Cock-docker

Black Ops Pro Perk List

Post by Mr Bean »

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Black Ops Pro Perk List

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

Good post. I like the explanation of the 'pro' versions. Gives me something to aspire to!
"The abyss gazes also into you"

McShagger
Holy sh*t!

Post by McShagger »

Okay, Ive been playing for quite a while (almost all tdm). Im lvl 40 and still dont have any pro perks... While I pretty much stick to one class, I do mix it up quite a bit and have used all perks at one time or another. I didnt know this, but getting pro isnt so simple as to just play.

Anway, check this out for how to get pro perks.

http://www.iplaycod.com/forums/93-black ... ck-ops.cod

McShagger
Holy sh*t!

Post by McShagger »

BTW, how the hell are supposed to get ghost pro? I have never seen a sentry gun in black ops yet.

McShagger
Holy sh*t!

Post by McShagger »

oh and one other thing... do you have to obtain these stats while using the perk? I think so, cuz I think I should have a couple of these perks go pro already... Is there a way to check your stats for how close you are to pro? Im not liking this element of difficulty at all. :evil:

vivr
Boom! Headshot!

Post by vivr »

I see sentry guns in ctf guarding the flag quite a bit.

McShagger
Holy sh*t!

Post by McShagger »

I guess I should try ctf more... only tired it once. I need to play it to get my marathon pro too.

Ghosted
Cock-docker

Post by Ghosted »

The designers did a lot to push people out of their comfort zones to get the perks. I got sprint and steady aim as a matter of course. Everyone has to work for marathon. I like the added dimension and have to say I'm really happen with the tac they took in designing the new perk system and game modes.

So yeah, if you only play one gametype you will level at most a small subset of the pro perks. Pro tip, nuketown ctf is the way to level marathon. Took me 3 hours, but I also got insane experience and cod points for it as well. Knave's the one who gave me that tip btw, as he's the resident nuke town pro :mrgreen:
Friend + Friend + Friend - Titanfall = -1

McShagger
Holy sh*t!

Post by McShagger »

Great, I cant stand nuke town. I always drop out of it. Only time I play it is with small group of players. And here is the other thing. though thanksgiving weekend gave me about 8 hours or so of game play, I normally only get about 2-3 hours per week. I hate level up gayness games.

vivr
Boom! Headshot!

Post by vivr »

ffa hardcore nuketown w/m60 = pro

Knave_Skye
Cock-docker

Post by Knave_Skye »

I definately dont like nuketown unless its a wager match, it works ok for 6 players in a controlled game type. Anything else turns into exsplosives spam, which works to your benifit if you need first bloods and the relatively small size makes for more oportunities at flag caps.
"Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live."
-- Norman Cousins
<{CTC}> Knave_Skye

Mr Bean
Cock-docker

Post by Mr Bean »

i don't like sneaky stepping stab people

Mr Bean
Cock-docker

Post by Mr Bean »

Working on the pro perk did indeed bring me out of my comfort zone, but I feel like I got better at different playing styles in doing so.

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

McShagger wrote:BTW, how the hell are supposed to get ghost pro? I have never seen a sentry gun in black ops yet.
Ghost pro was hard to get, as I don't see too many sentry guns either. But all you need is to disable one (I think).

In the PC version, when you're looking at one of your profiles in the perks section, right-click on that perk to see your progress on getting the pro version. I can't tell you how it's done in the console version, but I'm sure it's at that same screen.

I agree with ghost: they did a good job at the perk system: Before I prestieged (new verb there), I had pro in most of the perks that I use (sleight of hand, ghost, scavenger, marathon, lightweight, hardened, and ninja) so it's doable (If I can get it, anyone can!). But I also play most all game types... the only one I don't like is TDM as I prefer games that require a bit of teamwork.

And yeah, you've got to be using a profile that has the perk in order to get the achievements that lead towards the pro version. I did a couple of the 'stab two opponents within 5 seconds' one, but I was using the wrong profile. I was bummed, as I'm usually terrible at the stabbing.
"The abyss gazes also into you"

McShagger
Holy sh*t!

Post by McShagger »

CTC-JimRimya wrote:And yeah, you've got to be using a profile that has the perk in order to get the achievements that lead towards the pro version. I did a couple of the 'stab two opponents within 5 seconds' one, but I was using the wrong profile. I was bummed, as I'm usually terrible at the stabbing.
Yeah, that one was a bitch too... steady aim pro... knifing 2 within 5 secs... I tried and tried for a few hours with some good opportunities... but the end result for me was death. Finally, when I quit trying, I saw a guy through a window, ran to enter from behind and I got shot at... I knifed the guy shooting me and the guy in the window turned to shoot at me... being as bloody as I was, my only chance was to knife and I knifed him through the window. lol, knifing through a window should be an achievement of some kind.