Netcode fix

Talk about the newest version of the Battlefield franchise
Ghosted
Cock-docker

Netcode fix

Post by Ghosted »

Is supposed to be live today:

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/201 ... this-week/

I've been finding the hardcore servers we play on are 'usually' fair with some intermittent spots of complete bullshit.

Really interested in seeing how much better this makes the game.
Friend + Friend + Friend - Titanfall = -1

Mr Bean
Cock-docker

Re: Netcode fix

Post by Mr Bean »

Despite EA releasing a broken and unfinished game, I've had a blast playing BF4. Still... 8 months after the release of a AAA title and they're just now fixing it. As I think of all the elements of making a game: texturing, meshes, special effects, layouts, animation, sound effects, menu system, game design, programming... They mostly kicked ass on all but the last one. Literally a 9/10 or 10/10 on all but the last one. I'm thinking the coders deserve a 4/10? It's too bad everybody else on the team did their job and the coders brought their weaksauce to work. The game could have been legendary.

ru_exp
Cock-docker

Post by ru_exp »

Mr Bean wrote:Despite EA releasing a broken and unfinished game, I've had a blast playing BF4. Still... 8 months after the release of a AAA title and they're just now fixing it. As I think of all the elements of making a game: texturing, meshes, special effects, layouts, animation, sound effects, menu system, game design, programming... They mostly kicked ass on all but the last one. Literally a 9/10 or 10/10 on all but the last one. I'm thinking the coders deserve a 4/10? It's too bad everybody else on the team did their job and the coders brought their weaksauce to work. The game could have been legendary.

I agree with you Bean. I have put 300 hrs into this game and I still want to play it.

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

It does seem to be better. I've found that if I use my nutsac on the mouse (instead of my right hand), my accuracy increases.
"The abyss gazes also into you"

Mr Bean
Cock-docker

Post by Mr Bean »

CTC-JimRimya wrote:...I've found that if I use my nutsac on the mouse (instead of my right hand), my accuracy increases.
Noted. Thanks for the tip.

Ghosted
Cock-docker

Post by Ghosted »

I think it was 1/2 incompetence and 1/2 greed.

I'm sure they knew a low tickrate was not ideal,
but needed much stronger server hardware to run at a higher rate.

From the little I've heard, it sounds like they've added a local 'event bubble' around players where the tickrate is increased.
My guess is that this lowers the overall volume of the game that must be processed at the enhanced rate, thereby reducing the needed processing power by a proportional level.

It's an interesting, and probably hard, fix to the problem of wanting to run a game with so much going on on commodity servers.

I think it has more to do with the incompetence of those looking at the bottom line,
seeing one number they could tweak to greatly reduce their server cost and then not
accounting for the fact that it kind of ruins the game if that number gets too low.

That's all conjecture, but it's hard for me to believe the devs are so dumb as to not know the deal.
Friend + Friend + Friend - Titanfall = -1