Modern Warfare 3

Ghosted
Cock-docker

Re: Modern Warfare 3

Post by Ghosted »

Variasaber wrote:
WarDad71 wrote:I will be getting this when able...for sure. Unless you guys report it to be a stinker.
What you guys report to be a stinker and what is a stinker IMO is totally different. Let's compare:
CTC, etc. wrote:Black Ops is lots of fun, the FAMAS is great
I had this week off from college so I headed home, and I've been playing Black Ops with my brother. He prestiged recently, but has made his way back up to level 25. I've played it before, but forgot what it was like, so it was like trying it for the first time again. Here's what I gathered:

1. I can't see anything. Enemies are invisible against the background, yet they can shoot you from across the map.
2. You can't sharpshoot at all, it's really just spray+pray, at least for me. I had the most success with MAC11 extended mag, just blazing away at anyone who got close, literally sweeping the gun back and forth to unleash a wide volley of shots.
3. You're going to get your ass kicked if you don't have one of the more powerful later level guns like the AK47 or the Commando.
4. The level-up and unlock process is incredibly frustrating, due in part to #3 (early on your guns are shit so you can't play well enough to gain exp and money at a reasonable rate) and the fact that EVERYTHING COSTS MONEY, including things you should have unlocked for free after completing the outrageous tasks to get them. Seriously? You have to buy each perk AND each pro perk?
5. The game just plain isn't fun. It's a big race to see who can level up the fastest, and thousands of people have already reached the highest level on the highest prestige so why even bother? I had a lot more fun playing Halo Reach with my brother, and that's another one I could rant about the unlock system.
6. FUCK the FAMAS.

CTC, etc. wrote:Runescape sucks so much we're gonna derail the thread about it repeatedly by talking about Black Ops and bananas. The graphics are terrible and it's not a first person shooter
I'm pretty sure that breaks one of the forum rules... anyway, all anyone ever has to complain about Runescape is the graphics, I mean come on, shut up about it already, you play Minecraft don't you? And derailing rimmer's thread isn't very mature...

CTC, etc. wrote:MW3 looks bad because it resembles the past two games, there's no drivable vehicles, and they reused one of the generic vehicle models from MW2 in the MW3 trailer
1. So one modern FPS with modern guns looks like another modern FPS with modern guns?! No way!
2. Drivable vehicles would be dreadfully hard to balance with the COD series in terms of fairness. Picture MW2, and picture someone using an AC130 for the whole match. Try to balance that.
3. So what if they reused one stupid truck that you can shoot and make it blow up? Guess what, they had explosive barrels too, those have been around for two decades now. And even so, just because you see it in the trailer doesn't mean it'll be in the final game.

</rant>
Wrong. You suck. Go back to runescape.
Friend + Friend + Friend - Titanfall = -1

Knave_Skye
Cock-docker

Post by Knave_Skye »

Variasaber wrote:
WarDad71 wrote:I will be getting this when able...for sure. Unless you guys report it to be a stinker.
What you guys report to be a stinker and what is a stinker IMO is totally different. Let's compare:
CTC, etc. wrote:Black Ops is lots of fun, the FAMAS is great
I had this week off from college so I headed home, and I've been playing Black Ops with my brother. He prestiged recently, but has made his way back up to level 25. I've played it before, but forgot what it was like, so it was like trying it for the first time again. Here's what I gathered:

1. I can't see anything. Enemies are invisible against the background, yet they can shoot you from across the map.
2. You can't sharpshoot at all, it's really just spray+pray, at least for me. I had the most success with MAC11 extended mag, just blazing away at anyone who got close, literally sweeping the gun back and forth to unleash a wide volley of shots.
3. You're going to get your ass kicked if you don't have one of the more powerful later level guns like the AK47 or the Commando.
4. The level-up and unlock process is incredibly frustrating, due in part to #3 (early on your guns are shit so you can't play well enough to gain exp and money at a reasonable rate) and the fact that EVERYTHING COSTS MONEY, including things you should have unlocked for free after completing the outrageous tasks to get them. Seriously? You have to buy each perk AND each pro perk?
5. The game just plain isn't fun. It's a big race to see who can level up the fastest, and thousands of people have already reached the highest level on the highest prestige so why even bother? I had a lot more fun playing Halo Reach with my brother, and that's another one I could rant about the unlock system.
6. FUCK the FAMAS.

