Modern Warfare 3

Variasaber
Holy sh*t!

Re: Modern Warfare 3

Post by Variasaber »

WarDad71 wrote:Interesting

Looking forward to this also...hopefully by the end of the year :(

Bouncing Betties :mrgreen: love those...
I just posted that video right before Ghosted compared me to that kid from that show I never watched >:P

So much gratitude for explaining hexadecimal color systems, almost causing a flamewar over Black Ops, posting a photo of myself that immediately got a penis edited into it, and utterly failing to be clear and concise :lol:
Sup folks
DD}VariaSaber

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

Variasaber wrote: I just posted that video right before Ghosted compared me to that kid from that show I never watched >:P

So much gratitude for explaining hexadecimal color systems, almost causing a flamewar over Black Ops, posting a photo of myself that immediately got a penis edited into it, and utterly failing to be clear and concise :lol:
LOL! Don't give up. Ghosted just likes to grief people that he thinks might be smarter than him.
"The abyss gazes also into you"

Variasaber
Holy sh*t!

Post by Variasaber »

CTC-JimRimya wrote:
Variasaber wrote: I just posted that video right before Ghosted compared me to that kid from that show I never watched >:P

LOL! Don't give up. Ghosted just likes to grief people that he thinks might be smarter than him.
Never give up, never back down, let's get some Eye of the Tiger up in this bitch
Sup folks
DD}VariaSaber

Ghosted
Cock-docker

Post by Ghosted »

CTC-JimRimya wrote:

LOL! Don't give up. Ghosted just likes to grief people.
FTFY I personally think the Urkel picture is the nicest thing I could have said given the circumstances.
Friend + Friend + Friend - Titanfall = -1

Variasaber
Holy sh*t!

Post by Variasaber »

So, we were saying about MW3... who's planning on getting it and who isn't?
I'm not sure yet, $60 is pretty high up there for me when RO2 is $40, and I might not even be able to run either one.
Sup folks
DD}VariaSaber

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

Ghosted wrote: FTFY I personally think the Urkel picture is the nicest thing I could have said given the circumstances.
LOL!

I'll be getting MW3. I've already placed a reserve order for it at my local independent (not GameStop) game shop. They had a deal for $5 off the usual $60 price, and I like to support the local shops.

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

I just read this:

http://community.callofduty.com/thread/4682

As far as I can tell from this thread, MW3 will have:
Dedicated servers, but ONLY unranked. There will be an RCON and all of that, and the server owner can control the server completely. But no ranking or unlocking.

Ranked play will be with a match-making system. This sounds like MW2 with IWnet, which we loved to complain about, but in my opinion, this was funner as it ensured we were all on the same team (thus able to pwn!)

The game will be integrated with Steam (figured that, but that's good IMO)

and finally, there are specific graphic settings for PC players. This is good as we'll be able to control AA, AF, all that stuff.

Variasaber
Holy sh*t!

Post by Variasaber »

CTC-JimRimya wrote:I just read this:

Dedicated servers, but ONLY unranked. There will be an RCON and all of that, and the server owner can control the server completely. But no ranking or unlocking.

Ranked play will be with a match-making system. This sounds like MW2 with IWnet, which we loved to complain about, but in my opinion, this was funner as it ensured we were all on the same team (thus able to pwn!)

and finally, there are specific graphic settings for PC players. This is good as we'll be able to control AA, AF, all that stuff.
Eeeeeexcellent.

I don't care much about ranked dedicated servers, because usually the system that games have in place to determine what settings will let you have a ranked one and what settings make it unranked are complex and just not worth it. Having a ranked matchmaking system and unranked dedicated servers actually sounds better than matchmaking or dedicated alone. I approve; looks like Infinity Ward finally has their head in the game, no pun intended.
Sup folks
DD}VariaSaber

Ghosted
Cock-docker

Post by Ghosted »

Variasaber wrote:
CTC-JimRimya wrote:I just read this:

Eeeeeexcellent.

I don't care much about ranked dedicated servers, because usually the system that games have in place to determine what settings will let you have a ranked one and what settings make it unranked are complex and just not worth it. Having a ranked matchmaking system and unranked dedicated servers actually sounds better than matchmaking or dedicated alone. I approve; looks like Infinity Ward finally has their head in the game, no pun intended.
Image I approve
Friend + Friend + Friend - Titanfall = -1

Knave_Skye
Cock-docker

Post by Knave_Skye »

For those of you who wernt sure about Elite and if it would be in any way, shape or form worthwhile...worry no longer!

Call of Duty Elite on PC Delayed and Debilitated

The PC version of Call of Duty Elite has been delayed and when it does eventually launch, it will have "reduced functionality" compared to its console cousins.

Call of Duty Elite, the multiplayer platform for games like Black Ops and the upcoming Modern Warfare 3, is slated to launch on November 8 alongside MW3. Unless you're playing on a PC, that is; if that's the case, then the only thing anybody seems to know for sure at this point is that when it finally does come around, you won't be able to do as much with it as you can with the 360 and PS3 versions.

