Big patch coming tomorrow (Saturday)

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Big patch coming tomorrow (Saturday)

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

So say the gods. Post here if you notice a difference in the game. Who knows, it might not even happen.
"The abyss gazes also into you"

CTC-PapaSmurf
Holy sh*t!

Re: Big patch coming tomorrow (Saturday)

Post by CTC-PapaSmurf »

CTC-JimRimya wrote:So say the gods. Post here if you notice a difference in the game. Who knows, it might not even happen.
OH PLEASE OH PLEASE OH PLEASE.. lol

My issues were resolved by placing my computer in the DMZ.. for some reason my windows firewall took affect last night.. I thought I had all that junk turned off. I finally got all the port forwarding info... I'm hoping to see just a little more jitterness go away in the client to server performance.. I think MW2 was slightly smoother, but this game sure has potential. It will be great. Also, as Badasp pointed out, the server list needs a STOP button so you can join a server without waiting for hours...

Oh yah.. and changing classes in between matches would be cool.. but oh well.. :D
You just got knocked the smurf out!

badasp
Holy sh*t!

Post by badasp »

The consoles have had numerous patches already:

http://www.callofduty.com/board/viewtop ... qp5krs58e6

Bring them to the PC! The reduction of knife range fix is one I'd like to see; the way it is now feels as if everyone is equipped with the jerk perk (e.g., commando) from MW2. As far as performance goes, the game runs more or less smooth for me, with the exception of a couple maps. One in particular is Havana, especially while standing on one end and looking down the long street. While doing so the FPS drops to around 45-50ish. Sal and Bean have confirmed similar performance drops. I'm not sure if the patch will do anything; any map in any game with no occlusion like on that street will suffer FPS drops. Maybe we'll just have to wait for the BA conversion when mod tools are released. :mrgreen:

As far as the patch today or tomorrow goes, supposedly it will improve performance but who knows. If it does, it probably will be aimed at people with dual core processors. It is in QA atm and is awaiting approval, so it should be soon:

http://twitter.com/pcdev

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

badasp wrote:It is in QA atm and is awaiting approval, so it should be soon:

http://twitter.com/pcdev
Is that their 'official' twitter feed?

Ghosted
Cock-docker

Post by Ghosted »

It still feels jumpy to me sometimes. There's a lot of quick draw firefights where it shows me hitting the guy, but then he seems to nail me with less bullets. Watching his killcam it looks like I wasn't even aiming at him.

I wish these guys would use some open source framework for their netcode. Feels like online FPS have been devolving on hit detection for years now.
Friend + Friend + Friend - Titanfall = -1

vivr
Boom! Headshot!

Post by vivr »

It's out, they're restarting servers now.

badasp
Holy sh*t!

Post by badasp »

The new patch is out. When you launch the game it should patch. If not, just restart steam.

It was small in size (9.4 MB) but gave me a noticeable FPS boost. On the map I was discussing before, Havana, the FPS now dips to around the low 60s when looking down the long street. Before it would dip to around the high 40s. That is probably the most taxing area in any map in the game, so the patch does help (at least for me). Other users on the steam forums still say they have many issues with the game, probably cause they're on dual cores.

Did the new patch help any of you?

vivr
Boom! Headshot!

Post by vivr »

FPS better, stuttering much worse.

I stay around 40-50 FPS most of the time, shooting up to 80-90 when no action is going on. Stuttering is insane for me now though.

badasp
Holy sh*t!

Post by badasp »

vivr wrote:FPS better, stuttering much worse.

I stay around 40-50 FPS most of the time, shooting up to 80-90 when no action is going on. Stuttering is insane for me now though.
I know it's a kind of whack solution, but try disabling your sound. Supposedly it has removed the stuttering for many people:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/s ... ?t=1598572

I personally wouldn't play the game without sound though, but at least you may be able to get some value out of it this way.

vivr
Boom! Headshot!

Post by vivr »

Haha, already tried that and also restarting with a new config file by deleting mine.

You know, if it were just me having the issue I would chalk it up to my system being under par. I just keep reading that others with Quad core I7's are having the same issue. I'm fine playing with 50 fps, it's the stuttering and warping that's the issue. I'll try again after the next patch.

rimmer59
Cock-docker

Post by rimmer59 »

LV 34...Started yesterday morning...

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

Now after the patch my game is freezing up. Never happened before last night. I have to go to task manager and kill the process. Windows stays stable and I can jump back in and play for another hour+ before it happens again.

ru_exp
Cock-docker

Post by ru_exp »

CTC-JimRimya wrote:Now after the patch my game is freezing up.

Ditto...and the sounds is horrible now. Damn.

They could have left well enough alone.

CTC-PapaSmurf
Holy sh*t!

Post by CTC-PapaSmurf »

ru_exp wrote:
CTC-JimRimya wrote:Now after the patch my game is freezing up.

Ditto...and the sounds is horrible now. Damn.

They could have left well enough alone.

New patch time!!! lol.. I am sure they will continue fixing stuff. It is kinda a pity though. You would think they would have had a closed beta program to identify any major proc/gpu issues. The issues seem to be with rather popular equipment.

At least at the rate they are patching you know they are serious about getting things right. I am at least happy to see that. When I am actually in a game, it plays really well.. I really like it.
You just got knocked the smurf out!

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

CTC-PapaSmurf wrote:I am sure they will continue fixing stuff. It is kinda a pity though. You would think they would have had a closed beta program to identify any major proc/gpu issues. The issues seem to be with rather popular equipment.

At least at the rate they are patching you know they are serious about getting things right. I am at least happy to see that. When I am actually in a game, it plays really well.. I really like it.
I agree. I am really enjoying the game, besides the few little annoyances. And I think they're staying on top of it and will have all the issues sorted out within a month for sure. It's worth the wait.