Nice map. Too bad it's made by a racist.