"We're as committed as ever to the PC, but the need to ensure a safe PC environment is greater than ever. It's really extensive. We need more time to get there, so Elite on PC will not launch on Day One," Beachhead Studio boss Chacko Sonny said in a One of Swords interview. "We're working our butts off to make it happen, but we won't release it until we know that PC gamers can enjoy Elite as it's meant to be."

"The issue here is that the PC is an insecure platform. Without a central, trusted resource for stats, a lot of our competition features become unfair," he continued. "We can't give away prizes when people can easily cheat their stats. Leaderboards are less fun when a lot of the users are there unfairly."

"Not being able to trust stats is a big problem for our design. Because of this, we had to re-imagine Elite for PC," added Product Director Noah Heller. "Elite for PC will be about access to your own stats, or those of your friends. Basically establishing a circle of trust. And because it will have some reduced functionality, it will be free for everyone."

Exactly how the functionality will be reduced wasn't discussed, although Heller did state that because there's no paid option for the PC version of Elite, PC gamers won't have access to discounted DLC. "PC guys will be able to purchase their DLC content a la carte, just like it has worked before," he said.

At this point, Beachhead isn't even guessing when the PC version of Elite will be released. "We're working on it, but it is not going to come out until we've done a lot more work," Sonny said. "It will be ready when it is ready."

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/vi ... ebilitated
"Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live."
-- Norman Cousins
<{CTC}> Knave_Skye

badasp
Holy sh*t!

Post by badasp »

Knave_Skye wrote:For those of you who wernt sure about Elite and if it would be in any way, shape or form worthwhile...worry no longer!

Call of Duty Elite on PC Delayed and Debilitated

The PC version of Call of Duty Elite has been delayed and when it does eventually launch, it will have "reduced functionality" compared to its console cousins.

Call of Duty Elite, the multiplayer platform for games like Black Ops and the upcoming Modern Warfare 3, is slated to launch on November 8 alongside MW3. Unless you're playing on a PC, that is; if that's the case, then the only thing anybody seems to know for sure at this point is that when it finally does come around, you won't be able to do as much with it as you can with the 360 and PS3 versions.

"We're as committed as ever to the PC, but the need to ensure a safe PC environment is greater than ever. It's really extensive. We need more time to get there, so Elite on PC will not launch on Day One," Beachhead Studio boss Chacko Sonny said in a One of Swords interview. "We're working our butts off to make it happen, but we won't release it until we know that PC gamers can enjoy Elite as it's meant to be."

"The issue here is that the PC is an insecure platform. Without a central, trusted resource for stats, a lot of our competition features become unfair," he continued. "We can't give away prizes when people can easily cheat their stats. Leaderboards are less fun when a lot of the users are there unfairly."

"Not being able to trust stats is a big problem for our design. Because of this, we had to re-imagine Elite for PC," added Product Director Noah Heller. "Elite for PC will be about access to your own stats, or those of your friends. Basically establishing a circle of trust. And because it will have some reduced functionality, it will be free for everyone."

Exactly how the functionality will be reduced wasn't discussed, although Heller did state that because there's no paid option for the PC version of Elite, PC gamers won't have access to discounted DLC. "PC guys will be able to purchase their DLC content a la carte, just like it has worked before," he said.

At this point, Beachhead isn't even guessing when the PC version of Elite will be released. "We're working on it, but it is not going to come out until we've done a lot more work," Sonny said. "It will be ready when it is ready."

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/vi ... ebilitated
Welcome to COD, where the lack of a feature is actually a feature.

On a more positive note, the "African Militia" will be a new, playable multiplayer faction in MW3. It will be interesting to see all the creative nicknames players will devise while playing as and against these warriors.

I call first dibs on "Big Dick Blaque:"

WarDad71
Cock-docker

Post by WarDad71 »

badasp wrote:
Never saw this movie...going to now - just to see George Scott in the wig and stache lol

Just watched The Changeling again recently with the kids - some pretty good scares in it.

ru_exp
Cock-docker

Post by ru_exp »

badasp wrote: Welcome to COD, where the lack of a feature is actually a feature.

On a more positive note, the "African Militia" will be a new, playable multiplayer faction in MW3. It will be interesting to see all the creative nicknames players will devise while playing as and against these warriors.

I call first dibs on "Big Dick Blaque:"

I was going to stick with Wesley Snipes...but since badasp went there, I'm making a switch to "Black Da Ripper" or "Blaque and the Meancock".

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

This reminds me of my favorite blacksploitation film: 'A Blaffair to Rememblack'

Knave_Skye
Cock-docker

Post by Knave_Skye »

Preloading now on steam thanks to Papa, here is hoping it atleast runs decent day 1.
"Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live."
-- Norman Cousins
<{CTC}> Knave_Skye