Favorite primary weapon?

Variasaber
Holy sh*t!

Favorite primary weapon?

Post by Variasaber »

Sup folks.
I was curious, what's everyone's favorite primary weapon in Black Ops, and what attachment(s) + camo for it?

I don't play Black Ops much (it belongs to my brother anyway), especially since our Live subscription ended, and for a really long time I could never find a gun I really liked. I tried the most popular guns on Live, the AK74u, the MPL, the FAMAS, the AUG, etc. I didn't like those much, except the AUG which was okay. I like the M60 somewhat, and the Olympia and MP5 somewhat, but none of them really struck me as great because I'm an assault rifle sort of person.

I finally settled on one; the AK47, with a Masterkey, and Ice camo.

What do you guys think/what are your favorites?
Sup folks
DD}VariaSaber

rimmer59
Cock-docker

Re: Favorite primary weapon?

Post by rimmer59 »

M16 M2O3, with Olive Green Cammo, or MP5k Reflex, Supressor, Olive Green Cammo.

Mr Bean
Cock-docker

Post by Mr Bean »

hmmm... I'll have to get back at ya while I think about it. However, if I'm not mistaken... I think I heard Jim say something about adoring the silenced shotgun.

WarDad71
Cock-docker

Post by WarDad71 »

Mr Bean wrote:hmmm... I'll have to get back at ya while I think about it. However, if I'm not mistaken... I think I heard Jim say something about adoring the silenced shotgun.
Yep on maps like nuketown shotty can be a real pain in the ass in the right hands. You guys should hook up with us sometime when we do BO - been playing some modded stuff been a nice diversion.

Knave_Skye
Cock-docker

Post by Knave_Skye »

For my stealth build, i like the Silenced Galil with whatever camo doesnt stand out on the map. If i Feel like making some noise, Probably the AK47 or Commando with Dual Mags. Add a Red dot to those if i happen to have 2 attatchments. AK47u for a CTF runner class with dual mags.
"Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live."
-- Norman Cousins
<{CTC}> Knave_Skye

Variasaber
Holy sh*t!

Post by Variasaber »

Oh my god, it seems like every other bot has a silenced SPAS-12 and man are they annoying.
Knave_Skye wrote:For my stealth build, i like the Silenced Galil with whatever camo doesnt stand out on the map. If i Feel like making some noise, Probably the AK47 or Commando with Dual Mags. Add a Red dot to those if i happen to have 2 attatchments. AK47u for a CTF runner class with dual mags.
I picked up a Galil from a kill once and gave it a try. It was a pretty good gun, I liked it. Dual Mag, eh? You're actually the only person I've encountered that uses that... is it good?
Sup folks
DD}VariaSaber

WarDad71
Cock-docker

Post by WarDad71 »

Been a while since played consistently, I do remember the following being what I alternated a lot with:

AK74u
Galil
Spas
Famas

When having a sucky day and needed something to lean on I would tend to use AK74u and Famas

Knave_Skye
Cock-docker

Post by Knave_Skye »

Variasaber wrote:Oh my god, it seems like every other bot has a silenced SPAS-12 and man are they annoying.
Knave_Skye wrote:For my stealth build, i like the Silenced Galil with whatever camo doesnt stand out on the map. If i Feel like making some noise, Probably the AK47 or Commando with Dual Mags. Add a Red dot to those if i happen to have 2 attatchments. AK47u for a CTF runner class with dual mags.
I picked up a Galil from a kill once and gave it a try. It was a pretty good gun, I liked it. Dual Mag, eh? You're actually the only person I've encountered that uses that... is it good?
I have a tendancy to reload very often....if i drop you with 3 bullets and still have another 20, im still gonna reload if Im not under direct fire, and it helps me not get caught by surprise mid-reload. If its real quiet, ill even fire a single shot and reload again to reset my dual mags. I dont remember fo sure, since i use it so much, but i think you start with more ammo using this.
Last edited by Knave_Skye on Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live."
-- Norman Cousins
<{CTC}> Knave_Skye

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

My list is similar to others here: famas is a good all around gun for me. I also have a loadout that is complete stealth: silenced galil, ghost pro, ninja, and a ground to air launcher. I switch to this loadout when the opposing team has air support.
"The abyss gazes also into you"

Variasaber
Holy sh*t!

Post by Variasaber »

Knave_Skye wrote:If its real quiet, ill even fire a single shot and reload again to reset my dual mags. I dont remember fo sure, since i use it so much, but i think you start with more ammo using this.
"reset"? Are you telling me that every other reload is faster using Dual Mags? I thought it was only the first one :shock: suddenly that attachment doesn't seem so fantastically useless to me now.

Also, I recently tried out the Stoner63. I love it, it's awesome. It may even replace the AK...
Sup folks
DD}VariaSaber

Mr Bean
Cock-docker

Post by Mr Bean »

Variasaber wrote:
Knave_Skye wrote:If its real quiet, ill even fire a single shot and reload again to reset my dual mags. I dont remember fo sure, since i use it so much, but i think you start with more ammo using this.
"reset"? Are you telling me that every other reload is faster using Dual Mags? I thought it was only the first one :shock: suddenly that attachment doesn't seem so fantastically useless to me now.

Also, I recently tried out the Stoner63. I love it, it's awesome. It may even replace the AK...
1st, 3rd, 5th... etc;.

Knave_Skye
Cock-docker

Post by Knave_Skye »

Mr Bean wrote:
Variasaber wrote:

1st, 3rd, 5th... etc;.
Yah, use a clip, flip it, then discard for a new dual mag...rinse and repeat
-- Norman Cousins
<{CTC}> Knave_Skye

McShagger
Holy sh*t!

Post by McShagger »

My top 3.

3. Commando - well rounded, very accurate. High rate of fire. Great Warlord gun.

2. AK74u love it with steady aim - great run and gun gun. Lots of damage with great mobility.

1. AUG... Fires so fast you are bound to get a headshot before the other guy can kill you. And I love the way it sounds! While I understand on paper, its pretty much the same as the Famas, to me it shoots faster with more damage. And of course, it sounds pretty bad-ass.

McShagger
Holy sh*t!

Post by McShagger »

I also want to add that I love the AUG because it introduced me to Scavenger Pro. You see, with the AUG, it shoots so fast, you run out of amo in like 3-5 kills. So, now I use scavenger with it and I cant believe that I ever went without it. It starts you off with double amo and of course you get to replenish both amo and both grenades. I cant believe I wasted my time picking up weapons before...

Variasaber
Holy sh*t!

Post by Variasaber »

Every time I try to pick up a weapon, in any COD, I am promptly killed since I was holding still in the open.

And, the AUG friggin rocks. I like the look, the sound, the way it handles... all around great gun.
Sup folks
DD}VariaSaber