Black Ops 3

Knave_Skye
Cock-docker

Black Ops 3

Post by Knave_Skye »

Well, its 4 days out from release and it seems like not a word has been spoken of it. Has the interest finally completely died with Advanced Warfare? I know Bouch and iV seem to have little interest and unless you guys have discussed it while playing battlefield or borderlands, the same seems to hold up here.
I am ok with that, but its kinda sad that this is the one they are actually planning to allow unranked dedicated servers, modding and map making early next year.
There is even a ping number in matches and i believe gun game at launch.
I think I will end up getting this but maybe not at release.

https://community.treyarch.com/communit ... pc-in-2016
"Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live."
-- Norman Cousins
<{CTC}> Knave_Skye

Knave_Skye
Cock-docker

Re: Black Ops 3

Post by Knave_Skye »

Well, turns out Smurf is already pre-ordered and now I am as well. iV has also already picked it up. I have done more reading and video watching and there is quite a bit to like about this one.

- One in the Chamber, Sharpshooter and Gun Game are confirmed. Sticks and Stones is a maybe.
- Theater Mode is returning.
- Custom paint jobs for guns. Three areas on the gun that each have (I think) 64 layers to work with.
- (This one not 100% sure is right) Something called "Old School" mode that is believed to give players a higher health pool, higher jumps, no fall damage, infinite sprint and weapon pickups on the map to make it feel more like UT or other arena shooters.
- 4 player Co-Op campaign. When you beat the campaign, you can replay it in a "Zombie Mode" where normal enemies are replaced by hordes of zombies.
- They claim ping will be the #1 factor in matchmaking, and if multiple good connections are available, then skill will be considered. As I said, ping number will be given for player and bars with a explanation of what each bar represents for other players on the server. Also all games will be through their servers on PC (no source on this one).
- Special characters with unique abilities/weapons separate from your load out.

I am sure I am missing things and the success will be determined by how many people are too CoD fatigued to care anymore. I had ignored the game up til like 2 days ago and had no idea how many things they are trying to do right, even though I always said Treyarch has the best track record. I guess I am saying to give it a look, this might be the best effort made in years and if the Modding/Mapping community becomes a thing and takes off, this could be the best CoD for years to come.
"Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live."
-- Norman Cousins
<{CTC}> Knave_Skye

Mr Bean
Cock-docker

Post by Mr Bean »

I heard this rumor that Jim got the one package deal that comes with the free 'I <3 COD' t-shirt. I can totally see him wearing it too.

CTC-PapaSmurf
Holy sh*t!

Post by CTC-PapaSmurf »

Mr Bean wrote:I heard this rumor that Jim got the one package deal that comes with the free 'I <3 COD' t-shirt. I can totally see him wearing it too.
I knew he would come around... :D
You just got knocked the smurf out!

CTC-Salchicha
Cock-docker

Post by CTC-Salchicha »

I'm on the fence. I bought AW and hardly played it with anyone else. Game was fun when we did play together. Any deals to be had to lower the price? I've always enjoyed the single player of these titles also.

All hail the Beef!

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

There is no way in HELL i'm giving them $60 again. I played the beta and uninstalled it within 10 minutes. I really dislike the jet pack wall running, mostly because i'm terrible at it.
"The abyss gazes also into you"

CTC-PapaSmurf
Holy sh*t!

Post by CTC-PapaSmurf »

CTC-JimRimya wrote:There is no way in HELL i'm giving them $60 again. I played the beta and uninstalled it within 10 minutes. I really dislike the jet pack wall running, mostly because i'm terrible at it.
Yah. If you didn't like the beta, you should probably skip it. Who knows, maybe it will be worth getting to eventually, but don't waste money on something that would be forced.

However, the cheapest I have found it was on cdkeys.com. I got it for $36, but now it is $39.99 or $41 with Nuketown. Also greenmangaming has it for $39 as well, but doesn't offer the Nuketown DLC.

http://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/call-of- ... -key-steam

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

CTC-PapaSmurf wrote:However, the cheapest I have found it was on cdkeys.com. I got it for $36, but now it is $39.99 or $41 with Nuketown. Also greenmangaming has it for $39 as well, but doesn't offer the Nuketown DLC.

DAMNIT! You had me a nuketown!!! Man that was some fun times....

Still on the fence though....
"The abyss gazes also into you"

CTC-PapaSmurf
Holy sh*t!

Post by CTC-PapaSmurf »

CTC-JimRimya wrote:
CTC-PapaSmurf wrote:However, the cheapest I have found it was on cdkeys.com. I got it for $36, but now it is $39.99 or $41 with Nuketown. Also greenmangaming has it for $39 as well, but doesn't offer the Nuketown DLC.

DAMNIT! You had me a nuketown!!! Man that was some fun times....

Still on the fence though....
If COD wasn't the only game I really care about, I wouldn't be buying it either. I barely got a month or two out of Ghosts and Advanced warfare. I would wait to see how this pans out. I do miss the good times with everyone though. We always had fun.