I'm wondering what CTC thinks about changing ini settings?

Latest news and general discussion.

Moderator: Admins

Judge Dredd Lox

I'm wondering what CTC thinks about changing ini settings?

Post by Judge Dredd Lox »

There have been a couple of new players here recently and it's obvious that they have changed settings because they can switch weapons and shoot faster than is possible. I've read that to do this they changed ini settings. Is this true? They can actually change and switch weapons and shoot again faster than I can even shoot one weapon. To me this is cheating and I'm just wondering what you guys think about it? I also noticed a very bizarre thing happening from one of these same people. I was flying very high over a map and he was the only one shooting at me, I could acually see the shots. I immediatly looked to my armor and watched in amazement at it going away in less than a second as if four or five people were hitting me. He was shooting me with the shock rifle but it was shooting really quickly like the minigun. I will hold off from calling him a botter because maybe I was missing something but if it happens again I will post it here. BTW, it's obvious that these guys were very good. However, when you start messing with settings to get an edge on your opponent it just makes me want to go elsewhere to play and CTC rocks.

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: I'm wondering what CTC thinks about changing ini settings?

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

Interesting, Judge. I actually thought the same exact thing earlier today! One thing about the rapid-fire shock rifle with you in the raptor: he could have had the berserk combo on... who knows. I think Antitcc will stop the fast weapon switching, and unfortunately I think I'll have to put it on the server very soon. Judge, if you remember names, can you PM them to me?

Thanks!
"The abyss gazes also into you"

-T2-
Dominating

Post by -T2- »

What is "fast" weapon switching? How do you switch weapons? Do you bind a key? Am I missing something?

Unfortunately, antitcc will only catch the doobers.

Beltamaxx
Holy sh*t!

Post by Beltamaxx »

As far as I know you can not increase your shot rate, but, you can "pipeswitch", this increases the speed of switching weapons. I use several pipeswitches.

Mr Bean
Cock-docker

Post by Mr Bean »

Interesting Judge... I was also suspicious of some botting today so I jotted down some information (names, maps, time, etc;) and pm'ed it to Jim.

Are there downsides of anti-TCC? :?

CTC-PapaSmurf
Holy sh*t!

Post by CTC-PapaSmurf »

Why don't we start posting about known tweaks, tips and tricks so we can determine what is blackhat and what is not. I don't mind if someone has keybinds, pipeswitches etc. What would be cool is to gather some of these tricks to make them available to everybody. I have been making a list of all the known working Aimbots, Wallhacks, Radars etc.. There are some that are completely undetectable even with current anti-cheat stuff turned on. I am going to be working with Jim and Sal on the private server to see how we can start detecting and blocking this shite... Anyway.. post the good stuff you know here!
You just got knocked the smurf out!

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

Good idea Papa.
"The abyss gazes also into you"

x-GAMBIT-x
Cock-docker

Post by x-GAMBIT-x »

I have no clue on what any of that stuff is or how they even get it to work.
Keep up the good work though.
D/L Maps for CTC Server+More-> http://ctc-map-downloads.synthasite.com
Gambit Just Dealt You The Card of Death!!!!!

-T2-
Dominating

Post by -T2- »

Do you have server side demos running on the server? If not I recommend it. Record every match and if there is a serious accusation, then we can go to the tape.

Shockbait.
Rocket spammer

Post by Shockbait. »

I can find a full tweak guide for you guys if you don't already have one, back when I was in competitive TAM it was pretty necessary to out-tweak the other guy in .ini terms. Most of them are really annoying in vctf so I don't have them, I don't even use the pipeswitches anymore. But I do remember shocktaping you're raptor about 50 times yesterday on mass Dredd, but all that is is holding down primary fire with a shock rifle.

CTC-PapaSmurf
Holy sh*t!

Post by CTC-PapaSmurf »

That would be cool shockbait. No worries here. CTC does not have any problems with great players. We WILL NOT ban or kick people for being too good. Even if times it seems that they are so good that they are cheating. Any bans made by CTC will be recorded and will require a 100% vote from clan members. We enjoy the challenge that comes with good players. Please enjoy the CTC server. We love playin' with you guys. Frag on!

Please post any tips/tweaks/etc. here. If there is alot of them, I will split them into a new thread.
You just got knocked the smurf out!

Shockbait.
Rocket spammer

Post by Shockbait. »

http://www.tweakguides.com/UT2004_1.html - A lot of useful information, but only if you have a lot of time to read. A lot more to do with setting up the game, rather than playing it.

http://www.madhookup.com/main/ut2k4.shtml#tweaks - This is where I get most of my tweaks, probably the best site out there for this information. Just remember to backup any .ini file before you mess with it.

EDIT: A few tips I posted on another forum, mainly my mental gameplan.
In vctf, 90% of the time, you will be fighting someone with only 100 health and no shields, that in mind, if you have a shock and sniper/LG, everyone you face is 2 shots from dead. I normally open ever fight with a lightning, if it hits, and I see they have no shield(you can tell by the yellow glow when you hit them, if they have any) that they are now either at 30 health, or 130 health, so I switch to shock, if I hit and they dont go down, they're at 90, which means back to LG, then mini/link to finish. If they have shield, I don't bother health counting, I just shocktape.

When fighting a charging manta, avrils are nice, but if it's closing directly in on you, lob a few shockballs at it to slow it down, once its nearly stationary, hold primary fire on it and within a few shots it will be in full retreat or dead.

If you have the misfortune to dodge around a corner and meet a tank, instead of moving away, you have a better chance of getting up close, once you're up close, get behind whichever section is opposite the turrets facing, and circle strafe while pounding it, preferably with flak, you should be able to outrun the turret, just pay attention if it switches directions.

To kill raptors... really all you need is a shock rifle, raptors are the most predictable vehicles in the game, all you do is point, hold primary fire, and trace it through the sky.

You shouldn't have any trouble with hellbenders or scorpions. if someone is actually naive enough to try to run you over, just load up rockets and wait.

Hope this helped somebody, happy fraggin'.

emc.johnnie
Killing Spree

Post by emc.johnnie »

http://madhookup.com/main/ut2k4.shtml

heres the site i used when i first got the game ... and it has helped me ever since. it does have some interesting info in it about binds and stuff.