DLC release calender FYI

Mr Bean
Cock-docker

Re: DLC release calender FYI

Post by Mr Bean »

Ghosted wrote:
CTC-JimRimya wrote:No pricing info was revealed for Content Collection #1, nor were dates for the content on PC and PS3.
Looks like we're still screwed. If the March 20 release date isn't confirmed for the PC, who knows when it will come out.
Saw this post... Started coding in uscript again.

Almost have adren combos working now.

The amount of disrespect it takes to piss me off enough to crack open code I haven't touched for almost 2 years... Wow.
*fist pump* yessssss!!!

badasp
Holy sh*t!

Post by badasp »

Maps look really good, which figures since they tend to keep the best maps for DLCs.

I do wonder though if anyone will buy the maps, considering everyone is leaving COD behind and is ascending to a new level of gaming with Tribes Ascend.

Knave_Skye
Cock-docker

Post by Knave_Skye »

You know....so you can look at more maps available on the 360 that have no release date set for any other platform. Maybe 3 months from the unannounced release of the first set of DLC...So if none of the DLC is available by May 1 then im pretty much done, maybe they can win me back with the next game from Treyarch.
"Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live."
-- Norman Cousins
<{CTC}> Knave_Skye

CTC-Salchicha
Cock-docker

Post by CTC-Salchicha »

MW3 DLC Pack 1 comes out on Tuesday May 8th?

"Infinity Ward doesn't even mention on there twitter about a price. Just, the patch and DLC is coming May 8th. "

FYI, may not be real for anyone that cares.

All hail the Beef!

Knave_Skye
Cock-docker

Post by Knave_Skye »

CTC-Salchicha wrote:MW3 DLC Pack 1 comes out on Tuesday May 8th?

"Infinity Ward doesn't even mention on there twitter about a price. Just, the patch and DLC is coming May 8th. "

FYI, may not be real for anyone that cares.
If it is true, no thanks.....portal 2's 2nd free dlc is releasing that day and its only 1 week from Diablo 3.....I would rather give my $10 and pick up Nexuiz on the $10th at this point.

Edit: Looks legit
http://www.gamespot.com/news/modern-war ... -8-6374171
"Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live."
-- Norman Cousins
<{CTC}> Knave_Skye

Mr Bean
Cock-docker

Post by Mr Bean »

I'll probably get Treyarch's BLOPS Two. In the past they seemed to appreciate and take care of the PC customers. As for Infinity Ward......

....I really don't care if they learn from their mistakes, they blew it.

1. No dedicated servers for leveling.
2. Six months for the first DLC.
3. Elite for XBOX & PS3, but not PC. Not that I care, but it's a slap in the face.
4. Hackers out the ying yang. Almost every match has one. I have no tolerance for cheaters.

Nah man. IW can suck a fat one.

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

I don't see this available anywhere on steam.
"The abyss gazes also into you"

Knave_Skye
Cock-docker

Post by Knave_Skye »

Thats because most steam updates occur at 1030 AM PST, its there now for $15
http://store.steampowered.com/app/42695/
-- Norman Cousins
<{CTC}> Knave_Skye

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

Got it. Thanks, Knave.

I'll buy this. I've got $15 to burn, but not if nobody else will (although I know Sal will too). Even if I just play each new map a couple times, I think it will be worth it.

Who's with me?
"The abyss gazes also into you"

Knave_Skye
Cock-docker

Post by Knave_Skye »

Sorry, ive already taken a stand on this one. I dont argue that the value is probably there, I am just tired of being treated like a second rate customer. Just getting stuff that has been available to others since January, 6 months of getting nothing and still only getting map packs for $15....I am done. This feeling is only compounded by the fact that today, Portal 2 has released their second Free dlc, which lets the community create and share maps, significantly increasing the value of the game, which can be picked up right now for $7. With Diablo 3 one week out I cant justify it even if it wasnt a moral stand.
-- Norman Cousins
<{CTC}> Knave_Skye

Ghosted
Cock-docker

Post by Ghosted »

I would easily make a stand as I'm enjoying BF3 (both the game and the devs) more at this point, but if Jim and Sal aren't done filling their codholes then I guess I'll have to join them...
Friend + Friend + Friend - Titanfall = -1

CTC-Salchicha
Cock-docker

Post by CTC-Salchicha »

Oops, I did it again.
They played with my heart, I got lost in the game
Oh Lordy, Lordy
Oops!...They know I'm a rube
That I've spent from above
I'm not that cognizant

I must've cut in line because it was at 95% for me when it started to dl. Right. The maps have been there for a while I suspect, just unlocked them is all.

