VCTF-Block][

Maps made by peeps other than CTC members.

Moderators: Admins, Map moderators

Jeffrey
Rocket spammer

VCTF-Block][

Post by Jeffrey »

I made 3 maps which I thought might be interesting for you guys too. They are rather small and aren't build around RPG and the transloc.

follow the development here: http://bigbattleservers.com/forum/viewt ... 292#p33292

download: http://www.filefront.com/15657761/block-b2.rar (beta3 versions in our server, haven't uploaded those yet)

VCTF-Block1][LaserFight][ - black laser-isch map, looks cool and makes you feel you're a commando-somthing xD
you will only be granted with the ssr

VCTF-Block2][Darkness][ - you can't see very far so better pay attention to what jumps outta the dark >:'D
Very cool map and plays very exciting. Don't let the darkness fool you, you'll never get lost i promise. ;)

VCTF-Block3][JumpFortex][ - gives you guarentied fear of heights, always jumping up and down while still trying to cap and avoiding Ubershock
I believe this is the surprise of the month. I never expected this to be fun but it sure is a hell lot!
You will be granted with the ssr as well as normal guns. You can jump on the pole's to raise them as well as shooting them.
Benders can be used as platforms for "sniping" even though they bounce a little. If you land on one of these you probably die >:'D
You can also stand on the pole's and start shooting people from above (or mid-way)
Last edited by Jeffrey on Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:37 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Jeffrey
Rocket spammer

Re: VCTF-Blcok][

Post by Jeffrey »

The weapon lockers in the middle are set to bInvisible and have a huge radius which covers the entire map. Does anyone know why these 2 settings are changed back to normal online? Offline they work as it should

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

"The abyss gazes also into you"

CTC-Salchicha
Cock-docker

Post by CTC-Salchicha »

Hello Jeffrey. I applaud your efforts but find the maps a bit rudimentary for our server. Thanks for sharing them though and keep at it!

Classic Jim, well said.

All hail the Beef!

Jeffrey
Rocket spammer

Post by Jeffrey »

The idea behind it is that they should be as basic/simple as possible yet be very fun. And provide new-isch gameplay.
But I respect that you want to keep the maps on your server to a certain level. :)

ru_exp
Cock-docker

Post by ru_exp »

Jeffrey wrote:The idea behind it is that they should be as basic/simple as possible yet be very fun. And provide new-isch gameplay.
But I respect that you want to keep the maps on your server to a certain level. :)
Yes but big ups to you for trying something new...!!!!

Don't get discouraged Jeffrey!

Mr Bean
Cock-docker

Post by Mr Bean »

Good to hear from you again Jeffrey. I loved those tracks you posted on your myspace account :wink: . With so many maps and mods out there, its pretty dang hard to come up with a new ideas/concepts. You've made a few classics and I always enjoy seeing what you've been up to. I liked the first map best. There's no picture, but it has the greenish-black fog, and the tall pillars. The fact that it hinders the over powering hit scanners gets a big thumbs up from me :mrgreen: . I have no idea how you did the last one (bouncy map), but pretty cool to see something new done on the old engine. I haven't had a chance to open the maps in the editor yet. I'll see if I can get lucky and find a solution to the weapon lockers. I've got a lot going on right now, so it will be a few days.

Jeffrey
Rocket spammer

Post by Jeffrey »

There is still a funny concept using warpzones. But they are a tad buggy. I think you can confuse players with this a lot. :P
This one has to be funny-fied fist to be released though.
The idea in this one is that you end up in the same room by walking around the box except the other base is right over there. o_o

http://www.filefront.com/15634819/VCTF-wtf.ut2/

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

Mr Bean wrote:The fact that it hinders the over powering hit scanners gets a big thumbs up from me
Agreed! I liked that one for the same reason, but yeah, these maps just don't seem to cut it for me otherwise. But please, keep posting. I loved your previous maps, and they get played here quite often.
"The abyss gazes also into you"