Other free games

Latest news and general discussion.

Moderator: Admins

Knave_Skye
Cock-docker

Other free games

Post by Knave_Skye »

I know ive mentioned to some of you that I know a decent ammount about free online games. I just thought i would throw a couple out there to see if anyone had any desire to try some of the ones i have found in the past. Some are fun but got stale fast because I didnt know anyone in them, and the ones that fit the mmorpg genre really depend on that. So without any more comment, the games:

Grand Chase
http://grandchase.ntreev.net/Download/gamedownload.aspx
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7lN51zQ6AWA&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7lN51zQ6AWA&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kw9Sz_vUfdk&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kw9Sz_vUfdk&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]
This is one of the ones I stuck with the longest. It has a good balance of Dungeon Crawling and PVP (4 player dungeons and 6 player pvp)and I was on a bit of a 2D kick at the time, but i loaded it up the other day and a decent amount has been added since i left about a year ago. To sum it up its a 2D side scrolling/Platform Brawler. 3 characters are available initially, and 5 more can be unlocked through questing(4 Female, 4 male). Each character(most) have 4 jobs that can be unlocked as you progress, each playing considerably different from the other, but not necissarily more powerful. If you can look past the somewhat cutesy appearance and the fact that the 3 starting characters are all female, its a pretty fun game.

Rakion:
http://rakion.softnyx.net/Guide/Install.aspx
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/R7S7msIWj4Y&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/R7S7msIWj4Y&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/youtube]
So this one is in 3D and its been moer like 2 years wince i have played it, the PVE is a little less engaging, but the pvp is pretty fun. You have 5 classes and everything is instanced, same as grand chase. The quests are all time based and rated on speed. The pvp mode most play is interesting...its called golem. The closest thing i can think to relate it too is Onslaught. You have a golden golem mid map and a golem at each teams base. Each team rushes to the middle to kill the golem(it has 2 sperate health bars for each team) and the player that kills it turns gold. That player is now the only one that can damage the enemies golem, so the offensive team is trying to defend their golden player while the defensive team is trying to kill the gold player, which will respawn the golden golem in the middle.

I would add Dungeons and Dragons:Eberron to the list, but its still in beta and I get the feeling not too many here are interested in a real MMO. This game was one that required a subscription until now, they are going to switch to a microtransaction model where you can buy little perks here and there but the game is still fully playable without spending anything. I beleive it goes live sometime in september, so i will post more when that happens. So...if anyone is interested in either of these games(preferably Grand Chase) let me know.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Bix61McViIs&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Bix61McViIs&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]
Last edited by Knave_Skye on Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live."
-- Norman Cousins
<{CTC}> Knave_Skye

Ghosted
Cock-docker

Re: Other free games

Post by Ghosted »

Nice, im gonna check out that first one.
Friend + Friend + Friend - Titanfall = -1

lil Sin
Holy sh*t!

Post by lil Sin »

nice Skye thx so much your awesome :D

Ghosted
Cock-docker

Post by Ghosted »

grand chase doesn't support my controller and the mouse offset is broken :( im gonna go cry in a corner now

Dubya
Holy sh*t!

Post by Dubya »

Fail games....Time to go play some batman
No...

Knave_Skye
Cock-docker

Post by Knave_Skye »

Dubya wrote:Fail games....Time to go play some batman
(edit) way to remove your origional post of American Army 3(/edit)
Yah...i remember playing the first one breifly in 2003...didnt touch the series after. I avoided puting up shooters since alot of people have said that if they want to play a shooter, they will play ut2k4(gunz/s4 league). I still think some of you might enjoy these games if you gave them a try...both have the ability to advance purely through fighting other people...since some of you are offended/embarrased to play a game with "quests" and "monsters" (but nali and scaarj and titans are ok). Also i guess 2D automatically makes a game worthless as well, so anyone who ever had fond memories of the 80's and 90's gaming...turns out those games were all terrible and you just didnt realize it yet. Just a heads up though, ut2k4 and every game you are currently playing are terrible.....you will realize this in about 10-20 years.
"Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live."
-- Norman Cousins
<{CTC}> Knave_Skye

lil Sin
Holy sh*t!

Post by lil Sin »

Rune
Decent 1,2,3
Quake 1,2,3
Quake arena
No One Lives forever 1 and 2
Rome total War
Dues Ex 1 and 2
Vice City
Half Life
Thief
Grand Theft Auto
Mass Effect
COD 1,2,3,4
BioShock
all of the Unreal Tournament Series

I am completely addicted to 2k4 that's a fact! :D

These are all the games i have played through my gaming career :D i think i did ok for a girl :D

Knave_Skye
Cock-docker

Post by Knave_Skye »

lil Sin wrote:Rune
Decent 1,2,3
Quake 1,2,3
Quake arena
No One Lives forever 1 and 2
Rome total War
Dues Ex 1 and 2
Vice City
Half Life
Thief
Grand Theft Auto
Mass Effect
COD 1,2,3,4
BioShock
all of the Unreal Tournament Series

I am completely addicted to 2k4 that's a fact! :D

These are all the games i have played through my gaming career :D i think i did ok for a girl :D
Rune was one of my favorite games to play online for a while...nothing like arena matches and cuting someones arm off...just to pick it up and throw it at them =) The Descent series was before my time with PC gaming..though the console versions were fun...missed most of quake...got to play a little quake 2 at friends house(I vaguely remember having to look up IP addresses online and then typing them into the game) and a little quake 3 arena. I regret missing the Deus Ex and Thief series, I think i would have enjoyed them..maybe one day ill sit down and play them. GTA never appealed to me much, but the latest entry(GTA 4) was enjoyable. Mass Effect was awesome...cant wait for the next game in the trilogy...same goes for bioshock. CoD was never much interest to me since im not much for War games. But yes, you are the most experienced female gamer I know...which is a short list.
-- Norman Cousins
<{CTC}> Knave_Skye

Deathstrike
Dominating

Post by Deathstrike »

I clocked in over 100,000 kills in Americas Army. The game will be too slow for the likes of Badasp and most of the people here though. I have not played since Americas Army 2.0 and even then I played if for a little at a time. Most of my efforts were during Americas Army 1.6. The cool thing about Americas Army was that we got to see the emblem of anyone who was playing that was or were part of our armed service whether it be the army, navy, air force, etc.

I always thought that we should get our money's worth as taxpayers footing the bill for the game. It's kind of funny too since the game was an international hit; there were many playing from different countries around the world and even the official tracker was located in the Netherlands.

The good old days. :D
One more job and then its rio for me. - Badasp (September 11, 2010)

lil Sin
Holy sh*t!

Post by lil Sin »

Deathstrike wrote:I clocked in over 100,000 kills in Americas Army. The game will be too slow for the likes of Badasp and most of the people here though. I have not played since Americas Army 2.0 and even then I played if for a little at a time. Most of my efforts were during Americas Army 1.6. The cool thing about Americas Army was that we got to see the emblem of anyone who was playing that was or were part of our armed service whether it be the army, navy, air force, etc.

I always thought that we should get our money's worth as taxpayers footing the bill for the game. It's kind of funny too since the game was an international hit; there were many playing from different countries around the world and even the official tracker was located in the Netherlands.

The good old days. :D

i had a good friend who lived for AA he was addicted like im addicted to 2k4 he loved it :D

Ghosted
Cock-docker

Post by Ghosted »

The bug with the mouse offset in Grand Chase was due to my task bar being at the top of my monitor. Moving it back to the bottom fixed the offset issue. Played with a friend tonight, it's pretty fun :)

Knave_Skye
Cock-docker

Post by Knave_Skye »

Ghosted wrote:The bug with the mouse offset in Grand Chase was due to my task bar being at the top of my monitor. Moving it back to the bottom fixed the offset issue. Played with a friend tonight, it's pretty fun :)
Its definately more fun with a controller, too bad you said yours wouldnt work...i know there is aliasing software out there that will translate a controller press to a keyboard stroke so you can trick the game into thinking you are playing with a keyboard even though you are using a controller. (edit) Ok, i guess the two i remembered are now not free =(
-- Norman Cousins
<{CTC}> Knave_Skye

actipper
Flak monkey

Post by actipper »

Oh well, I've got to really haven't I ;)
This is the game I play on line most.
http://assault.cubers.net/
It really is a great game but like all Open Source games it has it's problems; lots of very young players who just download it because it's free and dont have a clue how to play.
It's very fast, can be played on just about any kit and great fun.
This is the main forum
http://assault.cubers.net/forum/
And this is my clan page
http://www.des.designweapon.com/bb/

Most days you can find me on quakenet irc #assaultcube. just give me a shout.

If any of you are interested please feel free to drop by the DES clan page and introduce yourselves. And, if anyone wants to get to know the game a bit without the hassle of stumbling around the public servers, let me know at my clan page and I'll be happy to give you some time with some of my clan mates on a match server. Clan DES has about 25 active players ranging in age from 54 to 15. Needless to say I'm on the high end of the range ;)

SMR
Holy sh*t!

Post by SMR »

Rock Paper Scissors, red rocket, red rover, tag, etc

lil Sin
Holy sh*t!

Post by lil Sin »

SMR wrote:Rock Paper Scissors, red rocket, red rover, tag, etc

dont forget (pass it on), and (spin the bottle) :D