VCTF-CTC-Ghelari-Facility

CTC has made some pretty sweet maps for UT2K4. Download and discuss them here.

Moderators: Admins, Map moderators

CTC-Salchicha
Cock-docker

VCTF-CTC-Ghelari-Facility

Post by CTC-Salchicha »

Hello folks. Not much fanfare here. The mapping bug hit us again and we went with it.

The Ghelari Facility is a storage yard located on the edge of the habitable zone on the planet Telometo. The facility houses the supplies needed by the miners that mine the nearby foothills for precious Bownherite.

Thank you to all the people that helped refine the map, especially Badasp and Bean.

Download: http://www.ctclan.us/maps/VCTF-CTC-Ghel ... ity-B4.zip

Please report any issues here.

Go, explore, enjoy. Thanks to a great community for inspiring us.

All hail the Beef!

Mr Bean
Cock-docker

Re: VCTF-CTC-Ghelari-Facility

Post by Mr Bean »

Beautiful map Sal. I wish I knew how to do that terrain stuff. Most of the maps out there use repetative textures and static meshes. Your maps are always so refreshing *takes in a deep breath and sighs*. You've been blessed with a creative mind, and use your talent for others enjoyment... what a guy!

I played it on the pub for the first time today. I like those tunnels off to the side. I couldn't even touch the flag with the crowd today, but I'm sure the better player will make good use of it. I'll get you some more feed back after a few more times playing it.

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

CTC-Salchicha wrote:precious Bownherite
LAWL!

** EDit ** Images resized
"The abyss gazes also into you"

Deathstrike
Dominating

Post by Deathstrike »

Great map. The few times I've played it the map finished fast.

I'll get back to you on the feedback, but I just have an itching for the middle building to have a top level. (However that might make it annoying as people can snipe from up top for the whole map.)

I know I had some problems with the weapon placement, but am not sure what exactly. Will relay this to you guys at a later time.

By the way, the basement/underground level is just awesome. Did not notice it until Jim made use of it. :lol:
One more job and then its rio for me. - Badasp (September 11, 2010)

badasp
Holy sh*t!

Post by badasp »

Very nice map. Looks fanstastic and plays great as well. Here are a couple suggestions:

1) Adding a raptor may be a good idea, as it will greatly facilitate getting the super shield on the side building and the deemer on the top of the center building. As it is now, you can only use a manta to get the super shield but the deemer is impossible to get. From what I remember in the last beta, there is a kill volume on the top center building so that will deter people using the raptor to go up to the top and snipe.

2) Unfortunately, manta runs in many ways greatly limit the useage of much of the map, particularly the underground area. The incentive to go down there is low since the map is relatively small and easy to manta run. Maybe adding a tank would help since people can use the underground area to get behind enemy lines and take down the tank. As it is now, the scorpions and bender go down pretty easily and as such the manta gets many easy passes at the flag. Another option would be to take the manta out altogether. The undeground area is perhaps the most unique part of the map and it's a shame it doesn't get any use. Perhaps adding a tank or removing the manta would make it more desirable to use.

Nonetheless, it's a really fun map and thanks for making it. :D

Deathstrike
Dominating

Post by Deathstrike »

badasp wrote:Very nice map. Looks fanstastic and plays great as well. Here are a couple suggestions:

1) Adding a raptor may be a good idea, as it will greatly facilitate getting the super shield on the side building and the deemer on the top of the center building. As it is now, you can only use a manta to get the super shield but the deemer is impossible to get. From what I remember in the last beta, there is a kill volume on the top center building so that will deter people using the raptor to go up to the top and snipe.

2) Unfortunately, manta runs in many ways greatly limit the useage of much of the map, particularly the underground area. The incentive to go down there is low since the map is relatively small and easy to manta run. Maybe adding a tank would help since people can use the underground area to get behind enemy lines and take down the tank. As it is now, the scorpions and bender go down pretty easily and as such the manta gets many easy passes at the flag. Another option would be to take the manta out altogether. The undeground area is perhaps the most unique part of the map and it's a shame it doesn't get any use. Perhaps adding a tank or removing the manta would make it more desirable to use.

Nonetheless, it's a really fun map and thanks for making it. :D
The thing is manta runs can be shut down pretty good if people would start using the avrils like they do in desert combat. A tank/raptor would also be another incentive to get people to use alternative methods. (I thought there was a raptor in the map = the only way to get the deemer, but my assumption is wrong.)

All in all, a solid and fun map. still have not played it since I commented so not sure about the weapons as of now.
One more job and then its rio for me. - Badasp (September 11, 2010)

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

Good ideas for sure. I like the idea of adding a tank and seeing how that goes.

Also, it isn't that hard to get on the roof of the center building with a manta. ;) But, I like the idea of a raptor too.

x-GAMBIT-x
Cock-docker

Post by x-GAMBIT-x »

Looks Great can't wait to get my PC going again to check it out.
D/L Maps for CTC Server+More-> http://ctc-map-downloads.synthasite.com
Gambit Just Dealt You The Card of Death!!!!!

CTC-Salchicha
Cock-docker

Post by CTC-Salchicha »

Thanks for the input folks. A tank seems excessive as I tried to add in a few good defensive positions to defend against manta runs. I guess people have to play D then I suppose, lol. What about adding a Paladin? I will make an easier route to the deemer, but it will only go one way and the pain volume will still be there.

Again, thanks for the support and encouragement.

All hail the Beef!

CTC-Salchicha
Cock-docker

Post by CTC-Salchicha »

Thanks for the suggestions. map has been updated and should be on both servers. B4 includes two new teleporters that take you to the roof, also 7 damage per sec up there so don't hang out too long. It's the radiation, you see.

Paladin has been added to help facilitate defense against manta runs.

I also added a Mr Bean original. Thanks Bean!

All hail the Beef!

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

CTC-Salchicha wrote:also 7 damage per sec up there so don't hang out too long. It's the radiation, you see.
Pain volume causes pain. Avoid the pain volume.

actipper
Flak monkey

Post by actipper »

Thats strange; I went to Telometo for my last vacation right next to Ghelari village. I dont remeber seeing this place there. Are you sure you have the right planet? :)
Good to see some mapping going on. Thx.

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

actipper wrote:Thats strange; I went to Telometo for my last vacation right next to Ghelari village. I dont remeber seeing this place there. Are you sure you have the right planet? :)
Good to see some mapping going on. Thx.
LOL! I think Sal got the name from looking at Google Earth. Where is the real Ghelari?

Mr Bean
Cock-docker

Post by Mr Bean »

"Ghelari is a commune in Hunedoara County, Transylvania, Romania."
- Wikipedia

Oh snap! Vampire stomppin' grounds!

Some_Mate

Post by Some_Mate »

Would be nice to add this to the VM server over here in the UK, either I'm blind or there is no DL link?
Nice looking map! Any chance of an upload, or send it to me and I'll give you a hosted link :D
Thanks!