MAPPING TUTORIAL

Discuss VCTF in both UT2004 and UT3

Moderator: Admins

mrsmith
Rocket spammer

MAPPING TUTORIAL

Post by mrsmith »

hEY guys iam intrested in learning to design maps. Can you guys tell me if there're any websites that gives step by step guide. any help will be appriciated thanks.

Beltamaxx
Holy sh*t!

Re: MAPPING TUTORIAL

Post by Beltamaxx »

Check your PMs.

McShagger
Holy sh*t!

Post by McShagger »

Why didnt you post it here? I might be interested too..

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

Check this link:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=76
"The abyss gazes also into you"

«ßîc»EJ`
Dominating

Post by «ßîc»EJ` »

McShagger wrote:Why didnt you post it here? I might be interested too..
lolz, it was secret sexual pms

Mr Bean
Cock-docker

Post by Mr Bean »

mrsmith wrote:hEY guys iam intrested in learning to design maps. Can you guys tell me if there're any websites that gives step by step guide. any help will be appriciated thanks.
Don't you already make maps? I could have sworn I saw you name on 1945, and Bania.

!nfo.
Goo sniper

Post by !nfo. »

Mr Bean wrote:
mrsmith wrote:hEY guys iam intrested in learning to design maps. Can you guys tell me if there're any websites that gives step by step guide. any help will be appriciated thanks.
Don't you already make maps? I could have sworn I saw you name on 1945, and Bania.
1945: KingShinoobi - European
bania: Mr.Sm1th (different Smith) - European
Masterbation is like procrastination, you only end up screwing yourself.

Lazy.Pirate
Shock jockey

Post by Lazy.Pirate »

If you're going to make a map please actually make a map... taking an existing map and changin the textures doesnt really do a whole lot of good. mostly its just a waste of time... unless the map is just down right fugly and you actually spend time to make it look really nice so it doesnt make people vomit every time they play it, then it can be a nice change.

if you feel you can IMPROVE a map, go for it. add stuff, take away, move around, etc...

overall mapping is actually quite simple once you can grasp a few simple concepts about what it is your actually doing.

i'd say check out the 3dbuzz tutorsals that came with the bonus DVD version of 2k4, they walk you though really well of learning the basics... and each tutorial is broken into 10 minute segments which make it nice if you dont want to absorb alot of imfo at once.
VCTF Public Service Announcement
Please keep in mind you are NOT allowed to make good OR bad comments on maps without having made one yourself. Thank you.
This has been a VCTF Public Service Announcement.

-T2-
Dominating

Post by -T2- »

For those that do not have the tutorials that came on the bonus DVD I can host them for DL if you like - full res. Just let me know.

Mr Bean
Cock-docker

Post by Mr Bean »

Lazy.Pirate wrote:i'd say check out the 3dbuzz tutorsals that came with the bonus DVD version of 2k4, they walk you though really well of learning the basics... and each tutorial is broken into 10 minute segments which make it nice if you dont want to absorb alot of imfo at once.
I agree. I opened the 3dbuzz tut's and UTeditor at the same time. They show you step by step how to make a simple map (and then later on more complex maps). I'm kind of slow with that stuff so I'd pause the video after each step and do what they did. Once I could make a silmple map I'd dig up info on more functions. Jim and Sal are pros at it (Jim denies it though). Jim's been real cool about helping me when I get stumped.