VCTF-TropopauseThrowdown

CTC has made some pretty sweet maps for UT2K4. Download and discuss them here.

Moderators: Admins, Map moderators

Mr Bean
Cock-docker

VCTF-TropopauseThrowdown

Post by Mr Bean »

VCTF-TropopauseThrowdown is out of beta and finished.
http://files.filefront.com/VCTF+Tropopa ... einfo.html

This map was initiated by myself, but ultimately became a communiy project. Early on I was getting advise and a lot of 'editor help' from JimRimya, Salchicha, Crossier, & Jeffrey. As the map became more developed, the Dynamic Duo unselfishly offered to help out this struggling noob. Jim and Sal got there hands dirty and really pimped it out as was seen in the beta version.

After some feed back, I started a beta 2 (never released). The highly skilled Jeffrey from BBS (formally Titan) hooked me up with the bot-pathing. Every pick-up, weapon, lift, and vehicle is usable by the bots. Jim did a make-over on the interior of the flag bases (very hot). I thought it sucked that the tank couldn't do anything about guarding the flag. I tried various things untill I came up with what you see in the final version. After that I got busy with other stuff and left it alone for a looooong time.

Foot runs were way too hard as it was mostly a manta run map. Id did an awesome job at fixing this with the under base tunnels as well as adjustments of weapons, player starts, pick-ups, vehicles... a whole bunch of odds and ends. Great job Id!

So there you have it. A community developed map. A big thanks to all who contributed to the development of the map including the players for their insight. And a special thank you to JimRimya and Salchicha who saw more in me than I saw in myself. There never would have been "my first map" without there help and support.

CTC-Salchicha
Cock-docker

Re: VCTF-TropopauseThrowdown

Post by CTC-Salchicha »

Aw shucks Bean, I'm all blushing over here. I really like the changes that have been made.

Bro, helping you was a pleasure. I'm serious when I say that we need to collaborate on more projects and I'll get Spacefort to you today sometime after I get home from work.

Jour de beyst!

All hail the Beef!

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

Yeah, looks good Bean. It's on the pub and private now.
"The abyss gazes also into you"

badasp
Holy sh*t!

Post by badasp »

Very nice, indeed. It almost makes me want to take up mapping since, as stated in your sig, "if Bean can do it, how hard can it be?" :D

-Id- iot
Dominating

Post by -Id- iot »

I enjoyed getting to help out, and now I'll enjoy the map even more with the changes made to it. It is very appreciated that you give credit where credit is due, but I still think you should title it MB-TropopauseThrowdown because this was your project and you were the person who drove this map to completion.

Bean, do you know of some way I can get my hands on those static meshes you used under the flag with the circling light? Did you have to mylevel those? As I told you in my PM, I couldn't find them in my own static mesh browser, but I would really like to use them in the future. Actually, it might have been Jim or Sal who placed them in your map. One of you guys know how I can get my hands on these static meshes? I would just copy paste them, but for some odd reason, the blue ones do not appear in the editor for me.

Mr Bean
Cock-docker

Post by Mr Bean »

Jim was the one that did that cool little flag platform. I believe it was just a thin set of cylinder brushes that he textured. That's wierd, because at on time I could move it around myself, then it all of a sudden disappeared in the editor. Try snagging the red one and retexturing it to blue. There's a tab for textures used in the map (not myLevel). The texture should be there. If I am mistaken, and it is a static mesh, then just re-skin it in the static mesh properties.

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

The blue side was hidden and the map saved that way. Just click the 'show all actors' and it will show up.
The mesh is: 'AS_Weapons_SM.Turret.LinkBase'
and I put this texture into the SECOND entry in display->skins: (leave slot 0 at None)
'Bastien.DOMSpecific.ArrowBlue' (arrowRed for red).

But you've probably already figured this all out already!
"The abyss gazes also into you"

x-GAMBIT-x
Cock-docker

Post by x-GAMBIT-x »

Great Map Mr.Bean and all who helped in this version looks like alot of fun
and I like the new features on here good work........
D/L Maps for CTC Server+More-> http://ctc-map-downloads.synthasite.com
Gambit Just Dealt You The Card of Death!!!!!

CTC-PapaSmurf
Holy sh*t!

Post by CTC-PapaSmurf »

Epic carball map?
You just got knocked the smurf out!

badasp
Holy sh*t!

Post by badasp »

CTC-PapaSmurf wrote:Epic carball map?
I think it would make a good carball map, especially the ramps near the base that would require you to drive the ball up the ramp and into the goal. That would be original for sure and certainly a lot of fun. :D

CTC-PapaSmurf
Holy sh*t!

Post by CTC-PapaSmurf »

badasp wrote:
CTC-PapaSmurf wrote:Epic carball map?
I think it would make a good carball map, especially the ramps near the base that would require you to drive the ball up the ramp and into the goal. That would be original for sure and certainly a lot of fun. :D

Indeed sir.. If only we knew the maker of this awesome map.... If only.. If only...
You just got knocked the smurf out!