CTC, etc. wrote:Runescape sucks so much we're gonna derail the thread about it repeatedly by talking about Black Ops and bananas. The graphics are terrible and it's not a first person shooter
I'm pretty sure that breaks one of the forum rules... anyway, all anyone ever has to complain about Runescape is the graphics, I mean come on, shut up about it already, you play Minecraft don't you? And derailing rimmer's thread isn't very mature...

CTC, etc. wrote:MW3 looks bad because it resembles the past two games, there's no drivable vehicles, and they reused one of the generic vehicle models from MW2 in the MW3 trailer
1. So one modern FPS with modern guns looks like another modern FPS with modern guns?! No way!
2. Drivable vehicles would be dreadfully hard to balance with the COD series in terms of fairness. Picture MW2, and picture someone using an AC130 for the whole match. Try to balance that.
3. So what if they reused one stupid truck that you can shoot and make it blow up? Guess what, they had explosive barrels too, those have been around for two decades now. And even so, just because you see it in the trailer doesn't mean it'll be in the final game.

</rant>
Lol ghosted, cmon, he looks hungry...imma feed the troll.
So, my first question has to be...since you mentioned Halo....are you playing this on a Console?
Part 1
1. I've never had trouble spotting those who kill me, and if they get you once, you got a kill cam...busted.
2. Spray and Pray is a choice, and can be effective based on the weapon...especially on a console, but many of us do just fine actually using ADS.
3. The Galil unlocks at 20 and the AUG unlocks at 26, these are the primary weapons ive used for many months, so wrong.
4. This is subject to how you play. If you perform well on a regular basis, you have more cash. You can use that cash to unlock what you want to use, instead of accomplishing crazy tasks for one specific weapon trying to unlock the one you want.
5. This is also subjective, and yes, joining a game that's been out for a year or more will mean you are playing with people who have significantly more experience than you. BUT....its COD, there isn't alot of strategy or skill, its shooter at its acradiest (not a word, don't care). Well, maybe less arcade than UT, but still. Aside from learning the maps there isn't much of a learning curve.
6. I don't like the FAMAS either, mostly because of its low ammo count. But while it has ammo, it tears shit up.

On the topic of runescape, bland game is bland game. Ive played most worthwhile RPGS, including most of the MMO variety. I do it more to mess with Rimmer than to actually discuss the finer points of Runescape. When he feels the need to update us regularly on the level progress of his character, then it gets old. I could spam the forums into the ground too if I wanted to give everyone a progress report on each of the games I play, but I know that no one cares, so I don't.

Part 2
1&3. I think its very reasonable to be unhappy to see so little change in a game after 3 iterations, and even worse to see recycled art assets in a full price retail high profile game. No, we are not surprised by how it looks, just dissapointed. BTW, we are not complaining that the game has trucks cause other games had trucks, nor are we complaining that there is dirt and grass and guns. The problem is its the exact same truck, with the exact same logo on the side of it.
2. Now you are just being sensationalist. Name one Shooter with vehicles that contains something comparable to the AC-130? If you make vehicle, you balance them out with the rest of the game. I don't expect them in a COD game, but could you link the post that you are referring to with this?
"Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live."
-- Norman Cousins
<{CTC}> Knave_Skye

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

From variasaber's rant, I thought he was talking about the battlefield series. THAT game seems to have lame weapons at low levels. But BO gives you the Famas at the start (IIRC), and it's a good gun. I've always found that the COD series was well balanced. Even lower level players can do well with the limited weapons at hand. BF doesn't seem like this.

