A knife you can shoot OR the official Black Ops thread

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: A knife you can shoot OR the official Black Ops thread

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

This link give a good overall idea of the weapons, attachments, killstreaks, game types, etc:

http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Call_o ... _Black_Ops

I'm bummed that the heartbeat sensor will not be available!
"The abyss gazes also into you"

Ghosted
Cock-docker

Post by Ghosted »

badasp wrote:Here are some confirmed gameplay changes:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/s ... ?t=1424850
1) Marathon no longer provides unlimited sprint and Commando is removed. We won't be seeing any M/L/C heroes in Black Ops.

4) Overpowered secondaries such as Shotguns and Machine Pistols are now primary weapons.

5) Killstreaks no longer accumulate kills and they won't be as powerful as they were in MW2. For example, it shouldn't be possible to camp your way to the Harrier, which will get you the Pave-Low, which will get you the Chopper Gunner and win the game for you. Since only handguns or launchers can be used as secondaries, I predict a lot more people shooting down air support.

8 ) Weapons seem to have more recoil in general compared to MW2 and they haven't added any weapons similar to the ACR laser gun so far.
I'm not sure if I would call all these changes "improvements" as the OP does; I know for sure I will miss the shotgun secondary and others will miss the unlimited sprint perk as well. There are some nice things there, though. The weakening of explosives (e.g., no danger close and no ammo regen via scavenger) is case in point. What do you all think?
Don't agree with 1/4/5(eh)/8

I like MW2 cause it can be played at a fast or slow pace depending on your mood. I think only one of my classes doesn't have marathon/comando... Incredibly lame they took that out. The inverse of that is that it's incredibly lame for them to have an asthma mechanic :evil:

Hope they don't spoil the forumula... Flame throwers should be fun though :) :)
Friend + Friend + Friend - Titanfall = -1

Deathstrike
Dominating

Post by Deathstrike »

On another note, the game plays like crap on the PC. (For now…) Many people with “state of the art” rigs were unable to get the singleplayer nevermind the multiplayer portion of the game to run without stuttering framerates- even when navigating the menus.

It's not fair and ethical to sell a product like that. It is even worse with software because once you open it, you are obligated to keep it. You don't buy a new car only to leave the lot and have it break down. The dealer then stating that "we'll finish designing the transmission later". NO WAY. You tow that piece of **** back and demand your money back. Unfortunately software companies have us by the balls and has five dildos in our *sses. (Smurf is fine with this though.)

But hey, it's how PC gaming is today. With the likes of GTAIV, Saints Row, etc, PC games are released to be fixed a year later. Heck, they didn't even fix Saints Row in the end and GTAIV came out a year later on the PC compared to the console counterparts, so it shouldn’t have been so badly optimized and unplayable at the start.

It's a catch 22 type of situation:
1) Hey PC gamers! Have this inferior product and pay the same price as console gamers- making the console version more appealing.
2) Oh wait, we won't release a demo for PC gamers so when they buy it and it doesn't run well, we will still have their monies. (Make sure we post some minimum specs that can open the game at 1fps so we can trick a larger PC population.)
3) PC gamers are then more likely to play the “trial” version first- seeing if it runs correctly. HUUR DUUURR. Look at the piracy. This is why we shouldn’t make PC games anymore and why it’s ok for us to put out ****ty running games on the PC.
One more job and then its rio for me. - Badasp (September 11, 2010)

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

Deathstrike wrote: On another note, the game plays like crap on the PC. (For now…) Many people with “state of the art” rigs were unable to get the singleplayer nevermind the multiplayer portion of the game to run without stuttering framerates- even when navigating the menus.
Fucken-a this sucks! I don't even have the game yet and I'm already bummed. Where is there talk of this? Post links, please.
"The abyss gazes also into you"

Ghosted
Cock-docker

Post by Ghosted »

lalalalalala im not listening lalalalalalala

vivr
Boom! Headshot!

Post by vivr »

Someone with first hand knowledge post up when you play it. I'd like to know before I dload it.

