Latest news and general discussion.

Moderator: Admins

McShagger
Holy sh*t!

Re: Avatar

Post by McShagger »

If you havent seen this movie yet, GO SEE IT. Bottom line - Its way bigger than starwars and much better than any video game. Im going to buy the video game as soon as I get a chance. I will see Avatar again some time soon. The action is awesome. All the Pandora creatures will sell toys till the end of time. Incredibly, the Pandora planet creation is ingenious and will keep you entertained for sure. I even thought the love story was very good. Final note, if long movies keep you away from the theater, dont let it keep you away from Avatar.

McShagger
Holy sh*t!

Post by McShagger »

Oh yeah, and try to sit a quite few rows closer than you usually do. This was my first 3D movie and it was pretty cool, but I think if you sit closer, it will probably pop better. At least, when I went to the movie theater convention last year and checked out a small 3D theater it really popped there. Fish were swimming pretty close to me and at one point a sea turtle swam right by me. I sat pretty much in the middle for avatar and while it was good, none of the 3D got close to me.

Mr Bean
Cock-docker

Post by Mr Bean »

Went to go see this with my daughter today. I took Shag's advice and sat closer tham usual. Can't remember the last time seeing a movie this good. Definitely 10's across the board... story line, acting, special effects... EVERYTHING! I'm glad to have gone to see this.

ru_exp
Cock-docker

Post by ru_exp »

I bought my tickets online for IMAX 3D tomorrow morning @ 9 AM.

I am skeptical but hope to enjoy it... :twisted:

ru_exp
Cock-docker

Post by ru_exp »

Okay, I saw it.

Visually the most stunning movie I have ever seen...superceding the point of being surreal. IMAX 3D is like whoa!

The story line was the most intriguing thing to me. Behind the underlying plot of the love story was essentially the story of cocacolonization/imperialism.

Great movie over all...the story could have been much stronger but I honestly believed that he relied on the visuals to tell the story. Great job with that!

BONUS
Killing Spree

Post by BONUS »

Ive been waiting since opening for the IMAX theatre to have some tickets. As big as the theatre near me is, they have even started parking on the grass. I never seen this type of turn out for an IMAX movie. Cant wait to see it.

Harry_Potter
Boom! Headshot!

Post by Harry_Potter »

Thanks for the info guys, I will go see it myself as well. However, is the IMAX worth/way better than the standard version? I ask cuz the last IMAX I saw was my own, Harry Potter and the half blood prince. Personally on a comparison level, It wasn't a big of a deal, it was more like; WTF...$22 for this shit?

ru_exp
Cock-docker

Post by ru_exp »

Harry_Potter wrote:Thanks for the info guys, I will go see it myself as well. However, is the IMAX worth/way better than the standard version? I ask cuz the last IMAX I saw was my own, Harry Potter and the half blood prince. Personally on a comparison level, It wasn't a big of a deal, it was more like; WTF...$22 for this shit?

In short the answer to your question is HELL YEAH!!

The visuals from AVATAR will make you forget that you ever scene a 3D before this. Absolutely nothing like it ever. My advice would be go to a super early show on Saturday. It cost me $9..50 a ticket or something. Unfortunely the theatre was still packed at that time of the morning.

McShagger
Holy sh*t!

Post by McShagger »

Just went to see in Imax 3d. Wow, love that big screen. The 3D seemed a few notches better too, but even so, its not necessary to see this movie in an Imax theater. I was still blown away by the story, visuals and messages behind the story even though I already knew them. I will see this movie again a few more times and one of those times will be in a non 3d theater...

Did I mention, its bigger than starwars?

x-GAMBIT-x
Cock-docker

Post by x-GAMBIT-x »

Man I couldn't go see it this weekend it was sold out.
I'll have to get my Ticket online and catch it later.
D/L Maps for CTC Server+More-> http://ctc-map-downloads.synthasite.com
Gambit Just Dealt You The Card of Death!!!!!

Ghosted
Cock-docker

Post by Ghosted »

McShagger wrote:I was still blown away by the story, visuals and messages behind the story even though I already knew them.
Friend + Friend + Friend - Titanfall = -1

WeedVulture
Holy sh*t!

Post by WeedVulture »

lmao!

ru_exp
Cock-docker

Post by ru_exp »

WeedVulture wrote:lmao!

Did you see it Weed?

WeedVulture
Holy sh*t!

Post by WeedVulture »

yea! i seent it. good stuff.

Harry_Potter
Boom! Headshot!

Post by Harry_Potter »

Ghost........ whicked!!!!!! Awesome note.

I went to go see it in iMAX last night. Guys you were all right, Over all, it is freakn SUPERB/out of this world, well of-course.