The 'not being able to see your enemies' is just a matter of getting used to the game, the way it looks, and how it plays. I thought this too but I don't have that problem now. Watch the killcams... they can reveal a lot. Sometimes I get killed and I think 'how the hell did he see me' then I watch the killcam and see that 'oh shit, I was totally visible' I learn from that.

I think Badasp said it a long time ago about MW2: The key to playing the COD series is knowing the maps, not necessarily being great with the guns. I DO play much better on the older maps that I know inside and out. I'd like to play the new maps more, but nobody bought the map packs, so very few servers run the new maps.
"The abyss gazes also into you"

WarDad71
Cock-docker

Post by WarDad71 »

CTC-JimRimya wrote:From variasaber's rant, I thought he was talking about the battlefield series. THAT game seems to have lame weapons at low levels. But BO gives you the Famas at the start (IIRC), and it's a good gun. I've always found that the COD series was well balanced. Even lower level players can do well with the limited weapons at hand. BF doesn't seem like this.

The 'not being able to see your enemies' is just a matter of getting used to the game, the way it looks, and how it plays. I thought this too but I don't have that problem now. Watch the killcams... they can reveal a lot. Sometimes I get killed and I think 'how the hell did he see me' then I watch the killcam and see that 'oh shit, I was totally visible' I learn from that.

I think Badasp said it a long time ago about MW2: The key to playing the COD series is knowing the maps, not necessarily being great with the guns. I DO play much better on the older maps that I know inside and out. I'd like to play the new maps more, but nobody bought the map packs, so very few servers run the new maps.
That was always a rant I had with BF - absolutely hated how long it took to level - so for those of us who don't live in this particular game 24/7 - it meant taking a lot longer to unlock things. Hope things are different this time around. I would like if it had a kill cam feature.

Variasaber
Holy sh*t!

Post by Variasaber »

Whew! I blew off a lot of steam with that rant. Incited some attention too; alright, here we go...

<rant>
Knave, you're right, it may have been switching to an XBox that bothered me after having played PC games for so long. I'll have to look into that by taking another look at the XBox version of MW2, see if the experience compares to the PC version.
Anyway, I wasn't referring to a specific post with the vehicle comment, I was speaking generally. I might be thinking of this the wrong way though, because I haven't actually played Battlefield so I don't know how it works. It might have been me thinking that Battlefield is played like COD and you have to shoot anyone who gets within your line of sight or they'll shoot you first, which would not work very well at all with vehicles. I was having trouble imagining how a foot soldier would stand up against a tank, or those jets you see in the Battlefield trailer. So, I apologize for that.

As for the FAMAS, I stand by what I said. I do not like the gun, because I see other players dominate with it, but when I carry it I do not see any improvement in score or decrease in deaths.
What upsets me about Black Ops is seeing unevenness in how many shots it takes to kill an opponent, or how fast you kill them, etc. If I start firing at someone, and they start firing back a moment later, and I hit them with 5 shots and they survive, but they hit me with 3 and I die, that bothers me. If we see each other at the same time, but I'm dead before I pull the trigger and I only hear 2 shots come from them, that bothers me. It's all about reaction time, and if you're taking time to aim down the ACOG sight of your M14, they've already made Swiss cheese out of you with their Reflex-sighted Commando. I ended up having the most success with an Extended Mag MAC11 with Steady Aim, just spraying it while swinging it back and forth.
I have no doubt this would be different in the PC version.
And yeah, the AUG is great. I love the AUG. My brother insists that it's identical to the FAMAS, but he's judging by the stat meters shown on the gun details in game, which shows how much he knows :lol: The problem is, even though I played with him like 3 hours a day for a week, we only got from level 16 to level 25; one level short of the AUG. The best I could do was the Galil. Seeing lots of people using a Silenced Galil, I decided to try that, and saw my score go down. Its damage per shot was pathetic! I just couldn't use it; I need high damage-per-shot in COD, which is true of MW2 as well, I always play Hardcore and the SCAR-H is my favorite. Had I stuck around for a few more days, I probably could have picked up a nice Ice AUG Masterkey and had a decent score in a few matches, which probably would have left me less upset with the game.

