Re: Modern Warfare 3

Post by WarDad71 »

I confess I was fading out while watching it. :|

Variasaber
Holy sh*t!

Post by Variasaber »

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/119/1192224p1.html
This article has the same trailer in it, plus some explanations of what's going on in those data readouts shown around each player in the trailer.

Instead of a big list of killstreaks and the choice of any three that you want, there are now Strike Packages, which basically give you a set of killstreaks to fit your preferred style of gameplay. Assault fits with the run+gun style of the past, but there's also supportive ones and stuff like that, including rewards that benefit the whole team, like ballistic vests for reduced damage and stuff.
Also, you can get streak rewards from playing objectives and assists and stuff instead of just from kills, which lets someone who's more interested in the actual objective of the gametype do just as well as someone trying to kill everyone. And it's frustrating to get like 4 assists in 1 life in MW2 and get nothing for it, all because someone else on your team fired the shot that killed the enemy player, even if you fired the 8 other shots that got him to that point. Also, I think one of the supportive Strike Packages has a deal where getting killed doesn't end your progress towards the rewards.
You can still rig up your character to play like the previous games if you want though.

Also, remember MW2's juggernauts? Apparently, one of the high streaks is a juggernaut suit for the player. It makes you slow-moving and super damage resistant.

And that landmine in the trailer looks a lot better than the claymores of the past.
I dunno what was going on with that last guy switching scopes or something, and he had some kinda turret that shot down RPGs... that'll be interesting.

I probably won't be buying this one though, because my PC almost definitely can't handle it, and money is tight right now for me (yay college).
Sup folks
DD}VariaSaber

Knave_Skye
Cock-docker

Post by Knave_Skye »

First off, we all know the sceen where the guy called in the stealth bomber in a DM game, he would not have made it 10 ft down that long ass corridor with 8 other people firing around it. Second, the only kill the bomber would have probably landed is killing himself. Third, and most important, is the whole time i was watching the video all i could think was "Wow!"

......................."This looks just like the last 2 games i spent over $100 on each." :?
"Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live."
-- Norman Cousins
<{CTC}> Knave_Skye

badasp
Holy sh*t!

Post by badasp »

If you look at his weapon loadout at 3 minutes, you can see he is carrying both an ACR assault rifle and a Dragunov sniper rifle. I would assume this means you can now carry two primary weapons, which would be a good thing. I missed carrying an assault rifle and shotgun from MW2. Blops only allowed you weaker secondaries, such as a pistol or launcher.

Nonetheless, as Knave pointed out, this game looks identical to the previous games. I think I'll buy BF3 first and if that doesn't pan out I'll give MW3 a second look.

badasp
Holy sh*t!

Post by badasp »

Actually it seems as if you can't carry a shotgun with an assault rifle:
It seems the key concern with multiplayer this time round is balance. Over-powered elements such as One Man Army, game-ending nukes, shotguns as secondary weapons and the Commando and Last Stand perks have all been removed. Killstreaks, too, have been replaced. "When we examined objective modes like Capture the Flag, Domination and Search and Destroy the best players were focusing on their team objectives instead of just racking up kills," said Infinity Ward's creative strategist, Robert Bowling. "But it became clear that Killstreaks were optimised for one game type and that was Team Deathmatch."
http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/ga ... er-details

These "issues" were mostly addressed in BLOPS, so they are doing nothing new here and are acting as if they're making improvements. I'm sure the removal of killstreaks won't go over well with many, as that's one of the few unique things the game has to offer.

WarDad71
Cock-docker

Post by WarDad71 »

badasp wrote: I think I'll buy BF3 first and if that doesn't pan out I'll give MW3 a second look.
Yep

badasp
Holy sh*t!

Post by badasp »

Variasaber
Holy sh*t!

Post by Variasaber »

badasp wrote:Actually it seems as if you can't carry a shotgun with an assault rifle:
It seems the key concern with multiplayer this time round is balance. Over-powered elements such as One Man Army, game-ending nukes, shotguns as secondary weapons and the Commando and Last Stand perks have all been removed. Killstreaks, too, have been replaced. "When we examined objective modes like Capture the Flag, Domination and Search and Destroy the best players were focusing on their team objectives instead of just racking up kills," said Infinity Ward's creative strategist, Robert Bowling. "But it became clear that Killstreaks were optimised for one game type and that was Team Deathmatch."
http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/ga ... er-details

These "issues" were mostly addressed in BLOPS, so they are doing nothing new here and are acting as if they're making improvements. I'm sure the removal of killstreaks won't go over well with many, as that's one of the few unique things the game has to offer.
Badasp, read the article I posted a link to. Killstreaks haven't been removed, they've been tweaked; they're actually better now, by the looks of it. What he's saying is they've changed the killstreak system so you can get streak rewards for kills still, but you can also get them from playing the objective and from assisting teammates.

