Black Ops first impressions

WarDad71
Cock-docker

Black Ops first impressions

Post by WarDad71 »

So I saw about 7 or 8 of you guys in steam last night playing...excluding bugs that hopefully will be fixed - what is everyone's general first impressions. How is the movement, flow, overall fun etc. (again don't want to hear about bugs or issues because many games have that stuff at start - unless it's a deal breaker for you). Fun or new game modes etc.

Really looking for input here as I am on the fence with picking up 3 copies and don't want it collecting dust by the end of the year.

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Black Ops first impressions

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

It's fun. I need to upgrade my machine (I think), but I'm going to wait for a week or so to see if they iron out the bugs. So, the bugs are all I really have to talk about :( The game types are pretty much the same and the overall flow is the same as MW2 for the most part.
"The abyss gazes also into you"

Ghosted
Cock-docker

Post by Ghosted »

I'm loving it. It's basically MW2 improved imo.

Pros:
It's fast. Not only did they not slow it down, it feels slightly sped up.
Guns feel great. SMGs are uber. Famas is now full auto and is great for close range hip firing(!)
Dedicated servers.
Not a tube fest. Would be if everyone played like smurf... (shakes fist)

Cons:
- Temporary (I'm thinking due to load, which should be resolved in a few days)
+ Lag spikes
+ Not all servers listed
Cannot group with buddies and go on a raping spree.
Gameservers is a shitty host. Better than some guys computer on the east coast though...
Friend + Friend + Friend - Titanfall = -1

vivr
Boom! Headshot!

Post by vivr »

CTC-JimRimya wrote:It's fun. I need to upgrade my machine (I think)
I may be in the same boat, it was a little laggy in single player for me which was surprising. Multi-player was really bad but I'm going hope that has something to do with the servers and all. I'm going to update my drivers (1.5 year old) and tweak out the display tonight so hopefully that will help. I usually play at low settings anyway, even in UT.

Ghosted
Cock-docker

Post by Ghosted »

Runs great for me. Have everything turned up at 1900x1200 (2xAA, 8xAF). Most of the people on vent last night seemed to be running it smoothly.

Running a Q9450 Quad core (@2.8ghz)
GTX 275 648MB
8GB DDR2 1066
Friend + Friend + Friend - Titanfall = -1

Mr Bean
Cock-docker

Post by Mr Bean »

I believe the choppiness is the network because campaign plays fine for me. An Intel Quad-core or AMD X4 helps a lot (surprisingly). I've never come across a game that uses even half of the processor resources (AMD Phenom II X4 945) until now. I was beginning to think my CPU was an over-kill. Why they can't make a network like UT2004 is just lame. Isn't this like 7 years later and they still can't get their shit straight? UT networking works near perfect IMO. Activision needs to take some classes from Sweeney. They'll probably fix these issues and it will probably be my new favorite game... but last night just left a bad taste in my mouth.