VCTF-CTC-Pelea

CTC has made some pretty sweet maps for UT2K4. Download and discuss them here.

Moderators: Admins, Map moderators

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

VCTF-CTC-Pelea

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

Sal and I have been working on a new VCTF map called Pelea. It is on the public and private servers.

UPDATE: New version with delayed respawn on the Paladin. It now spawns 1 minute after it is destroyed.
Download it here: http://www.ctclan.us/maps/VCTF-CTC-Pelea-b3.zip

"The abyss gazes also into you"

x-GAMBIT-x
Cock-docker

Re: New CTC map - Pelea

Post by x-GAMBIT-x »

Looks Perty Good I'll have to try it out later, Nice work Guys.
D/L Maps for CTC Server+More-> http://ctc-map-downloads.synthasite.com
Gambit Just Dealt You The Card of Death!!!!!

Mr Bean
Cock-docker

Post by Mr Bean »

I still need to explore it to figure out where everything is, and where all the portals lead. Kind of hard to do when someone keeps shooting my head off with the LG (ty Jim :wink: )

Visually it was phenominal... as would be expected from these two pros. I think where these guys really shine is lighting, textures / skins, and static mesh creativity.

Layout seems to be good, but it really comes down to... only time will tell.

Jim & Sal, I stand up and applaude you in gratitude and admiration. If you ever wonder if it was worth all the time and work, I think I can speak for the rest of the community in saying yes... ten-fold.

CTC-Salchicha
Cock-docker

Post by CTC-Salchicha »

Thanks Bean. We always appreciate the kind words...and believe me bro, you're a catalyst to my creativity. I see some of the things that you are doing and trying and it makes me see things differently and drives me to churn out something else.

CTC-DPunch will be out soon as well.

Thanks Jim for all of your help!

All hail the Beef!

McShagger
Holy sh*t!

Post by McShagger »

In the CTC tradition, it looks HUGE!!!! Anyway to scale it down? Or here is an idea! Have a couple boost pads by the flag that send you flying towards your base - but the catch is, you are almost certain to die from the fall... This area (and the one on the other side of the map) where you land will become an area of interest to fight over. As a result, it spreads out the areas of focus to more than just the flag areas.

I really dislike the huge maps, because it makes it very hard to adjust where I need to be for my team. Im either all O or all D. Team play generally falls apart on these large maps and become one sided very quickly as people waste time running all over the place attempting to adjust.

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

Shagger, it's actually not that huge. The pics may look it, but I was playing it today and thought how it's actually not that big.

Thanks Mr. Bean for the kind words. What's up with your most recent map? I haven't seen much of it lately.

-T2-
Dominating

Post by -T2- »

Look forward to the DL and giving it a run. :wink:

Mr Bean
Cock-docker

Post by Mr Bean »

[color=#FF0000]CTC-Salchicha[/color] wrote:...CTC-DPunch will be out soon as well.Thanks Jim for all of your help!
badasp & I played on an early alpha version... very cool. I'm looking forward to it.
[color=#FF0000]CTC-JimRimya[/color] wrote:...What's up with your most recent map? I haven't seen much of it lately.
I've made a few minor changes in it. After I get to bot pathing it, I suppose a beta1 is ready (to be honest, I've just been too lazy to do it :lol: ).

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

Mr Bean wrote: I've made a few minor changes in it. After I get to bot pathing it, I suppose a beta1 is ready (to be honest, I've just been too lazy to do it :lol: ).
May I suggest you not worry about pathing? I always do it last and it is especially a pain in the ass with VCTF maps.

McShagger
Holy sh*t!

Post by McShagger »

Played this map last night. Great map! And Jim, you are right, it doesnt feel that big at all. It is a great map to attack on. Very hard to defend if you got attackers coming in from different directions. Its very easy for this map to become one sided: if there are a lot of attackers in the base, you end up spending your energy getting them out before moving on to attack yourself. Often, by the time you've thwarted off the attacks, the next wave is already on its way in. Winning or losing team its Fun stuff!

Just some minor complaints about the map... Teleporters... I dont care for them much. I would like to see jump pads instead. No big deal though. Also, the area under the towers in the middle... Might be more interesting if there was something there... water, adren, amo, boost pads, weapons locker... something. It just looks like there should be something there.

tape`
Dominating

Post by tape` »

dude, this map looks amazing, guess im gonna have to jump on tonight :)

ill give more feedback then..
only time will tell