VCTF-CTC-DPunch

CTC has made some pretty sweet maps for UT2K4. Download and discuss them here.

Moderators: Admins, Map moderators

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

VCTF-CTC-DPunch

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

Inspired by Beltamaxx's BloodBath. This map is set in a futuristic dungeon. It has a secret room with a redeemer that can only be opened and retrieved through teamwork and communication. You'll most likely get manta-raped when playing this map, so don't cry.

We've made some slight changes to this map, and the newest version can be downloaded here.
http://www.vctf.us/maps/VCTF-CTC-DPunch-b3.zip
It will be on the server tonight or tomorrow morning

"The abyss gazes also into you"

CTC-Salchicha
Cock-docker

Re: VCTF-CTC-DPunch

Post by CTC-Salchicha »

Right on man, thanks.

All hail the Beef!

-Id- iot
Dominating

Post by -Id- iot »

I like the textures, what packages did you use?

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

Abadon Architecture, x_cp_evil, cp_evil, and some of the Hell packs. You can open the map up and look for yourself as well. Some of the textures are myLevel'd as well.

-Id- iot
Dominating

Post by -Id- iot »

For some reason, when I select a texture on a BSP, it doesn't show me the correct texture name. In fact, all the textures appear as a single texture, which changes randomly it seems.

The main texture I wanted to know the name of was the one in the second screenshot on the wall indention, the black, tiled texture. I've been looking for a good black texture to use in transitioning between textures and have been unable to find a good one. That one may work.

I seem to have only one H_E_L_L pack. Didn't know there were more. I suppose I have to download them somewhere? I never went to search for texture downloads because I don't know which custom ones the server is hosting.

CTC-Salchicha
Cock-docker

Post by CTC-Salchicha »

It doesn't matter what custom textures the server is using. Once you include them safely into your map, they are in there. I need to walk you through a couple of things before you make a big mistake with textures. Seriously, I found out the hard way. I might even be able to show you how to find the original name of the texture before it becomes a "mylevel" addition.

It will take ten to fifteen minutes to explain, maybe less.

All hail the Beef!

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

To find a texture name, highlight the BSP face in question then press F5 to show the 'surface properties' window. The name of the texture will be shown in the titlebar of the surface properties window. Also, if you use custom meshes or textures, you can embed them in your map. Check out this page on the Unreal Wiki:

http://wiki.beyondunreal.com/Legacy:MyLevel

-Id- iot
Dominating

Post by -Id- iot »

Whenever you're up for it, Sal. I'm on Xfire most evenings.