Any opinions on the new patch?

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Any opinions on the new patch?

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

Besides the maps, which so far look pretty damn nice, the biggest thing I noticed is that is now only takes 4 players to start a ranked match, instead of 6. That's pretty nice. There have also been some updates to the server browser, and you can exclude servers that have the DLC.

Any other opinions?
"The abyss gazes also into you"

WarDad71
Cock-docker

Re: Any opinions on the new patch?

Post by WarDad71 »

I have no opinion yet as I am still at work and patiently waiting for 9pm to get here so I can drive the speed limit home and check it out.

badasp
Holy sh*t!

Post by badasp »

The new maps are the best in the game hands down. I like how most of the maps has something unique: Berlin Wall has the no-mans land guarded with miniguns, Discovery has little bridges in the center that are destructible, and Kowloon has the ziplines. The layouts are great and there's loads of detail in all of them. It's easy to see here that Treyarch left the best maps for the map packs. Bastards.

As far as the patch goes, here are the notes:
# Improved stability for Zombies, Multiplayer, and Dedicated Servers.
# Fixed server hitching when client is kicked for inactivity.
# Added server browser Filter for DLC.
# Quickmatch will prioritize servers running only the maps you own.
# Addressed various MP and Zombies exploits.
# Addition of the “Dolly Cam” editing mode in Theater.
# Improved reliability of Recent Game films saving properly.
# Connectivity improvements for Zombies.
# Added ability to remove Counter Spy-Plane effects with the Jammer.
# Players that put an enemy into Second Chance are now credited with a kill when the downed player is killed or takes the 'coward's way out'.
# Players will no longer receive any “hitmarkers” for shooting friendly equipment.
# Addressed an issue with switching classes while using a Chopper Gunner / Gunship.
# Disable player movement sounds when Ninja perk is equipped.
# Players can no longer “spawn tube” with the China Lake at the beginning of a match.
# Additional fine-tuning of audio levels for bomb plants/defuses.
# Headshot “ping” is now only audible if enemy dies.
# Limit the ability to re-roll supply drops using Hardline Pro to Care Packages only, no other killstreak drops.
# Addressed an issue where the incorrect perks would appear when spectating another player under certain circumstances.
# RC-XD adjustments.
# Addressed an issue with calling in Chopper Gunner / Gunship immediately after being shot down from a previous one.
# Various improvements to Multiplayer and Zombies leaderboards.
I haven't played the game much to adequately test the changes out, though I can tell you that the Ninja perk completely silences your footsteps now. That certainly makes it more useful. After tonight I'm sure we'll all have detailed feedback.

Mr Bean
Cock-docker

Post by Mr Bean »

I had so much fun playing the maps I forgot about the patch. I got home late and played from about 1am - 4am. I agree with badasp... they saved the best maps for the map-pack.

WarDad71
Cock-docker

Post by WarDad71 »

Agreed, the money was definitely worth it for this DLC.

ru_exp
Cock-docker

Post by ru_exp »

Mr Bean wrote:I had so much fun playing the maps I forgot about the patch. I got home late and played from about 1am - 4am. I agree with badasp... they saved the best maps for the map-pack.

Those maps...at least the ones that I played were simply incredible.

Up until now I thought Nuketown was tops. :shock: