Cleaned my "Package(s)"

General discussion about UT2004

Moderator: Admins

WarDad71
Cock-docker

Cleaned my "Package(s)"

Post by WarDad71 »

Got temp kicked today for having a Grampa Simpson voice pack in my system folder :oops: It's been there since I reinstalled UT - also a Homer package....I use these messing around with the kids on the LAN. This has happened one other time with Hawkeye on a different server. Just a heads up for anyone who might mess around with voice packs and stuff - might be best just to keep em out altogether. :wink:

-T2-
Dominating

Re: Cleaned my "Package(s)"

Post by -T2- »

Yes, I removed my purepwnage sound pack also. Never fun to get the boot from a match when you have the flag or are about to return yours. The worst part is that I can never get back in after that. Very frustrating to say the least.

MLK
Dominating

Post by MLK »

I clean my package sometimes too. There's this hose outside...

Mr Bean
Cock-docker

Post by Mr Bean »

I've had the homer sound package installed for about 4 months. So far so good. Although I never use it, so I might as well delete it.

Last night I installed an 'Agent Smith' model. Pretty cool. Too bad you can't see me as Smith on your end.
Last edited by Mr Bean on Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

CTC-Darth
Dominating

Post by CTC-Darth »

Even if you dont get kicked from a server it seems that you increase the chance of having UT crash to your desktop if you have too many specialty packages,etc... At least that's my experience and you only crash when you have the flag or a very high score, lol!

[RGC]CrYsTaL
Killing Spree

Post by [RGC]CrYsTaL »

I'll be able to see you Mr.Bean!!! I have over 100 skins installed in my computer for UT2k4. It's great! I hate seeing Jakobs!! I also have about 7 voice packs and haven't had any problems with any server to date and I play on a lot of different servers. As long as server with Anti TCC has their setting turned off for skins, I'm ok. Just my two cents from 3 years experience in game. :D

The only skin that I know of that gives all servers problems is the Professor Farnsworth skin. It has a built in hack in it and will kick you from any server with anti-tcc.

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

Good point, Crystal. I have skin checks off on AntiTCC as it makes you take much longer to 'validate' with them on. Too bad about the Farnsworth skin... besides Zoidberg, he's my fave character on Futurama! LOL!
"The abyss gazes also into you"

Mr Bean
Cock-docker

Post by Mr Bean »

Yeah... Agent Smith is the coolest player skin I've seen. Here's the download link if anyone's interested:

http://files.filefront.com/Agent+Smith/ ... einfo.html

KillgoreTrout
Rocket spammer

Post by KillgoreTrout »

yah boo!
I have the supermegacarl from ATHF and apparently once every ten matches the anti hack software kicks me off. The first time I got kicked it I cleaned my cach and was back in. But I was playing for over an hour today then suddenly boom! i got kicked once again for having the ultramegacarl voicepak. I can take carl off if I have to but whats going on with this selective kicking? If it was a hack, then why wouldn't it kick me every time.
I would have been pwning everybody until it detected it. But in the beginning of every match, it says rite there in the bottom left of my screen that I was verified successfully and you can ask the creator of the skin & voicepak the great "rumpleforskin" that its not a hack.

Now I never used a hack before so I don't know, can you imbed a hack into a voicepak? If its turned off for skins, then how aboot voicepaks ay?