VCTF-MB-AlienArena-v1

CTC has made some pretty sweet maps for UT2K4. Download and discuss them here.

Moderators: Admins, Map moderators

Beltamaxx
Holy sh*t!

Re: VCTF-MB-AlienArena(beta1)

Post by Beltamaxx »

Mr Bean wrote:
vivr wrote:You can bezerk jump out the top and then go chill in the forest with the flag. Not sure if you want that or not :D
LOL! Didn't take you guys long to figure that one out :lol:
Block please?

vivr
Boom! Headshot!

Post by vivr »

I was kicked tonight by Belta for bezerking out the top and dropping the flag to draw out their flag carrier. You should either fix this map or tell your admins to stack bezerk themselves and come out there and kill me. Not a hard map to get full adren on. I'd prefer you gave admin powers to someone who doesn't abuse them as well //

mudpuppet
Holy sh*t!

Post by mudpuppet »

Beltamaxx wrote:
Mr Bean wrote:
vivr wrote:You can bezerk jump out the top and then go chill in the forest with the flag. Not sure if you want that or not :D
LOL! Didn't take you guys long to figure that one out :lol:
Block please?
aw , I already got two caps with that sneak . It's difficult , requires second wall pop when clearing ceiling , for me .
Yet , maybe I'm just doing it wrong .

vapor
Holy sh*t!

Post by vapor »

vivr wrote: I'd prefer you gave admin powers to someone who doesn't abuse them as well //
can i have it....can i have it....can i have it

i promise i wont abuse any powers, scouts honor

Ghosted
Cock-docker

Post by Ghosted »

vapor wrote:
vivr wrote: I'd prefer you gave admin powers to someone who doesn't abuse them as well //
can i have it....can i have it....can i have it

i promise i wont abuse any powers, scouts honor
anal scouts have no honor
Friend + Friend + Friend - Titanfall = -1

Mr Bean
Cock-docker

Post by Mr Bean »

Thanks for the interest and input of this community map. The issues have been addressed with a nice suprise above the playing field. Blocking volumes have not been placed, and above Arena play is at one's own discretion. The current version is out of beta and on the public server.

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: VCTF-MB-AlienArena-v1

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

Very nice, Bean. A good solution for sure.
"The abyss gazes also into you"

WarDad71
Cock-docker

Post by WarDad71 »

Mr Bean wrote:...with a nice suprise above the playing field.
Pic of purty Asian gurl a la EG? :mrgreen:

vivr
Boom! Headshot!

Post by vivr »

I think you really did the map a disservice with the turrets up there. That small of a map really benefited from the additional Y axis play. As is, it's just a spam map when the server is full now. I would recommend one of two things to improve the map, completely up to you:

1. Take it back to the old version but extend down the walls on top just a hair so you can full shield jump and then pop a wall shield jump to get up there. Not too difficult and requires some health stacking.
2. My less favorite alternative would be to remove one of the windows on the side hallway and put a jump pad in the jungle leading up there. If you do this I would at least add a few minor things up there for cover.

Ghosted
Cock-docker

Post by Ghosted »

vivr wrote:I think you really did the map a disservice with the turrets up there. That small of a map really benefited from the additional Y axis play. As is, it's just a spam map when the server is full now. I would recommend one of two things to improve the map, completely up to you:

1. Take it back to the old version but extend down the walls on top just a hair so you can full shield jump and then pop a wall shield jump to get up there. Not too difficult and requires some health stacking.
2. My less favorite alternative would be to remove one of the windows on the side hallway and put a jump pad in the jungle leading up there. If you do this I would at least add a few minor things up there for cover.
Except maybe 10% of players could shield jump that. Might be fun for you, but not for the other team who might have no realistic way of get up there, not to mention knowing the spot.

badasp
Holy sh*t!

Post by badasp »

Ghosted wrote:
vivr wrote:I think you really did the map a disservice with the turrets up there. That small of a map really benefited from the additional Y axis play. As is, it's just a spam map when the server is full now. I would recommend one of two things to improve the map, completely up to you:

Except maybe 10% of players could shield jump that. Might be fun for you, but not for the other team who might have no realistic way of get up there, not to mention knowing the spot.
Dumbing things down isn't going to help anything; it takes away gameplay options from the map and discourages people from learning new methods of play. I didn't even know about the route in question and I don't beserk-jump myself, but I think it's cool there's something in place for people to use the skills they spent time to acquire. If people are upset over others performing maneuvers they can't do then maybe their time would be better spent learning rather than complaining.

Beltamaxx
Holy sh*t!

Post by Beltamaxx »

Ghosted wrote:

This is for the 90% that don't know how and may want to learn. It's an older version (vCTF-(00)_Newb_TrainingGroundz_b2.ut2), but it works great for learning shield jumping. If you have any question or need help learning, just PM me, I'll help you.

http://www.mediafire.com/?14so8a5hpppopt8

Ghosted
Cock-docker

Post by Ghosted »

badasp wrote:
Ghosted wrote:

Dumbing things down isn't going to help anything; it takes away gameplay options from the map and discourages people from learning new methods of play. I didn't even know about the route in question and I don't beserk-jump myself, but I think it's cool there's something in place for people to use the skills they spent time to acquire. If people are upset over others performing maneuvers they can't do then maybe their time would be better spent learning rather than complaining.
I don't want to get into a shit fight here, but you realize you are talking about an exploit the mapper ended up fixing right? Do you think I'm upset at mudpuppet/vivr/etc for knowing how to shield jump? No, I actually respect that, as it's a cool skill. It's also a skill I don't really want to invest the time in learning.

If I was into shield jumping I'd play trials and I wouldn't bitch about all the other people shield jumping where I couldn't. I'm not calling out the skill, but the fact that this particular exploit puts almost an entire team in a spot where they *cannot* return the flag. This breaks up the game flow and makes it less fun for the majority of players.

Think about this. You log 40+hrs a week gaming and have well over 1000hrs in UT alone and you are saying you wouldn't be able to exploit this because you haven't learned it.. but you expect casuals to pick up a difficult and rarely practical skill? For what?

The idea of fun got lost somewhere in there. Smells like troll bait to me.

Mr Bean
Cock-docker

Post by Mr Bean »

I love maps with those cool bezerk jumping routes. I love watching people do that stuff and I appreciate their hard earned talent (like EJ). I've always wanted to get with some of those players to design a vctf map with those options. As for AlienArena... it's not one of those maps. It's a small spammy map for a small group.

No matter what, people will have different opinions. I love it when people like vivr give their flat out honest opinion. It gives me ideas, and helps me to know what you guys want. It's not like I spend all this time so I can play them myself. This is a kick ass community that fills the server EVERY night. I love hangin with you knuckle heads. Thanks for the good games and good times. Peace.

vapor
Holy sh*t!

Post by vapor »

possible solutions:
put a jumpad behind that wall where u spawn. I personally like the idea of making the map play on two levels.

or

put a raptor behind that wall and allow it to fly up there

or

just put a small health drain like on bloodbath up high if you dont want campers

or

put a couple mantas in

or

do the opposite of what ghosted wants