And the money issues probably mostly came from using one profile's money to buy unlockables for two people with very different tastes in the game, so disregard that complaint.

When it comes to Core gametypes in Black Ops, I just can't do anything without something that I can react VERY quickly with; I'd rather have fast kills and small mags than big mags with lots of shots necessary to get a kill. That's why the AK47 was my favorite there, and I respected the Commando even though I didn't use it. It's also why I like the Masterkey, in both BO and MW2; you can react almost instantly, and kill with one shot. I will admit though, even without getting many kills I enjoy Headquarters a lot.
</rant>

Alright. So, to be honest, if I was able to play the PC version of Black Ops and get it to run decently, honestly I would probably enjoy it. I'd still prefer MW2 of course :mrgreen: But I'm sure I could find a few comfortable loadouts for Black Ops. And since MW3 is being developed by the same people as MW2, except that they have learned from the results MW2 and Black Ops, I think the game will turn out great. It seems like the series' multiplayer lately has been about tweaking the same system, bit by bit, trying to make it perfect. This might just be it, I think. We'll see how it goes.
Sup folks
DD}VariaSaber

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

You make all good points. Here are some thought I had while reading your post:

When you get into close firefights, you don't have to aim down the sight. The Famas and the AK74 (as well as the sub machine guns) work well like this.

Your combination of perks with the gun you use are important. For example, sleight of hand PRO gives you not only faster reload, but also faster aim down sight (ADS). If you use a silenced galil, use it with ghost or ghost pro. If you have ghost pro, your feet don't make any noise, and there is no red name over your head. I've surprised so many punks with this it's sick.

Play something besides TDM. DOM is hella fun, and the main reason I play COD. DEM is OK as well, but once that first point is destroyed, it's almost impossible to destroy the second point.

Note that the masterkey is only effective when fairly close. I tried it and use it a little when playing nuketown, but that's about it. Oh, also, don't play nuketown (resist it!)

COD, while more run and gun than Battlefield, is still not a run and gun as UT is. If I play UT then switch to COD, i play terrible for the first couple minute. I have to remember to crouch, move a little slower, and remember where people tend to hide. Again, knowing the maps is a lot of the battle. But knowing the way COD guns work is also important.

Knave_Skye
Cock-docker

Post by Knave_Skye »

Im sure if you have enjoyed the multiplayer up til now, you wont be dissapointed. I just dont like that CoD is kinda what Wow is for the MMO genre. A incredibly "accessable" game that anyone and their Grandma can enjoy, that every other person in the genre tries to emulate in hopes of capturing their success, while those who take risks rarely make it out of the "indie" level of success.
"Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live."
-- Norman Cousins
<{CTC}> Knave_Skye

Variasaber
Holy sh*t!

Post by Variasaber »

All the anger I had when I made that initial rant is gone, thankfully... thanks for putting up with my venting, guys.
CTC-JimRimya wrote:You make all good points. Here are some thought I had while reading your post:
When you get into close firefights, you don't have to aim down the sight. The Famas and the AK74 (as well as the sub machine guns) work well like this.
Your combination of perks with the gun you use are important. For example, sleight of hand PRO gives you not only faster reload, but also faster aim down sight (ADS). If you use a silenced galil, use it with ghost or ghost pro. If you have ghost pro, your feet don't make any noise, and there is no red name over your head. I've surprised so many punks with this it's sick.
Play something besides TDM. DOM is hella fun, and the main reason I play COD. DEM is OK as well, but once that first point is destroyed, it's almost impossible to destroy the second point.
Note that the masterkey is only effective when fairly close. I tried it and use it a little when playing nuketown, but that's about it. Oh, also, don't play nuketown (resist it!)
COD, while more run and gun than Battlefield, is still not a run and gun as UT is. If I play UT then switch to COD, i play terrible for the first couple minute. I have to remember to crouch, move a little slower, and remember where people tend to hide. Again, knowing the maps is a lot of the battle. But knowing the way COD guns work is also important.
(removed the blank lines for the sake of space)
You're right; close firefights don't require aiming down the sight. Those are my favorite in COD; the close firefights. I suppose that might be why Skidrow has always been my favorite map in MW2: it's always close-to-medium range, there's only two places where you can pick people off from long range and it requires you to use a simple and easily beaten strategy of continuously looking at one spot while aiming down the sight and holding perfectly still, not aware of the enemies coming up the stairs behind you. On that note, I RULE THAT HALLWAY ON THE SECOND FLOOR. THAT IS MY HALLWAY. THERE ARE MANY LIKE IT, BUT THAT ONE IS MINE. Anyway, the issue I had in Black Ops was the medium-to-long range encounters; it just seems like everyone else is faster than you at aiming. Maybe I just work better with keyboard and mouse, I dunno.
Mostly I used the Masterkey because I liked the underbarrel shotgun in MW2. I've been playing nothing but Hardcore mode (in MW2) after trying it out, and people discovered that the underbarrel shotgun has a ridiculously large effective range in Hardcore, even more than the SPAS-12 has in Core. The underbarrel shotgun is USELESS in Core though, often taking two shots to kill even from close range. You just can't afford that delay with a pump-action.

