Post by CTC-Salchicha »

So, any good ideas for a map or two :?:

All hail the Beef!

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Maps and the sort

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

I was thinking of a map that has two flags, some stuff in the middle, and you fight the other team in order to win.
What do you think?

No, but seriously. I do have some ideas for maps. I might re-visit the ziggurat idea, but make it a lot smaller! LOL!
"The abyss gazes also into you"

CTC-Salchicha
Cock-docker

Post by CTC-Salchicha »

I totally see where you're going with this. I think you're describing a tussle. A warlike and violent example of how humanity has gone wrong. One team victorious, dominant over the lesser, weak team. A right nutting. Brilliant!

I'm going to research a few old efforts as well. There may be something worth scrapping now with our leet skillz! :wink:

All hail the Beef!

mudpuppet
Holy sh*t!

Post by mudpuppet »

dmn good job on the new map , Thinking it was called xtown . Nice layout and graphics . Is that new , ctc original ? Only problem is , I got no one to play with , but them bully bots . lol . Messin my swagger , laughin at me and such not . Hope to see it full . yer skills and freetime are a gift to degenerates everywhere .

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

mudpuppet wrote:dmn good job on the new map , Thinking it was called xtown . Nice layout and graphics . Is that new , ctc original ? Only problem is , I got no one to play with , but them bully bots . lol . Messin my swagger , laughin at me and such not . Hope to see it full . yer skills and freetime are a gift to degenerates everywhere .
Yeah, XTown Conflict. That's SalChicha's newest map. You've also seen Fire and Ice. I'm gonna see if BiteMe will put them on the HOG Run Like Hell server. I've got another in the works as well. It's only to early beta stage, but I want to see how it plays.

CTC-Salchicha
Cock-docker

Post by CTC-Salchicha »

I want to run a fog version of it for Jim and see what he thinks. I like it better. Will be done soon!

Thanks Mud!

All hail the Beef!

WarDad71
Cock-docker

Post by WarDad71 »

I can think of at least a few maps that had pretty good balance as far as layout, being able to capture on foot, manta, vehicle etc. Will see if i can find them on my old PIII and throw some names out here.

Mr Bean
Cock-docker

Post by Mr Bean »

Is there a place in the forum with an active CTC map list. I don't want to suggest a map that's already on the server :oops:

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

Mr Bean wrote:Is there a place in the forum with an active CTC map list. I don't want to suggest a map that's already on the server :oops:
No, there currently is not a list, so suggest away and I'll put it on. Give me a download link too.

Mr Bean
Cock-docker

Post by Mr Bean »

VCTF-DockyardStorage
VCTF-[pbg]-LegoSpaceBase2k6
VCTF-Antropolis
VCTF-00Genophat
VCTF-KHz-Pond
VCTF-NoParking

Some of thes may be on the server already, but I just haven't noticed them. They are all downloadable from: http://www.unrealplayground.com/forums/ ... =cat&id=16

x-GAMBIT-x
Cock-docker

Post by x-GAMBIT-x »

:idea:
D/L Maps for CTC Server+More-> http://ctc-map-downloads.synthasite.com
Gambit Just Dealt You The Card of Death!!!!!

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

Bean,
A couple of these are on the server, and I just downloaded the rest. I'll have them up tomorrow.

Mr Bean
Cock-docker

Post by Mr Bean »

LOL!!! I like your signature pic Jim :lol:

McShagger
Holy sh*t!

Post by McShagger »

Sal, I got a good ida for a map... Called Adrenaline Fields.... Catchin me so far?

> In the middle there is a fairly long field full of frequently respawning adrenaline....
> On both sides, there is a fence much like the one around the base of Eire...
> Beyond the fence on both sides is a barn and a farmhouse....
> In the barn is a SPMA... by the house are a couple of scorpions...
> behind the house is a manta and raptor...
> flags in front of farm house...

Now my favorite maps are Lapse and Iron Igloos...
I would like to see this map be about as wide as desert combat, but much longer... maybe an hour glass shape...
I would like to see this map have an outer area above the adren field that the manta cannot get to but foot soldiers can by using a boost pad... or wall climb with vehicles...
>maybe a boost pad to top of farm house or barn... should be able to jump across between buildings...

Weapons: All but link and avirals... maybe deemer on outer edge and shield on other side....

Mr Bean
Cock-docker

Post by Mr Bean »

Hey Belta. I was at work today thinking about that cool museum map you made (instead of thinking about work). I think it has a real nice flow. There's a lot of headroom in there. I was thinking it would be cool to put some jump pads or elevaters to get up to some higher spots. Maybe sniping spots or alternate foot routes. Also some shield gun pieces are always cool. Just an idea I had.