One Man Army blows and so does Last Stand, we all know the Commando issue, etc.

Also there is a perk that allows you to carry two primary weapons, explaining assault/sniper guy from the trailer, and would allow you to carry an assault rifle and shotgun.
I hope they improve the pistols... the MW2 pistols weren't that great but the M1911 and CZ75 from BO were awesome.
Sup folks
DD}VariaSaber

ru_exp
Cock-docker

Post by ru_exp »

Okay...just to be clear: Everyone bought BF3 instead. And no one is buying this game because it offers nothing different than the first two.

Ghosted
Cock-docker

Post by Ghosted »

ru_exp wrote:Okay...just to be clear: Everyone bought BF3 instead. And no one is buying this game because it offers nothing different than the first two.
Everyone bought BF3.
Everyone will also buy MW3.
Friend + Friend + Friend - Titanfall = -1

Knave_Skye
Cock-docker

Post by Knave_Skye »

What Ghost said...I picked up BF3 on sale....now papa is offering me MW3...so it looks like im ending up with both :?
"Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live."
-- Norman Cousins
<{CTC}> Knave_Skye

WarDad71
Cock-docker

Post by WarDad71 »

Who stands to benefit from the EA/Dice war? We do :wink:...As they try to come up with ways to tickle our gameplaying fancies...a little healthy rivalry should be fine.

I will be getting this when able...for sure. Unless you guys report it to be a stinker.

Variasaber
Holy sh*t!

Post by Variasaber »

WarDad71 wrote:I will be getting this when able...for sure. Unless you guys report it to be a stinker.
What you guys report to be a stinker and what is a stinker IMO is totally different. Let's compare:
CTC, etc. wrote:Black Ops is lots of fun, the FAMAS is great
I had this week off from college so I headed home, and I've been playing Black Ops with my brother. He prestiged recently, but has made his way back up to level 25. I've played it before, but forgot what it was like, so it was like trying it for the first time again. Here's what I gathered:

1. I can't see anything. Enemies are invisible against the background, yet they can shoot you from across the map.
2. You can't sharpshoot at all, it's really just spray+pray, at least for me. I had the most success with MAC11 extended mag, just blazing away at anyone who got close, literally sweeping the gun back and forth to unleash a wide volley of shots.
3. You're going to get your ass kicked if you don't have one of the more powerful later level guns like the AK47 or the Commando.
4. The level-up and unlock process is incredibly frustrating, due in part to #3 (early on your guns are shit so you can't play well enough to gain exp and money at a reasonable rate) and the fact that EVERYTHING COSTS MONEY, including things you should have unlocked for free after completing the outrageous tasks to get them. Seriously? You have to buy each perk AND each pro perk?
5. The game just plain isn't fun. It's a big race to see who can level up the fastest, and thousands of people have already reached the highest level on the highest prestige so why even bother? I had a lot more fun playing Halo Reach with my brother, and that's another one I could rant about the unlock system.
6. FUCK the FAMAS.

CTC, etc. wrote:Runescape sucks so much we're gonna derail the thread about it repeatedly by talking about Black Ops and bananas. The graphics are terrible and it's not a first person shooter
I'm pretty sure that breaks one of the forum rules... anyway, all anyone ever has to complain about Runescape is the graphics, I mean come on, shut up about it already, you play Minecraft don't you? And derailing rimmer's thread isn't very mature...

CTC, etc. wrote:MW3 looks bad because it resembles the past two games, there's no drivable vehicles, and they reused one of the generic vehicle models from MW2 in the MW3 trailer
1. So one modern FPS with modern guns looks like another modern FPS with modern guns?! No way!
2. Drivable vehicles would be dreadfully hard to balance with the COD series in terms of fairness. Picture MW2, and picture someone using an AC130 for the whole match. Try to balance that.
3. So what if they reused one stupid truck that you can shoot and make it blow up? Guess what, they had explosive barrels too, those have been around for two decades now. And even so, just because you see it in the trailer doesn't mean it'll be in the final game.

</rant>
Sup folks
DD}VariaSaber