Of course, the right perks for the guns are important. Dual wielding anything without Steady Aim is foolish, Scout helps a lot for snipers, Sleight of Hand has obvious good uses, Scavenger is great if you use grenades a lot or carry something without a lot of ammo. I think Black Ops had a better arrangement (as in which are in which tier, not which are available) of perks than MW2. In MW2, I had to choose between Marathon, Sleight of Hand, and Scavenger. In Black Ops, I can have all 3 :twisted:
It's not only better for that, but I find that choosing between perks in Black Ops is more of a strategic decision than it was in MW2. In MW2, the blue perk always came down to either Sleight of Hand, Scavenger, or Bling, the red perk (since I only play Hardcore) is ALWAYS Cold Blooded, and the yellow perk is usually Steady Aim and sometimes Ninja. In Black Ops, I have to really think about which orange perk would benefit me most: Sleight of Hand, Steady Aim, Scout (for the pro version's faster weapon switch), or Warlord.

I do play things besides TDM. I don't like Domination to be honest, and I haven't seen much of Demolition. But I gotta say, even when doing badly, in Black Ops there is nothing more fun than Headquarters. I love it. It feels a bit frustrating when you lose in a landslide, but it feels so good when you win in a landslide, and when you're in the middle of a close match, you get that unique feeling that I think every "realistic" shooter should have; the feeling of importance, the feeling of the need for strategy and skill, that every small success like getting a kill brings you closer to winning, that you have a goal and you will carry it out no matter what. It's great. TDM will never compare to that.

I agree with you about Nuketown, it's not much fun. Too tightly packed for a real match. If you ever saw a Core match in MW2 on Rust, specifically a full TDM, it's the most hectic and unbalanced thing ever and it represents everything that was wrong with that game in one spot. Nuketown does similar things.

Lastly, with what you said about UT, I don't think it can be compared to Call of Duty at all. There's a noticeable divide in the FPS genre between two very different types of games. You've got the realistic shooters where you die from 4 shots from a full-auto rifle, like Call of Duty, Battlefield, and Medal of Honor. Then you've got the fantastical shooters like UT, Section 8, etc. where you can survive a rocket to the chest, but watch out for the 3 more coming after it. Halo is kind of in the middle I think, as it has all the aspects of the fantastical ones but still feels like one of the realistic ones somehow.
What really drew me into UT during the time I was playing it almost exclusively was the fact that I could have fun in the game even if I was doing terrible at it. It was a very carefree experience.

