Favorite COD thus far...

WarDad71
Cock-docker

Favorite COD thus far...

Post by WarDad71 »

Those who have played most of the recent COD games WaW etc. - which title stands out as far as personal fun experience and/or multiplayer experience. Any input is really appreciated.

McShagger
Holy sh*t!

Re: Favorite COD thus far...

Post by McShagger »

I think the one that stands out is MW1. It was the most engaging for sure. While the killstreaks were limited, the fps fighting was the best. In addition, the overall balance with perks and stuff was very good. That said, I do think BO is the best one. It brought back more balance to the perks and killstreaks and weapons. MW2 was just kinda stupid like that with the perks and killstreaks and weapons to some extent. However, for snipers, BO is certainly not the best.

WarDad71
Cock-docker

Post by WarDad71 »

Took the plunge getting 2 copies of BO today. Thanks for the input Shag.

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

My faves in this order:
COD2, COD4 (MW1), MW2, WaW, BO.

Sal and I were the only ones who played Waw, but we had many great nights on various hardcore or bolts-only servers. Usually always CTF. I never got really good at COD4 (i'm not that good at any of them, really). MW2 was fun because it was easy to all get on the same team. Again, there were many fun nights where a group of us would go slam some unfortunate players in MW2 Domination, but the latency sucked. At least servers were brought back for BO, and in some cases you can switch teams at the top of a round.

I think you'll like black ops, WarDad. Maybe we'll be playing with you soon. I haven't been playing much because I've got a nasty cold at the moment and would rather sleep than frag late at night.
"The abyss gazes also into you"

Ghosted
Cock-docker

Post by Ghosted »

Started with MW2...

MW2 ended up being full of hacks and cheap strategies. It was a cool game that was completely trashed by huge flaws and neglect by the devs for anything but overpriced map packs.

Still for some reason I can't really get into BO as much as MW2. Probably 85+% of MW2 for me was getting on vent with 5 of my buddies joking, griefing, coordinating against other teams. BO came out and we lost that group cohesion, which ruined the game a bit for me. The netcode is also shit in that me playing at 60 ping vs. 100 ping is like my guns going from hardcore mode to 'fuck you I unloaded half a clip into your ass' mode.

The ability to switch teams has helped, but now it's all about finding a server that isn't completely full or isn't completely empty and rolling the dice as to whether it actually allows you to switch teams. There are more servers than players online for the PC version...

Anyhow, BO > MW2. Balance is better, has servers, cool new weapons/modes/etc. Both games are relatively unfinshed when put up against a title like UT2K4.

P.S. KZ3 > BO :mrgreen:
Friend + Friend + Friend - Titanfall = -1

Ghosted
Cock-docker

Post by Ghosted »

WarDad71 wrote:Took the plunge getting 2 copies of BO today. Thanks for the input Shag.
Sweet! Hope to see you one soon 8)
Friend + Friend + Friend - Titanfall = -1

McShagger
Holy sh*t!

Post by McShagger »

As far as the campaigns go... BO is the worst. Worst game play, worst story, worst characters and just worst feeling. It just felt like torture, but that may be because of the interrogation. I honestly dont know why I finished it. I think MW2 was the best for that, followed by WAW or MW1.

ru_exp
Cock-docker

Post by ru_exp »

I like Black Ops but I am just biased WD... :twisted:

WarDad71
Cock-docker

Post by WarDad71 »

ru_exp wrote:I like Black Ops but I am just biased WD... :twisted:

lmao - gotta watch this movie again was heerarious :D

Knave_Skye
Cock-docker

Post by Knave_Skye »

WarDad71 wrote:Took the plunge getting 2 copies of BO today. Thanks for the input Shag.
Good to hear, I woulda Said Black Ops for one major reason......There is still a number of us playing it semi regularly. I was never a fan of War based Shooters, Still not really but as ghosted said, its all about where the community is at, thats where the fun is to be had.
"Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live."
-- Norman Cousins
<{CTC}> Knave_Skye

Deathstrike
Dominating

Post by Deathstrike »

Best to Worst:
CoD2> CoD:United Offensive (I count that as a patch to 1) > CoD:BO = CoD:MW2 > CoD:WaW >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>CoD3
(Did not play MW1 since I always thought of it as a ripoff of America's Army+Activision pulled a dick move and made CoD3 console exclusive...but it's said to be this most popular #1)

CoD2 Rifle+Bolt servers of various gameplay modes were too awesome. CoD:WaW just didn't feel right with their Rifle+bolt servers - although I did enjoy Zombie mode.
One more job and then its rio for me. - Badasp (September 11, 2010)

Mr Bean
Cock-docker

Post by Mr Bean »

I've only played WaW, MW2, and BO... so can only comment on those ones. Both IW and Treyarch have (no exaggerations here) literal geniuses working for them.

Layouts:
The map layouts with all the diffent offense/defense angles all just balance each other out. It's just mind boggling how the do that stuff. No real advantages, all three installments kick ass.

Graphics:
In time order, they just get better with each release (duh).

Animation:
MW2 and BO did a great job in the character animation department (BO slightly better). Treyarch must have learned there lesson because their previous installment of WaW just blew as far as that goes. A shame, because other that that it was REALLY good. It might be the fact that I played MW2 first, and then later played WaW.

Perks, Weapons, & Kill Streaks:
For the most part all three are good, but I give the upper hand to Treyarch (IW's nuke was pretty gay). I was happy to see the return of the attack dogs.

All the COD's I've played have their strengths and weaknesses. Like everything, right? In general, they just get better and better. It's well known that COD now days is catered to the consoles. Totally understandable because it's just good business. As such, they spend less time and money on the PC version. The raw power of a modern PC with even a half ass dedicated GPU should flat out crush the consoles. Any glitchiness is just a product of sloppy, unrefined... no, UNFINISHED code. The latest patches have fixed most of that, but should still be non-existent in a high profile game such as these.

Despight their flaws they are soooooo frickin' fun though. UT2004 > BO > MW2 > Waw....