{Vex}Maps

Maps made by peeps other than CTC members.

Moderators: Admins, Map moderators

Beltamaxx
Holy sh*t!

Re: VCTF-{Vex}Virtual

Post by Beltamaxx »

This one works.http://www.mediafire.com/?xrqnnifjftn

Also, fixed the original Link.

x-GAMBIT-x
Cock-docker

Post by x-GAMBIT-x »

Thanks Belta.
D/L Maps for CTC Server+More-> http://ctc-map-downloads.synthasite.com
Gambit Just Dealt You The Card of Death!!!!!

x-GAMBIT-x
Cock-docker

Post by x-GAMBIT-x »

I'm not too sure about this map it seem's like it would be kind of small and spammy bye the flag.
I think it would be ok for 8 peeps or so, but a full house would be crowded and a stalemate like.

But other than that it is perty cool, I just think it needs to be more open and bigger.

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

Yeah, I agree with Gambit. Is this on the server?

Just make the hallways wider and take the tank out!
"The abyss gazes also into you"

x-GAMBIT-x
Cock-docker

Post by x-GAMBIT-x »

No, It's not on the server that I know of.

Vex
Flak monkey

Post by Vex »

First: Thank you all for the replies. Belta thank you for the corrected link I had lost this map.

I was wondering if it was possible for me to rename the thread to {Vex}Maps. Or should I just make a new separate topic for each map?

Beltamaxx
Holy sh*t!

Re: {Vex}Maps

Post by Beltamaxx »

DONE.

Vex
Flak monkey

Post by Vex »

Wow thanks seriously I did not think I would get a reply this quick.

Vex
Flak monkey

Post by Vex »

Is there a spoiler tag so that images are hidden. This way people have to press the spoiler tag to see image and make the topic easier to view.

Edit: Sorry for double post.

Edit 2: New WIP screenshot.

Edit 3: Fixed Old DL links http instead hxxp :)

vapor
Holy sh*t!

Post by vapor »

just looked at this map, dont know if your still messing with it at all, but i actually kind of like it and think it could work.

Id change a couple things,

expand that top area, allow access to an area above the flag with a little oculus looking into the flag room that u can shoot through, jump down into, and maybe berserk back up through. think that would open it up some, only having two long corridors to flag would probably make it a little stalematish.

that thing where you have they little moving block, maybe instead of getting crushed, you have an opening so you can jump up to the expanded top area.

I would also replace the tank with a bender to open it up some, plus with the little oculus thing it might be better for defending.

I would also put a couple mantas in the middle low area, to discourage people from running it back through the mid and to support flag runners there, and just because its a Vctf map.....and every map could use five more mantas.

CTC-Salchicha
Cock-docker

Post by CTC-Salchicha »

Keep at it!

With practice you will shine.

All hail the Beef!

Mr Bean
Cock-docker

Post by Mr Bean »

CTC-Salchicha wrote:Keep at it!

With practice you will shine.
sooo... you're saying he should keep going that way?

Vex
Flak monkey

Post by Vex »

New map added check first post for description and download link.

Id like to know what you people think about this remake. :)

Mr Bean
Cock-docker

Post by Mr Bean »

Vex wrote:New map added check first post for description and download link.

Id like to know what you people think about this remake. :)
I love it! You've gotten a lot better. Nice usage of BSP and movers. Layout is better as well. I love the deemer spawn. Clever stuff man. I personally appreciate constructive criticism. I hope you do as well. These a few things that in my opinion need attention:

- Elevator Doors: They open separately instead of in unison. They are presently set as bump activated. Assigning a trigger to the movers would fix this. Check out my map VCTF-MB-House on the server for an example.

- Deemer & Spiders Base: The pick up is foating far from the base. Obviously this was your intension. The thing is, it just looks awkward. There's an option in the properties to hide the base while in game. You'll still see it in the editor.

- Fake wall: In my opinion they're gimmicky and in most cases do not contribute to a good game flow. You can fly a manta through there but can't go through on foot making manta runs a no can do.

- Zone Portals: While FPS is good, you always want to have the best. Due to the nature of the layout, you would really benefit from some zone portals.

- Nestled Flag area: It's probably late to mention this, but the game flows better with a flag a little more out in the open. This is VCTF, not CTF. Take a look at the most successful VCTF maps. The flag is more out in the open with at least four routes in and out. Less than this and things bottle neck inhibiting game flow. The flag is too easy to defend resulting in a stalemate. Again it's probably to late to mention, but keep it in mind for future projects.

Hard, Right Angle Turns: While not a problem on foot, it's usually too much of a challenge for vehicles. Try using a hallow cylinder and the cut tool to make some nice curved vehicle hallways.

I'd wait for some more input before jumping in with any major changes. Collective input is always better. After hearing everybody out, make you're own decisions as you the creator see fit. Nice work.

CTC-Salchicha
Cock-docker

Post by CTC-Salchicha »

Bean, yes keep going in that way, lol.

Vex, listen to what Bean says. We all started out like you and listened to the people for advice and direction. You don't need to accept or change anything if what you created is what you intended. But, while the map may please you it may not be a good community map. We've all learned this the hard way, yet, I still stand behind my maps that don't get played much because I made what I wanted to make.

Bean is giving you some great advice. Take what he says to heart. If you are going to be donating your time to make maps, might as well make maps that get played. You are doing great so far, keep going in that way.

All hail the Beef!