*phew* Okay, onward to Knave's post.
Knave_Skye wrote:Im sure if you have enjoyed the multiplayer up til now, you wont be dissapointed. I just dont like that CoD is kinda what Wow is for the MMO genre. A incredibly "accessable" game that anyone and their Grandma can enjoy, that every other person in the genre tries to emulate in hopes of capturing their success, while those who take risks rarely make it out of the "indie" level of success.
I haven't played WoW honestly, but I feel like the FPS that comes closest to being an MMO without going all the way like Combat Arms (which literally is an FPS MMO) is Team Fortress 2. Between the thousands of available servers, the free-to-play experience, the hundreds upon hundreds of items, the cash shop for getting items quickly when they can also be acquired by other means, the risk of trade scammers, and the fact that there are so many items that some of them have become de facto currency and (because of this) the game has its own economy, it's more like an MMO than any other non-MMOs I've seen.

It seems that because of years of writing essays, thus giving me practice in the habit of stretching what I say to fill multiple pages, I am now unable to be concise. Oh well.
Sup folks
DD}VariaSaber

Ghosted
Cock-docker

Post by Ghosted »

Variasaber wrote:All the anger I had when I made that initial rant is gone, thankfully... thanks for putting up with my venting, guys.
CTC-JimRimya wrote:You make all good points. Here are some thought I had while reading your post:
(removed the blank lines for the sake of space)
You're right; close firefights don't require aiming down the sight. Those are my favorite in COD; the close firefights. I suppose that might be why Skidrow has always been my favorite map in MW2: it's always close-to-medium range, there's only two places where you can pick people off from long range and it requires you to use a simple and easily beaten strategy of continuously looking at one spot while aiming down the sight and holding perfectly still, not aware of the enemies coming up the stairs behind you. On that note, I RULE THAT HALLWAY ON THE SECOND FLOOR. THAT IS MY HALLWAY. THERE ARE MANY LIKE IT, BUT THAT ONE IS MINE. Anyway, the issue I had in Black Ops was the medium-to-long range encounters; it just seems like everyone else is faster than you at aiming. Maybe I just work better with keyboard and mouse, I dunno.
Mostly I used the Masterkey because I liked the underbarrel shotgun in MW2. I've been playing nothing but Hardcore mode (in MW2) after trying it out, and people discovered that the underbarrel shotgun has a ridiculously large effective range in Hardcore, even more than the SPAS-12 has in Core. The underbarrel shotgun is USELESS in Core though, often taking two shots to kill even from close range. You just can't afford that delay with a pump-action.

Of course, the right perks for the guns are important. Dual wielding anything without Steady Aim is foolish, Scout helps a lot for snipers, Sleight of Hand has obvious good uses, Scavenger is great if you use grenades a lot or carry something without a lot of ammo. I think Black Ops had a better arrangement (as in which are in which tier, not which are available) of perks than MW2. In MW2, I had to choose between Marathon, Sleight of Hand, and Scavenger. In Black Ops, I can have all 3 :twisted:
It's not only better for that, but I find that choosing between perks in Black Ops is more of a strategic decision than it was in MW2. In MW2, the blue perk always came down to either Sleight of Hand, Scavenger, or Bling, the red perk (since I only play Hardcore) is ALWAYS Cold Blooded, and the yellow perk is usually Steady Aim and sometimes Ninja. In Black Ops, I have to really think about which orange perk would benefit me most: Sleight of Hand, Steady Aim, Scout (for the pro version's faster weapon switch), or Warlord.

I do play things besides TDM. I don't like Domination to be honest, and I haven't seen much of Demolition. But I gotta say, even when doing badly, in Black Ops there is nothing more fun than Headquarters. I love it. It feels a bit frustrating when you lose in a landslide, but it feels so good when you win in a landslide, and when you're in the middle of a close match, you get that unique feeling that I think every "realistic" shooter should have; the feeling of importance, the feeling of the need for strategy and skill, that every small success like getting a kill brings you closer to winning, that you have a goal and you will carry it out no matter what. It's great. TDM will never compare to that.

I agree with you about Nuketown, it's not much fun. Too tightly packed for a real match. If you ever saw a Core match in MW2 on Rust, specifically a full TDM, it's the most hectic and unbalanced thing ever and it represents everything that was wrong with that game in one spot. Nuketown does similar things.