Deathstrike
Dominating

Post by Deathstrike »

CTC-JimRimya wrote:
Deathstrike wrote: On another note, the game plays like crap on the PC. (For now…) Many people with “state of the art” rigs were unable to get the singleplayer nevermind the multiplayer portion of the game to run without stuttering framerates- even when navigating the menus.
Fucken-a this sucks! I don't even have the game yet and I'm already bummed. Where is there talk of this? Post links, please.
I don't have the exact link Badasp sent me, but the overall atmosphere at these forums seem to point towards what I mentioned:
http://www.callofduty.com/board/ <--Lulz official website offline for maintenance
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/f ... .php?f=997
http://boards.ign.com/pc_general_board/ ... 267/p1/?15
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/960187-c ... -black-ops
http://www.blackopsforum.com/forumdispl ... 077906&f=3
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=411921

Basically the words: Black Ops + PC = L@G / OMG LET M3 HAZ MONI3Z BAK!!!

Ghosted
Cock-docker

Post by Ghosted »

Deathstrike wrote:http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/f ... .php?f=997

Basically the words: Black Ops + PC = L@G / OMG LET M3 HAZ MONI3Z BAK!!!
I think you're exaggerating a bit...

The 'Weird system resource usage = heavy lag' thread on the steam forums only has 184,000 views.

Everyone calm down. Everything is fine. This is the best game to ever be released. Don't let deathstrikes shitty dual core computer tell you otherwise.

vivr
Boom! Headshot!

Post by vivr »

My guess would be the master server has been overloaded. I doubt it's the actual game, wasn't it built on the same engine as MW2?

Ghosted
Cock-docker

Post by Ghosted »

vivr wrote:My guess would be the master server has been overloaded. I doubt it's the actual game, wasn't it built on the same engine as MW2?

Deathstrike
Dominating

Post by Deathstrike »

LOL Papa said it was fine!!!

CTC-PapaSmurf
Holy sh*t!

Post by CTC-PapaSmurf »

Yup, my rig isn't state of the art to say the least and it is playing great. I am really liking the game so far. I am excited to get a group together and play tonight! Wahoo!! SERVERS FTW!
You just got knocked the smurf out!

CTC-PapaSmurf
Holy sh*t!

Post by CTC-PapaSmurf »

Remember, black ops brings back the console so you have a lot of cool commands you can do.

Toggle the console by pressing ~

It has an autocomplete function so just type about what you are looking for. In my case, fps.

fps

It brings up the draw fps command.. Press enter on it to complete the command.

It then gives you the list of values you can give. The first value, 1 was perfect for me.

You then place a forward slash / before the command to actually pass the command. I don't remember the exact command but it is something like:

/cg_drawFps 1

This enables the Frames Per Second to be drawn onto the screen.

My current settings are 1900x1200, AAX2, High quality I am getting about 45-55 FPS. But my proc isn't pegging and it feels fairly good. Sometimes when the choppers come out it dips to 35, but this happened in MW2 for me too.

Good luck!

CTC-PapaSmurf
Holy sh*t!

Post by CTC-PapaSmurf »

CTC-PapaSmurf wrote:Remember, black ops brings back the console so you have a lot of cool commands you can do.

Toggle the console by pressing ~

It has an autocomplete function so just type about what you are looking for. In my case, fps.

fps

It brings up the draw fps command.. Press enter on it to complete the command.

It then gives you the list of values you can give. The first value, 1 was perfect for me.

You then place a forward slash / before the command to actually pass the command. I don't remember the exact command but it is something like:

/cg_drawFps 1

This enables the Frames Per Second to be drawn onto the screen.

My current settings are 1900x1200, AAX2, High quality I am getting about 45-55 FPS. But my proc isn't pegging and it feels fairly good. Sometimes when the choppers come out it dips to 35, but this happened in MW2 for me too.

Another helpful command.. "/drawlagometer 1" This gives you a Lag O Meter.. or lagometer.. I dunno. It shows spikes in system performance/network for lag.

Good luck!