VCTF-MB-House_v2

CTC has made some pretty sweet maps for UT2K4. Download and discuss them here.

Moderators: Admins, Map moderators

Mr Bean
Cock-docker

VCTF-MB-House_v2

Post by Mr Bean »

A definite nod to Pawka TDI for the cool layout concept that I used...

http://www.mediafire.com/file/jitoyznf4 ... use-v2.ut2
Flag base...

Floor level...

Overhead tunnel...

Secret deemer room...

Ghosted
Cock-docker

Re: VCTF-MB-House_v1

Post by Ghosted »

Great map. Great pace. Great job Bean!
Friend + Friend + Friend - Titanfall = -1

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

Excellent work. I just had a chance to look at it. Are you interested in suggestions? Well, here they are anyway! :)

1. The wildcard base in the center of the map is great. I like the super heated exhausts around it. Maybe those exhausts can case a little pain, just a little owwie if you go get that pick up, like 5-10 per sec.

2. There are no health pickups (besides the vials). If that's how you wanted it, cool, otherwise maybe it could use a couple on each side.

3. The double doors that are to the right of each flag could maybe open a little faster. I get hung up on them, as they open kind of slowly. Again, maybe that's how you wanted it.

Finally, there is a room in the center top of the map (I opened it in the editor). How do you get there? I love the zone portal skins, and the zoning is done well.

Again, great job on a fast, simple map! Did you put it on the servers yet?
"The abyss gazes also into you"

badasp
Holy sh*t!

Post by badasp »

For quite a while now the VM server has had a version of this map called House-Depooed. The textures look similar to yours and the layout is altered a bit, mainly in there being additiional side tunnels. I looked for a link to it but I can't find one, so visit their server and you should be able to find it. They play it a lot.
CTC-JimRimya wrote: Finally, there is a room in the center top of the map (I opened it in the editor). How do you get there? I love the zone portal skins, and the zoning is done well.
One shield pop while in the center-high area will get you up there.

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

badasp wrote:One shield pop while in the center-high area will get you up there.
Oh cool. Got it!

Mr Bean
Cock-docker

Post by Mr Bean »

CTC-JimRimya wrote:Excellent work. I just had a chance to look at it. Are you interested in suggestions? Well, here they are anyway! :)

1. The wildcard base in the center of the map is great. I like the super heated exhausts around it. Maybe those exhausts can case a little pain, just a little owwie if you go get that pick up, like 5-10 per sec.

2. There are no health pickups (besides the vials). If that's how you wanted it, cool, otherwise maybe it could use a couple on each side.

3. The double doors that are to the right of each flag could maybe open a little faster. I get hung up on them, as they open kind of slowly. Again, maybe that's how you wanted it.

Finally, there is a room in the center top of the map (I opened it in the editor). How do you get there? I love the zone portal skins, and the zoning is done well.

Again, great job on a fast, simple map! Did you put it on the servers yet?
Thanks for the feedback... I was looking forward to it! I pretty much like all of your ideas and will put them in version two. It's now on the server. I thought it played pretty well. Fast action, but a little tough to score on. A couple ideas I had were:

1. Remove one manta (very iffy)

2. Do another set of weapon lockers and player starts on the lower level. This should draw some of the defense away from the flag area.

More health pick-ups (as you suggested) and shield pick-ups would definitely help a runner get stacked. I'll try to get it up by tomorrow afternoon.

-------------------------------------------

badasp - I haven't seen the Depooed version. I'll have to check it out.

*edit: I just checked out the Depooed version. I love the carving and static mesh usage.

Ghosted
Cock-docker

Post by Ghosted »

I think the pacing is great. Honestly, it's one of those maps, like bloodbath, where I find myself wanting to play again right after I've played.
Friend + Friend + Friend - Titanfall = -1

Mr Bean
Cock-docker

Post by Mr Bean »

Ghosted wrote:I think the pacing is great. Honestly, it's one of those maps, like bloodbath, where I find myself wanting to play again right after I've played.
Thanks. I don't mean to brag, but I am pretty awesome. Changes have been made as mentioned in the previous post. Both Mantas were left as is however. A few visual changes in the upper tunnel as well. Version 2 is on the Pub.

CTC-Salchicha
Cock-docker

Post by CTC-Salchicha »

Bean, you are awesome, don't try to hide it! Provide it!

All hail the Beef!

Beltamaxx
Holy sh*t!

Re: VCTF-MB-House_v2

Post by Beltamaxx »

Sometimes a little lipstick on a pig don't hurt....he he. Nice job Mr Bean.

vivr
Boom! Headshot!

Post by vivr »

Nice work, I like the Depooed version better though as it allows 2 drop in points by the flag. Maybe extend the tunnel up in your version and have a side drop for foot runners only in to make it different???

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

The link in the first post is broken. You might want to update it with the newest version as well.
Good job, as usual!

Mr Bean
Cock-docker

Post by Mr Bean »

[color=#FF0000]CTC-JimRimya[/color] wrote:The link in the first post is broken. You might want to update it with the newest version as well.
Good job, as usual!
Fixed, thanks.
[color=#FF80FF]vivr[/color] wrote:Nice work, I like the Depooed version better though as it allows 2 drop in points by the flag. Maybe extend the tunnel up in your version and have a side drop for foot runners only in to make it different???
Good point. Once a player goes through those doors, there's no real alternate route. I'll put up a new version tomorrow.