Strangelove Mutator Problems with UTComp

Discuss VCTF in both UT2004 and UT3

Moderator: Admins

badasp
Holy sh*t!

Strangelove Mutator Problems with UTComp

Post by badasp »

I have been playing on the Strangelove VCTF/CTF server (riding rockets) when CTC is full and it seems that they run a mutator that the UTComp on CTC forbids. After playing on the Strangelove server, I joined CTC and then was removed from the game. It stated the reason was for something along the lines of "UrSSL33r.u" present, which stands for Unreal Riders (UrS, the clan who runs the server) and is the the Strangelove mutator. When I try to rejoin, it states that "your IP has been banned for the current session." The PWC trials server also seems not to like the Strangelove mutator, but it simply prompts you to restart UT2004 and then you can get in. Is there any way to remedy this so I can play both on the Strangelove and CTC server? I suppose restarting UT2004 after I play on UrS may be a remedy, but perhaps there is some setting I can change so I won't have to do this. Thanks in advance. 8)
Last edited by badasp on Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

x-GAMBIT-x
Cock-docker

Re: Strangelove Mutator Problems with UTComp

Post by x-GAMBIT-x »

Yeah I had to do that before way back, played on one server and didn't agree on another
had to restart my UT before joining in the other server again......
D/L Maps for CTC Server+More-> http://ctc-map-downloads.synthasite.com
Gambit Just Dealt You The Card of Death!!!!!

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

It's not UTCOmp that's kicking you out, it's ANTItcc.. The resolution is to quit UT2k4, restart and join the CTC server. It shouldn't happen then.
Let me know if that doesn't fix it.
Thanks!
"The abyss gazes also into you"

Beltamaxx
Holy sh*t!

Post by Beltamaxx »

It needs to be white listed.

badasp
Holy sh*t!

Post by badasp »

CTC-JimRimya wrote:It's not UTCOmp that's kicking you out, it's ANTItcc.. The resolution is to quit UT2k4, restart and join the CTC server. It shouldn't happen then.
Let me know if that doesn't fix it.
Thanks!
After second thought, I kind of figured it was ANTItcc and not UTComp that was doing the kicking. PWC does not run UTComp but has ANTItcc and the same issue occurs there like CTC. Restarting, however, seems to do the trick. Only problem is that it can be easy to forget to restart, especially when there is only one slot left on CTC and you want to rush to fill before someone else does. 8) Nonetheless, restarting is indeed a resolution and thank you for mentioning it.

x-GAMBIT-x
Cock-docker

Post by x-GAMBIT-x »

Yeah Basap if the server is full and you want in just hollar and I can leave and
you can jump in or any other CTC I'm sure would be willing as long as were not on a killing
spree and the match is almost done..... :D But we can get you in or anyone else that
wants to join in.
D/L Maps for CTC Server+More-> http://ctc-map-downloads.synthasite.com
Gambit Just Dealt You The Card of Death!!!!!

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

ya... just kick it in spec and let us know you want in. Unless I'm on a manta or something ! :)
"The abyss gazes also into you"

Mr Bean
Cock-docker

Post by Mr Bean »

The other day Belta and I went to a strangelove server and then back to CTC without any problems. Who knows why we didn't :?