Lastly, with what you said about UT, I don't think it can be compared to Call of Duty at all. There's a noticeable divide in the FPS genre between two very different types of games. You've got the realistic shooters where you die from 4 shots from a full-auto rifle, like Call of Duty, Battlefield, and Medal of Honor. Then you've got the fantastical shooters like UT, Section 8, etc. where you can survive a rocket to the chest, but watch out for the 3 more coming after it. Halo is kind of in the middle I think, as it has all the aspects of the fantastical ones but still feels like one of the realistic ones somehow.
What really drew me into UT during the time I was playing it almost exclusively was the fact that I could have fun in the game even if I was doing terrible at it. It was a very carefree experience.

*phew* Okay, onward to Knave's post.
Knave_Skye wrote:Im sure if you have enjoyed the multiplayer up til now, you wont be dissapointed. I just dont like that CoD is kinda what Wow is for the MMO genre. A incredibly "accessable" game that anyone and their Grandma can enjoy, that every other person in the genre tries to emulate in hopes of capturing their success, while those who take risks rarely make it out of the "indie" level of success.
I haven't played WoW honestly, but I feel like the FPS that comes closest to being an MMO without going all the way like Combat Arms (which literally is an FPS MMO) is Team Fortress 2. Between the thousands of available servers, the free-to-play experience, the hundreds upon hundreds of items, the cash shop for getting items quickly when they can also be acquired by other means, the risk of trade scammers, and the fact that there are so many items that some of them have become de facto currency and (because of this) the game has its own economy, it's more like an MMO than any other non-MMOs I've seen.

It seems that because of years of writing essays, thus giving me practice in the habit of stretching what I say to fill multiple pages, I am now unable to be concise. Oh well.
Looks for mute button.

Variasaber
Holy sh*t!

Post by Variasaber »

Ghosted wrote:Looks for mute button.
:lol: Well hey, at least you don't have to listen to my voice saying all that, eh? Nice sig, by the way.

Anyway, two posts on one thread in one day is not something I do often, but I found something I think you guys will like, and it's actually relevant to the original thread this time.

A video talking about the new "leveling" system for weapons in MW3:
http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/10/27/we ... -warfare-3

So basically, when you use a weapon, the more you use it, the more you unlock attachments and camos, and you also unlock "proficiencies" for things like reduced recoil, reduced sight sway, increased melee speed, two attachments, etc. It's made for people who had particular favorite guns (i.e. everyone), so using the gun more will make the gun better, and you can learn to use it better along the way.

For those who can't give two shits to watch the video, they also explained some stuff from the multiplayer trailer, like that landmine that pops up and explodes, and that turret that shoots down RPGs and grenades.

I really like this news. I don't plan on buying MW3 any time soon, but I'm sure I'll have the opportunity to play it at some point, so I'm really looking forward to this.
SCAR-H forever!

EDIT: Oh, and they also mentioned a new special(?) grenade called the EMP grenade, which temporarily disables electronics like sentries, radar, etc. in its blast radius. Flashes + stuns used to take care of sentries, but they probably won't anymore given this new thing. I like this too, I could never get the hang of disabling sentries with flashes or stuns but disabling someone's radar, sights, and heartbeat sensor (if that's still around) sounds great.
Sup folks
DD}VariaSaber

Ghosted
Cock-docker

Post by Ghosted »

Variasaber wrote: :lol: Well hey, at least you don't have to listen to my voice saying all that, eh? Nice sig, by the way.

WarDad71
Cock-docker

Post by WarDad71 »

Ghosted wrote:Image
Which class is this? Recon? Medic? Engineer?

Knave_Skye
Cock-docker

Post by Knave_Skye »

Dude makes time machines, so they pulled him from final version cause he was OP.
-- Norman Cousins
<{CTC}> Knave_Skye

WarDad71
Cock-docker

Post by WarDad71 »

Interesting

Looking forward to this also...hopefully by the end of the year :(

Bouncing Betties :mrgreen: love those...

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

Damn, I can't wait! BF3 is fun (better for me than BF2BC was so far), but COD is still where it's at!