Titanfall

The next big thing or the next epic fail?
ru_exp
Cock-docker

Re: Titanfall

Post by ru_exp »

the code only seems to be for XBOX.

wtf

Who wants the code for the XBOX Beta?

I don't own one...

Knave_Skye
Cock-docker

Post by Knave_Skye »

They sent me a Xbox One key as well, looks like you can go here to resolve it:
http://www.incgamers.com/2014/02/swap-t ... all-pc-one

Except if you go to EA help you just get a bad gateway...why did this have to be on origin? =/
"Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live."
-- Norman Cousins
<{CTC}> Knave_Skye

ru_exp
Cock-docker

Post by ru_exp »

Knave_Skye wrote:They sent me a Xbox One key as well, looks like you can go here to resolve it:
http://www.incgamers.com/2014/02/swap-t ... all-pc-one

Except if you go to EA help you just get a bad gateway...why did this have to be on origin? =/

Thanks so much for this Knave and yes the link is dead.

A lot of people are complaining about the lack of response from EA so far. I will get it switched out whenever I can. I am looking forward to trying it out.

CTC-PapaSmurf
Holy sh*t!

Post by CTC-PapaSmurf »

I was able to open a ticket with them a few hours ago. I received an email response about an hour ago that said it was added to my inventory.

I have been playing for about an hour and I really love what I see. I think I played with the titan more than anything, but found the movement with the soldiers to be really fluid and fun. The titan felt super powerful, but it wasn't overly powerful. I am amazed at how well equipped you feel as a soldier battling a titan. I think this is really going to be an amazing game. It is honestly the first beta I have tried where I haven't been a little letdown. It was actually the opposite. I found myself wanting even more.

How the hell can a game like call of duty ghosts come out that is basically a repeat from years ago and it is all broken and bug ridden, but the damn beta of Titanfall is fluid and nearly flawless?? It really feels like the right people are on this one.

And holy crap, you can see your real ping. No stupid box indicators that mask the truth. Awesome!

Can't wait to play with you guys.
You just got knocked the smurf out!

ru_exp
Cock-docker

Post by ru_exp »

Interesting...at 3:25 AM they sent me a PC code without having to log a ticket with them. I am pretty sure they were absolutely overwhelmed with request.

Anyway, I wonder if the Xbox code would still work for someone?

Knave_Skye
Cock-docker

Post by Knave_Skye »

Got my pc code as well using the ea help site, will be trying it out today.
"Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live."
-- Norman Cousins
<{CTC}> Knave_Skye

CTC-Salchicha
Cock-docker

Post by CTC-Salchicha »

Papa...is that really you?

Still looks like the game releases 3/11 which is great. Does this mean the whole gang will be back together? At 6v6 I guess we might have too many for a single group but might be able to pull off 4v4?

Looking forward to playing something different.

All hail the Beef!

CTC-PapaSmurf
Holy sh*t!

Post by CTC-PapaSmurf »

Indeed it is my friend. I'm stoked for this game. I imagine we will have quite a crowd at first. We could always do groundwars which is 9v9 if it comes down to it.

I miss you guys. I just want to shoot things with you.. you know?

CTC-PapaSmurf
Holy sh*t!

Post by CTC-PapaSmurf »

I also received another PC key. I know it is going open beta soon or it already has. But if anyone needs a key, shoot me a PM and I'll send it over.

CTC-PapaSmurf
Holy sh*t!

Post by CTC-PapaSmurf »

Key has been redeemed. It should go into open beta today anyhow.

Ghosted
Cock-docker

Post by Ghosted »

Can't wait to play with everyone again..

Friend + Friend + Friend - Titanfall = -1

ru_exp
Cock-docker

Post by ru_exp »

Played it...really really liked it. Cool concepts. I look forward to seeing how much there will be an opportunity for costumizations.

Ghosted
Cock-docker

Post by Ghosted »

Open Beta for PC incomming...
http://www.polygon.com/2014/2/16/541828 ... registered

I'm starting to wonder if I even signed up.. but I'm sure I did.
Will see when I get home. Hopefully everyone else signed up.
Friend + Friend + Friend - Titanfall = -1

Knave_Skye
Cock-docker

Post by Knave_Skye »

So I will try to lay out my impressions so far based on the game modes available so far:

Hard-point Domination: For me this has actually been the least enjoyable mode so far. You spend alot of time moving around the map and less time in actual confrontation. This might change once we have an entire team coordinating to hold the points. Dominating is a bit trickier and probably better to hold 2 points well.

Last Titan Standing: Considering how much I disliked Search and Destroy, I am surprised I enjoy this mode as much as I do. Its a typical YOLO mode but you have the option to leave your titan in auto mode and take to the buildings with your anti-titan weaponry. If the opposing titan pilot refuses to exit their titan, you can do a fair bit of damage without them being able to retaliate well. Even once your titan is destroyed, you can eject and contribute as long as you have one titan left on your team. It can be great to put 1 or two titans trading shots across the map with the other team and take the rest of your team and try to flank them. 2-4 vs 1 can be over very quickly.

Attrition: Probably the most enjoyable for me, its all about killing the enemy pilots and the npcs "creeps" to gain 400 points before the other team. You can contribute to your team without ever engaging the enemy team by being what some MOBA players would refer to as a "jungler". Lots of time to call multiple titans and have those titan vs titan vs pilot moments. Two titans in communication, watching each others backs for pilots trying to rodeo them, can do alot of damage.

Burn Cards: Nice to add a bit of variety to the game by allowing you to have supped up versions of existing guns, giving you access to your titan faster or increasing the exp gain from pilot kills. Game encourages you to use them frequently by giving you a limit to the number you can have which is reached fairly quickly.

New Weapons/Weapon Attachments: Unlocking new firing modes and attachments is handled through completing challenges with the weapon like X number of titan kills with it or X number of pilot/creep kills. New weapons unlock on the leveling treadmill.

Overall, I am having alot of fun with the the game. With only 2 maps and 1 titan available to play with in the beta, they are growing a bit stale. Someone data mined the game and it looks like there will be around 15 maps. It also looks like there will only be 2 other game modes, TDM and CTF. These could be wrong and are not officially confirmed as this was a data mine of the beta client. I can certainly see a few months of amusement from this game and hopefully they will break away from their CoD roots when they start releasing DLC.
-- Norman Cousins
<{CTC}> Knave_Skye

Mr Bean
Cock-docker

Post by Mr Bean »

Ghosted wrote:...I'm starting to wonder if I even signed up.. but I'm sure I did.
ditto. fuckers. i'm not getting tf afterall.

*edit: ok, I got it. I forgive them.