I totally applaud your stand knave but I'm not going to get anything out of the portal dlc. I only have some much time...

Exit, stage left

All hail the Beef!

Knave_Skye
Cock-docker

Post by Knave_Skye »

Something for you all to look forward to in September:

Activision today announced a new multiplayer mode coming to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 in the second DLC collection due out later this month.
The new "Face-Off" mode is a one-on-one or two-on-two deathmatch featuring four brand new maps custom built for more intimate combat.
"Normally in itself one-on-one isn't particularly creatively innovative, but what we've done is design the maps deliberately for this style of play," Modern Warfare 3 executive producer Mark Rubin told Eurogamer.
"In normal map development you have large maps that have long sight lines, then when you make smaller maps you shorten the sight line - the engagement distance becomes smaller when the map becomes smaller," Rubin explained. "But with these Face-Off maps, because it's not six-on-six, we've made the sight lines longer for the size of the map that it is. You actually end up engaging quicker and having a more exciting experience on the map."
"You still get a really new feel and experience out of the gameplay; not just the heavy, frantic experience you would get out of a normal multiplayer match," he added. "You get more tension build-up on these smaller maps."
The first two stages, "Aground" and "Erosion", will be available for free to all Xbox 360 players on May 15. The Face-Off mode will be released on PC and PlayStation 3 though no date has been confirmed.
Aground is "set on a shipwreck off the coast of Scotland", Eurogamer notes, while Erosion "sees you running around Roman ruins in Italy while Mount Vesuvius erupts in the background."
Two more maps,"Getaway" and "Lookout" will then be released on May 22 as part of the main DLC Collection 2 release. Again, it will be a timed Xbox 360 exclusive. Getaway "plays out in a beachside mansion in Brazil", while Lookout is "set in a forward observation post in Afghanistan".
In addition, Modern Warfare 3 DLC Collection 2 will also offer three new standard multiplayer maps. Two maps, Sanctuary and Foundation, have already been released via the Call of Duty Elite service, but a new map, "Oasis", is set on a beach resort in the United Arab Emirates.
"It's actually in or near one of the levels from single player - the one that takes place in UAE. You can see part of that level in the background in this level. It's all new geo but it's in the same area," explained Rubin.
That's not all; there are also two new Spec Ops co-op missions coming too.
The first is titled "Ironclad" and is set immediately after the Hamburg mission from the single-player campaign. You and a comrade attempt to make it back to the landing beach after the initial assault.
"It has that asynchronous combat that we've been focusing on, where one player does one thing and another does something completely different," Rubin said of Ironclad. "One player is on the ground and has to clear obstacles and engage in basic infantry combat. Then you have another guy driving a tank and you both have to support each other and get back to the beaches."
The second Spec Ops mission is called "Killswitch" and takes place in an all-new area set in a Russian dockyard..
"One person is on the ground sneaking through and the other is in a sniper perch, sniping for the other player. You have to get through the level and detonate an EMP at the end."
With a new mode, six total new maps, and two additional spec-ops missions, Modern Warfare 3's Content Collection 2 looks like a promising release late this month.

http://www.gamezone.com/products/call-o ... -announced
-- Norman Cousins
<{CTC}> Knave_Skye

CTC-Salchicha
Cock-docker

Post by CTC-Salchicha »

I like the new maps. They look good (in as much as MW3 can look) and I've had fun so far. Yet, now that I'm more used to BF3, I see how much more could be done with these types of games. MW3 feels really "simple" now compared to BF3. The engine is looking really dated and the low res textures are a bummer. It is still a fun game but it needs a graphics update. If you've seen the info for BO2, it looks like the same old engine.

Still, for 15, it's not bad-

All hail the Beef!

Mr Bean
Cock-docker

Post by Mr Bean »

That's a good point Sal. It's a way old, restrictive engine for a $60 AAA title. It's got a really good game design with ingenious map layouts, but it doesn't look like a $60 game. UT3 looks better than COD, and still gets really high fps. If only UT3 had a COD Domination game type... damn.